THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not mad G. It's possible to disagree on something and not be "mad."

He didn't really need to clear anything up. He said a tweet that said "fight for freedom, stand for Hong Kong" was "misinformed."

Then he doubled down and prioritized the NBA over folks in the HK being gassed, beaten and oppressed. It's eerily similar to mentality of the GOP in this country.

so forget the tweet giving more insight & explanation of what was "misinformed".... we're just gonna ignore that :lol:

and nowhere did i take his comments as choosing the NBA over folks being oppressed in China.. He just knows that the NBA's involvement in this is gonna do absolutely nothing in helping that situation & it is negatively impacting the league.

He's trying to silence Morey. :lol:

He's essentially saying you're uneducated, shut up and dribble. The SAME sh*t Fox News did to him.

I’ll just put it like this. He used Laura Ingram talking points on Morey. If you don’t want to mess with your China money, I get it. A simple no comment or non answer would’ve sufficed instead of publicly airing Morey out.

As for Lebron complaining about the timing of the tweet being inconvenient. I get the frustration and annoyances it may have caused. But I could’ve swore I’ve also heard the line that protests and political statements aren’t supposed to be for your convenience pretty often as well.

I’m pretty sure if a conservative athlete said that players protesting police brutality were misinformed or uneducated on the topic, or if the timing was bad in that it was costing them and the NFL money and sponsors, people would lose their **** and as they should. I get it. That issue hits close to home and is much more visible, but the China stuff, while far away is real as well.

If Bron says "No comment" or "This has a lot of layers to it" he would still get dragged. :ohwell:
Yeah but it would be better :lol: He'd have to deal with a day of the **** like everyone else who said the same empty bs. He did the exact opposite though and took a direct stance contradicting Morey. Who advised him to do that nonsense? :rofl:

Honestly you guys should be less upset with people making bad tweets about China and be more upset with companies that are bending the knee to China. It's just a bad precedent, that companies are allowing themselves to be bossed around by a dictatorship like that.

It's even more startling coming from the NBA considering the fact that they have a monopoly on top tier basketball. IMO, the Chinese fans want the NBA more than the NBA wants China. While China is the largest market on the planet, the concentration of talent in the NBA is unmatched anywhere else on the planet, and it should normally give the league enough pull to tell the Chinese government to chill out. I'm curious as to why it isn't happening.

And the Fox News/MAGA types are having a field day with the latest LeBron comments, which IMO makes this ****ty situation even ****tier...

Because he and the rest of the league are engaging in the same behavior they accuse the MAGA folks of taking part in (hypocrisy and selfishness).

This one?

This exact one,

He's specifically talking about Morey's lack of knowledge on how his tweet would be interpreted, that lack of knowledge has now led to the NBA caught in an international controversy over a simple tweet.

a tweet that Morey himself said was ill advised & a tweet that added nothing, no solutions, no criticism, just a bland as show of "support".

I’ll just put it like this. He used Laura Ingram talking points on Morey. If you don’t want to mess with your China money, I get it. A simple no comment or non answer would’ve sufficed instead of publicly airing Morey out.

As for Lebron complaining about the timing of the tweet being inconvenient. I get the frustration and annoyances it may have caused. But I could’ve swore I’ve also heard the line that protests and political statements aren’t supposed to be for your convenience pretty often as well.

I’m pretty sure if a conservative athlete said that players protesting police brutality were misinformed or uneducated on the topic, or if the timing was bad in that it was costing them and the NFL money and sponsors, people would lose their **** and as they should. I get it. That issue hits close to home and is much more visible, but the China stuff, while far away is real as well.

Ding ding ding. All of this.

Imagine if Morey shot down the Rockets attempt to wear "I Can't Breathe" warm ups? Cause it's "bad business."

It's even more startling coming from the NBA considering the fact that they have a monopoly on top tier basketball. IMO, the Chinese fans want the NBA more than the NBA wants China. While China is the largest market on the planet, the concentration of talent in the NBA is unmatched anywhere else on the planet, and it should normally give the league enough pull to tell the Chinese government to chill out. I'm curious as to why it isn't happening.

Idk whyit didn't happen but I wish they had been more assertive and united in their stance against china. Now china is just going to get bolder in using its economic clout to further Its agenda.

You never want a dictatorship to get bolder in pushing its weight around.

Ding ding ding. All of this.

Imagine if Morey shot down the Rockets attempt to wear "I Can't Breathe" warm ups? Cause it's "bad business."

Lebron isn’t perfect. But he dropped the ball on this one. They weren’t going to rock with him either way. But his inconsistencies here gave the conservative Fox News crowd a bunch of ammo and talking points to use to try to delegitimize him when he does speak on things.

Critique is one thing, but people saying this tarnishes his legacy or equating it to him speaking on police brutality in america is ridiculous, and that is where most of the critique is coming from.

People are trying to make it seem like he shouldn't have a voice on any political issues because he doesn't want to talk about the china situation, i expect that from the politicians that's their job. but regular everyday people, ESPECIALLY black people rolling with that narrative is disgusting.
At the end of the day, Lebron as the face of the league, probably felt he had to make a statement. I applaud James for that. As far as his choice of verbiage? He could have done better. Nonetheless, the real 'culprit' here is Morey. The fact that he hasn't truly made a statement to address the issue further goes to show his sentiments towards what he did, misinformed or not.

Like you said, this will be forgotten in a couple months.....when Lebron and his squad are dominating the Rockets and the rest of the league.

Those who are saying Lebron's legacy is tarnished will be the same people eating crow when Lebron becomes the first HOF elite superstar to lead 3 different teams to a title.

This exact one,

He's specifically talking about Morey's lack of knowledge on how his tweet would be interpreted, that lack of knowledge has now led to the NBA caught in an international controversy over a simple tweet.

a tweet that Morey himself said was ill advised & a tweet that added nothing, no solutions, no criticism, just a bland as show of "support".

I think Lebron and Morey are BOTH going back on their word because they both now understand the ramifications of what they said off the rip :lol:

Because he and the rest of the league are engaging in the same behavior they accuse the MAGA folks of taking part in (hypocrisy and selfishness).

I feel like this has been a reoccurring theme in the media throughout the year and I ****ing love it :lol:

I love when both "sides" get caught in the same sea of hypocrisy and everyone is left with egg on their face looking stupid...and we see what this **** is REALLY all about = $$$.

We also need to remember Lebron never went to college, so wth does he know about political sociology?

It would've been better for him to stay in his lane and let the politicians do all the talking. But I get it, he either felt responsible to speak up as the face of the league or he may have been urged by someone in the NBA to speak.

Lebron wasn't informed about Morey imo just as much as Morey was misinformed, if that is truly the case.

This fumble play is strictly on Morey and tbh, I think the main reason Lebron spoke up was to throw Morey under the bus.

Having said that....HOU you have a problem and it ain't Daryl.

I feel like this has been a reoccurring theme in the media throughout the year and I ****ing love it :lol:

I love when both "sides" get caught in the same sea of hypocrisy and everyone is left with egg on their face looking stupid...and we see what this **** is REALLY all about = $$$.

Exactly. Money talks and *******t walks.

Instead, he had no opinion and said morey shouldn’t either
Understandable Lebron had no opinion because he, too, is inadequately informed about Chinese social politics. He rightfully stayed in his lane there.

But Lebron imho wanted to subtly throw Daryl under the bus in order to force the clown Morey to make a statement to clarify his thoughts on the issue, which has yet to happen.

Morey is a bigger clown than Lebron in this light

Exactly. Money talks and *******t walks.
Morey reach so far he even got Woj show cancelled. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom