THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I deadass thought that was DC until I saw JD’s post. I was like “How in the hell did I miss this buffoonery?!?” then I clicked the post :lol: .

He says wild stuff all the time.

He also believes in tarot card readings and healing crystals.

6 people laid off at my job (~50 employees)

I don’t think I’ll have a job by the end of April 😓

Sorry to hear that fambily. You just got to keep grinding and hope for the best but unfortunately our fate is in the hands of an orangutang. Make sure to take advantage of your bennys while you still got them if you feel ill AT ALL. Have been you been working from home or in the lab?

I’ve been telling this to all my mentees but I would advise everyone, even if your job is safe, to use this downtime to dust off your resumes, get that thang as spicy as possible and see what openings currently exist in your field/field of interest. Chances are the markets are that when this all over the applicant pool in the job market is going to be like your favorite rappers AP #flooded.

I didn’t foresee this coming or anything but I responded to an executive recruiter around the holidays and been flirting with them all year. Yesterday while everyone at my company was panicking, I had two interviews so it definitely pays to get a head start. You can use this time to get light years ahead of the competition and potentially end up better off if you play your cards right.

I have no projects lined up after April 15...no Revenue coming in for the foreseeable future...this ish is for real...

Sorry to hear that fambily. You just got to keep grinding and hope for the best but unfortunately our fate is in the hands of an orangutang. Make sure to take advantage of your bennys while you still got them if you feel ill AT ALL. Have been you been working from home or in the lab?

I’ve been telling this to all my mentees but I would advise everyone, even if your job is safe, to use this downtime to dust off your resumes, get that thang as spicy as possible and see what openings currently exist in your field/field of interest. Chances are the markets are that when this all over the applicant pool in the job market is going to be like your favorite rappers AP #flooded.

I didn’t foresee this coming or anything but I responded to an executive recruiter around the holidays and been flirting with them all year. Yesterday while everyone at my company was panicking, I had two interviews so it definitely pays to get a head start. You can use this time to get light years ahead of the competition and potentially end up better off if you play your cards right.

I actually have been on vacation since Monday. My Birthday is on Sunday so I had taken 2 weeks off for some travel. My company’s office is still open for accounting, warehouse, etc but all creative departments (im in marketing) are working from home as of today. One of my closest coworkers was laid off yesterday and he’s the one that brought me up to speed. Feel awful for him. 3 kids and his wife does not work. Im hoping I stick around because they begged me to stay in January when I had put my 2 weeks in. But the fact that I got a significant raise makes me feel like I’d be the one they’d want to let go of to save money.

I‘ll definitely be applyingyo jobs starting today. I offered to cancel my 2nd week of vacation and WFH starting on Monday. We shall see.

The restaurant I just visited last Friday laid off all of their employees at three different locations.
Baltimore's most prominent restaurant group laid off all of their hourly employees. Feel like this is happening/going to happen all over the place, which is why I definitely wasn't surprised when I heard the news about Tilman Frittata. Sucks man.

Frittata is a clown, but I think there are a lot of hospitality owners that are doing this so the workers can collect unemployment and get COBRA until things pick back up.

unfortunately the timeline for when unemployment checks will be coming in for those recently laid off is probably going to be a few months. my homie can’t even submit an application for it because the website keeps crashing, likely from an unprecedented amount of traffic. and COBRA coverage is wildly unaffordable. most people would just be better off buying insurance directly from a provider than going with COBRA.

long story short: **** frittata

I‘ll definitely be applyingyo jobs starting today. I offered to cancel my 2nd week of vacation and WFH starting on Monday. We shall see.

That’s the attitude, my dude. Let’s get this paper!
1584640906825.gif

They could cancel the Finals and just go with a "special" league open tourney like March Madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom