THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers fans stay having a victim mentality. Everything aint a conspiracy against yall

#ALA

again with more lies :lol: :lol:

there's an entire subset of NBA fans who rather the Lakers fail then there own team win. Lakers fans hear these ******** narratives all the time. Every team from the trash ones over the few years to the dynasties has been overly scrutinized & picked apart.

the second a Laker fan decides to speak on some negatives about another team, they're "hating" and downplaying the competition :lol:.

dudes always get their panties in a bunch whenever Lakers fans point out faults with other teams when half this thread is throwing doomsday scenarios on the Lakers daily.

Clippers don’t have any bigs or any guards. We won’t make the playoffs imo

Best Bench in the league, Best duo since MJ & Pippen, and the Lou will/ Trez pick & Roll that is only challenged by Stockton & Malone... the rest of the teams may as well forfeit & head to the CBA.

#seasonisawash

Laker fans for the most part aren't expecting Avery Bradley & Dwight to be anything more than solid role players for 20-25 minutes per night.

Avery Bradley over the past two seasons 109 Games, 12/3/2 on 41/36/80 def rating 113
Pat Beverley over the past two seasons 89 Games, 8/5/4 on 40/39/ 79 def rating 111

Landry Shamet single season 9/3/2 on 43/42/80 def rating 116
Quinn Cook Last season (playing about 8 less minutes per game) 7/2/2 on 46/40/77 def rating 113

Lou will is infinitely better than rondo has been in the regular season the past three years... Lets take a look at their last three playoff series tho

Lou Will 21 games, 15/3/3 on 40/28/85 Def rating 117
Rondo 13 games, 10/7/11 on 42/33/63 Def rating 107

I'm having real trouble configuring how one set of guards isn't enough to even get a team with Lebron & AD into the playoffs comfortably..... and the other contains all the key pieces you want out of a guard rotation for a championship team

But yea aite.

Last edited:
Best Bench in the league, Best duo since MJ & Pippen, and the Lou will/ Trez pick & Roll that is only challenged by Stockton & Malone... the rest of the teams may as well forfeit & head to the CBA.

#seasonisawash
I'm 100% sure you haven't heard anyone compliment the Lou/trezz pnr like that

I've heard the mj/pippen thing, but that's hog wash...for now.

What would lead you to think the the Clippers bench isn't the best in the league when they were the best in the league last year in many aspects?

I just wanna try a lil experiment. How good would this team be?

Beverly
George
LeBron
Green
Zubac
tenor (14).gif

The only national media figure that has given the Lakers credit for their "depth" has been Windhorst. And I think that's primarily because it wasn't like last summer's roster. :lol:
Or maybe because windhorst has been in LeBrons back pocket for years

I knew it was gonna happen but it’s still funny to see Lakers fans change their opinions on Dwight and Avery Bradley.

Just over the past year....we’ve watched Lakers fans go on an EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER with LeBron, Dwight and Avery Bradley.

Hilarious. Even more funny is them watching their former 23 year old PG that they gave up for nothing, star for the Warriors. So much fun!

A lot of teams are not looking forward to #39 Dwight 2.0 setting a solid pick for point forward Lebron, then rolling hard to the rim with big AD somewhere on the weak side just waiting to wreak havoc while you got 3 point shooter deluxe DGreen, QCook, and Kuz all itching to get their next open look because of all the attention Lebron, AD, and Dwight are going to get.

Man it's gonna be scary.

:emoji_thinking:

I'm biased though.

On topic: theres a pretty steep drop of talent after PG and Kawhi, and essentially replacing Gallo + Shai (I'm pretty high on him) + Harris with Shamet + Harkless in the supporting cast is a downgrade.

The Clippers actually got better last year after the Harris trade and Shamet came on board. Since Gallo and Shia were starters, you can’t really say they got replaced by Shamet and Harkless in the supporting cast. Those guys got replaced by Kawhi and PG.

So that means the Clippers have basically the same bench as they did last year, with Lou and Trezz as the features. They also still have JayMychal Green, who played very well last season, particularly in the playoffs. Doc’s been very good the last couple years in getting good play out of the bench guys, so I’m confident they’ll get what else they need off the bench from any combination of Jerome Robinson, Rodney McGruder, Terrance Mann, etc. Plus, they still have one more roster spot they can fill.

Just over the past year....we’ve watched Lakers fans go on an EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER with LeBron, Dwight and Avery Bradley.

Hilarious. Even more funny is them watching their former 23 year old PG that they gave up for nothing, star for the Warriors. So much fun!

They also went from openly recruiting Pat Bev on Twitter in the Summer to saying he’s overrated trash who can’t guard Alex Caruso after he re-signed with the Clippers...

The Clippers actually got better last year after the Harris trade and Shamet came on board. Since Gallo and Shia were starters, you can’t really say they got replaced by Shamet and Harkless in the supporting cast. Those guys got replaced by Kawhi and PG.

So that means the Clippers have basically the same bench as they did last year, with Lou and Trezz as the features. They also still have JayMychal Green, who played very well last season, particularly in the playoffs. Doc’s been very good the last couple years in getting good play out of the bench guys, so I’m confident they’ll get what else they need off the bench from any combination of Jerome Robinson, Rodney McGruder, Terrance Mann, etc. Plus, they still have one more roster spot they can fill.

For me depth is a numbers game, for sure Kawhi and PG were massive upgrades but I need to see what the rest of the guys after Lou and Trez can do before saying the bench is tops in the league.

JMG was in and out of my fantasy team last year towards the end of the season :lol: decent low end numbers not much else imo.

On point analysis.

But the Big question for Clips fans imo is....how do they feel about Zubac as their only true center when in the playoffs he gonna go up against the likes of Jokic, AD, Dwight, Whiteside, Jurkic, Aldridge, Gobert, KAT, Porzingis, who else am I missing?

Lou Williams is looking more and more expendable by the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom