THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
97D35C45-2F67-450A-8FF8-88F62DAE0222.png
omfg

So what's your point, other than to be sarcastic?

Does Manny's statement mean he ain't no global sports icon whose likes we haven't seen since Ali?

Rhetorical questions.
He wouldn't go to prison and lose years of his career for being a conscientious objector.

Ali wasn't an icon just because of his trash talk and boxing skills. Pacquiao isn't anywhere near him when it comes to standing up for other people.

I don't agree with how Bron handled at all, but it was always going to be a lose-lose situation for him.

Definitely, but he had days to come up with a statement and that's what he came up with? LeBron is usually very calculated and above the curve, but him and his team blew this.

He would've gotten criticized for anything he said, but this was just a bad look.

However, this doesn't take away from the great things he's done. It doesn't have to be so black and white.

But let's stop acting like these dudes are some modern day martyrs. I don't expect them to be. Reminds me of the Chappelle stand up where Ja Rule is on TV after 9/11.

LeBron James is not solving Chinese communism. He shouldn't be expected to be educated about this situation and I'm sure he's not. Him being active in the black community and speaking about black rights is what pertains to him, which is totally understandable. Doesn't make him a hypocrite or anything. It's unfortunate he had to be put in this situation because of a single tweet.

But damn he blew it. Now scum like Travis, Whitelock, Barstool, Fox News are running rampant with this. As well as all the keyboard social justice warriors typing on their Chinese produced phones.

This? Yeah, he sure cleared it up.

"but I am not condemning them, just the marriage which is a sin against God."

"I'm not changing my position from what the Bible says. My mistake is just comparing them to animals. I’m just human. Nobody’s perfect."

:lol:

So I'm arguing with someone who's totally unbiased then.
You ever been to the Philippines and lived there long enough to understand the culture and the overwhelmingly prevailing attitude towards religion that guides the majority of their thinking?

Just like most of the misinformed who never lived in China therefore they dont get it?

Do you truly know the plight of other cultures if all you've ever lived at was America? Rhetorical Q.

Why dont we start there before you make futile attempts at sarcasm.

And to get back to the original point of argument before you threw yourself in a tangent.... ask yourself, which other pro athlete in the last 25 years has had as much if not more global impact as Ali and Pac?

His views on homosexuality are deplorable and not rooted in reality.
That's because he lives in a culture and country whose predominamt views on religion are vastly different from ours. Exact same thing with this China-US issue. If you never lived in Hong Kong or the mainland, you dont know the deal.

Last edited:
gotta love the space we're in where professional ball players could tell you their feeling on why they play a particular style..... and someone will come with an equation & tell them they shouldn't play that way because of their calculations.
It was not an equation... Unless now field goal percentage is now being dismissed as nerdy stats.

That's because he lives in a culture and country whose predominamt views on religious are vastly different from ours. Exact same thing with this China-US issue. If you never lived in Hong Kong or the mainland, you dont know the deal.

So....he's just being a good German eh?

Definitely, but he had days to come up with a statement and that's what he came up with? LeBron is usually very calculated and above the curve, but him and his team blew this.

He would've gotten criticized for anything he said, but this was just a bad look.

However, this doesn't take away from the great things he's done. It doesn't have to be so black and white.

But let's stop acting like these dudes are some modern day martyrs. I don't expect them to be. Reminds me of the Chappelle stand up where Ja Rule is on TV after 9/11.

LeBron James is not solving Chinese communism. He shouldn't be expected to be educated about this situation and I'm sure he's not. Him being active in the black community and speaking about black rights is what pertains to him, which is totally understandable. Doesn't make him a hypocrite or anything. It's unfortunate he had to be put in this situation because of a single tweet.

But damn he blew it. Now scum like Travis, Whitelock, Barstool, Fox News are running rampant with this. As well as all the keyboard social justice warriors typing on their Chinese produced phones.

Frame this one, man. You nailed it. Well said. All of it.

That's because he lives in a culture and country whose predominamt views on religious are vastly different from ours. Exact same thing with this China-US issue. If you never lived in Hong Kong or the mainland, you dont know the deal.

I grew up in the bible belt G, I'm aware of the types. His statement especially on how homosexuality manifests itself in nature is just flat out not true. Hence the not rooted in reality.

The wildest part of the Bron defenses o have seen online are people defending China.

HK protesters are fighting not to be ruled by an oppressive regime. Only reason it looks like things goes both ways right now is China is letting HK authorities settle things. The Chinese government are still threatening a Tiananmen Square 2.0 scenario.

Dudes really giving the oppressive government that is running concentration camps and performing religious cleansing the benefit of the doubt :lol:

Comrade Bron really got some folk wildin

So it’s ok for people that lived in Germany during the Nazi regime to share thoughts similar to theirs because that’s what they grew up around?

It was not an equation... Unless now field goal percentage is now being dismissed as nerdy stats.

1) I wasn't talking about that particular exchange
2) when these guys talk analytics they are consistently taking out SO MANY real life factors that effect shot selection.

What makes it even worse is that what he said is actually, factually wrong. Homosexual behavior has been observed in a number of animal species. So old Pac-Man is ignorant on quite a number of levels.
Of course he is, dude came from the streets and dropped out of school like at the age of 9 lol

Still doesnt change the fact he is closer to Ali as a global icon than Lebron is, which is the original point I made. Until the annoyed Celtic fan went on a tangent to fit his agenda lol

Btw....how do Celtic fans feel about sucking? #OneChipSince'86.

1) I wasn't talking about that particular exchange
2) when these guys talk analytics they are consistently taking out SO MANY real life factors that effect shot selection.
I don't see how when the analytics are taking into account everything that happened on the floor. It's never been sprouted as the end all be all either context matters, but KD can't just say "more guys should shoot the mid range " and ignore the fact that mid range shooting hasn't improved over the last 20 seasons.

The term analytics just needs to go. It makes it seem like some sort of gymnastics is going on when it's simply an interpretation of game results which often spans across 20+ seasons.

Please go ahead and quote what Manny said to clarify what he meant after he made that statement. If you remember, he apologized for this and cleared up his statement.

And for you to think that Pacman isn't the global icon on the same level that Ali was is just flat out ignorant. Many acknowledge Pacquiao as having a similar impact globally as Ali.

I've been to Manny's home in LA have and spoken to him myself about global and humanitarian issues in his country and around the world but I won't go there in this thread.
Why didn't anyone tell me Buboy had a NT account

Last edited:
He views homosexuality through the lens of the bible. In 2019. And tried to elaborate by using animal mating as an analogy for the human pecking order. LOL.
Again, what is your point? Stick to the topic at hand bro....Pacman is more of a global icon like Ali than Lebron. Did you already forget?

Pacquiao isn't anywhere near Ali when it comes to standing up for other people.
Lmao.....at the highest level.

Have you ever lived in the Philippine Islands? otherwise you wouldn't have a clue if, how, when, where, and why Manny stands up for his people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom