THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They talked about this very subject on the Woj pod over the weekend.

Gonna see a dramatic drop next season then ascent in a couple of years. I'm sure the union will learn from 2016 and cap smooth.

So does this basically means all the teams with cap space this summer won’t really be able to make major moves and/or that FAs will be taking less? Also seems like in that scenario teams will more or less be running back their squads from 19-20. Damn.

So does this basically means all the teams with cap space this summer won’t really be able to make major moves and/or that FAs will be taking less? Also seems like in that scenario teams will more or less be running back their squads from 19-20. Damn.
Yep... Bird Rights will be important this off season and there should be good bargains on the market.

So I’m stuck with an older more washed Al Horford :smh:

I’m most interested in finding out how teams will handle season ticket holder’s money that they’re just holding at this point.

Lakers playoff ticket deposits were due right before the pandemic hit and since then I’ve barely heard a word from them on that front.

I’m most interested in finding out how teams will handle season ticket holder’s money that they’re just holding at this point.

Lakers playoff ticket deposits were due right before the pandemic hit and since then I’ve barely heard a word from them on that front.

I know the Knicks are refunding money for the games that were left this season + deferring payments for next season.

If they go fanless for the remainder of this season/playoffs or if everything is canceled, I would imagine they would return it. It’s not like they can say “Use the balance to apply towards next season!” with any degree of certainty.

It might a pretty interesting look at how teams handle money because some teams may be running a deficit and complain about giving this back since they’ll also be taking a massive hit with the lost revenue from the TV deals.

I know the Knicks are refunding money for the games that were left this season + deferring payments for next season.

Yeah?

I’d appreciate some communication to that effect from the Lakers.

Other than them halfway acknowledging some weeks ago the fact that they’ve pretty much said nothing is a bit unprofessional.

If they go fanless for the remainder of this season/playoffs or if everything is canceled, I would imagine they would return it. It’s not like they can say “Use the balance to apply towards next season!” with any degree of certainty.

It might a pretty interesting look at how teams handle money because some teams may be running a deficit and complain about giving this back since they’ll also be taking a massive hit with the lost revenue from the TV deals.

I don’t know.

The Lakers unlike some other ownership groups... their wealth comes from their Tv deal with spectrum and really only other Lakers related things. They don’t have Steve Ballmer money to tap into, hence the small business loan that they took out from the Government and have since returned after public outrage.

I’m guessing that they make every effort to hold onto the deposits. They already tried to hit us with the “we have employees to pay” line.

I feel terrible for their employees, but I’m not getting their employees confused with Staples center ticket takers and the like... those folks aren’t employed by the Lakers.

I don’t know.

The Lakers unlike some other ownership groups... their wealth comes from their Tv deal with spectrum and really only other Lakers related things. They don’t have Steve Ballmer money to tap into, hence the small business loan that they took out from the Government and have since returned after public outrage.

I’m guessing that they make every effort to hold onto the deposits. They already tried to hit us with the “we have employees to pay” line.

I feel terrible for their employees, but I’m not getting their employees confused with Staples center ticket takers and the like... those folks aren’t employed by the Lakers.

SMH. I’m sorry to hear about bro. Now the loan actually makes a lot more sense :lol: Given what you said, they’re probably just gonna wait until the last possible moment to give it back. Crazy they’re having issues like this because they can’t possible be the only ones.

Maybe I am misinterpreting, but Watson seems to insinuate Sarver was the one that stopped the Tatum workout. Wild.

What blows my mind even more is how Tatum thought he was going to Philly, his workouts were amazing then we traded up to the #1 spot, workout Fultz, I watched that **** live and it was quite possibly the worst workout I’ve ever seen :lol: and we STILL picked the dude. This man was bricking every damn thing in sight it was ridiculous.

Don't believe so.

What blows my mind even more is how Tatum thought he was going to Philly, his workouts were amazing then we traded up to the #1 spot, workout Fultz, I watched that **** live and it was quite possibly the worst workout I’ve ever seen :lol: and we STILL picked the dude. This man was bricking every damn thing in sight it was ridiculous.

It's VERY hard to be a Sixers fan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom