THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how Gobert is somehow NBA patient zero and this is all his fault. Noone truly has a single clue. **** he could've got it from Mitchell for all we know.

Narratives.

ETCUAWGU8AAm_s6

Last edited:
I referenced this back in August: a list of full NBA games available on YouTube

don't be thick. he's an idiot cause of the jackassery he pulled in the face of a serious health scare. stop it

This is exactly what I mean.

What jackassery? A video of him touching mics and the tables in exactly one post game press conference? (did noone else league wide do this purposeful or not?) Reports (key word here) of him being careless and jovial in the lockerroom touching his teammates? (As if this doesn't happen regardless on the court or in the lockeroom after the league wide warnings on Corona) That's it?

Those two incidences are the reason the sports world have grinded to a halt? Think about that for a second. Those two incidences are being used to scapegoat him for the halting of American sports right now. I mean come on. :lol:

Your anger is misplaced, like most people right now. Because he's a goof and didn't take it serious, he's the guy that started it all.

Narratives

What jackassery? A video of him touching mics and the tables in exactly one post game press conference? (did noone else league wide do this purposeful or not?) Reports (key word here) of him being careless and jovial in the lockerroom touching his teammates? (As if this doesn't happen regardless on the court or in the lockeroom after the league wide warnings on Corona) That's it?

Those two incidences are the reason the sports world have grinded to a halt? Think about that for a second. Those two incidences are being used to scapegoat him for the halting of American sports right now. I mean come on. :lol:

Your anger is misplaced, like most people right now. Because he's a goof and didn't take it serious, he's the guy that started it all.

Narratives

Well said. Exactly.

Narratives

No one said he started it all bro. Not a single person. Find me a post or article that says he started this in the NBA. I will gladly wait.

And since you must have been in the back when others and I stated this earlier so you didn’t hear us but the outrage isn’t that he started all this. The backlash is because he was intentionally doing things in a public forum that could put others, as well as himself, at risk. You also mention that he was the only one doing this...well, let’s think about this. It was the ******* Jazz at OKC and cameras were there. You don’t think there were cameras and reporters at all the other teams pressers who would have reported similar behavior if someone behaved in a similar manner?

RE: your point about the locker room. Sure, teammates horse around in the locker room; however, is that remotely appropriate at a time when all Americans are told that an unknown virus is going around so keep to yourself, don’t touch others, etc.? You also doubt these “reports” but don’t you think you if they were false that he or staff would have stood up for him? Just because he eats his sandwiches on baguettes and not white bread does not hold him above American guidelines.

Do we know for sure that we gave it to Donovan and not vice vera? No, but his blatant disregard for the virus put him in the spotlight and at the center of things. If you wanna be the class clown, don’t expect people to cape for you when your harmless prank turns into something more serious then try to downplay your actions.

He acted like a jackass. It terribly backfired. He is rightfully so receiving all of the smoke.Those aren’t narratives. Those are facts, my brother.

Narratives

Let me respond to your questions with some other questions.

If another NBA player, in a recent press conference, touched all the mics for the purposes of making light of the Coronavirus, wouldn’t it have been reported? Why would only Rudy Gobert doing it get a media reaction? Very unlikely anyone else did it and you’re reaching to suggest otherwise.

And on what basis should we be doubting the “reports” that he was clowning around in the locker room? It’s fully consistent with what he did with the mics. And why would anyone lie about it? Are you suggesting there is a conspiracy against Rudy Gobert? And if so, why?

Yes, the NBA season more than likely would have eventually been suspended anyway, but Rudy still acted like an idiot. He’s probably getting more hate than is warranted, but he ****** up. Period.

Narratives
Wavy bag deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom