THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those that think this is just for optics, I don't think you understand the risk that he's choosing. See, no matter what he says, he's risking losing 'the other side'; that's a fact. If he were to say 'Back the blue, there is no pandemic, racism is a myth because those that work hard achieve success', would you say that was for optics? Or would you say those are character revealing statements and now eff a Mark Cuban for saying those things? If you would really say that your opinion of him would be unchanged by those words (Back the blue, etc), because you realize they're just for optics, I'll accept that. I'm just saying, right now, before anyone answers, I doubt anyone would say that those words would be for optics. If he were to say those words, they would be taken seriously.

No matter what he says, there will be those that think it disingenuous and criticize him.for it, and those that think it serious, so eff him. Again, those are facts. With those facts in mind, he has chosen to side with the 'Black Lives Matter, wear a damn mask, dismantle systemic racism' side. He has chosen to alienate those that disagree with those sentiments, and that is a lot.

"What about his shortcomings? His organization was under investigation just a few years ago. Eff him." Obviously a fair criticism, but obviously has nothing to do with this conversation right here, right? This isn't a conversation on the overall assessment, is it? I'm just talking about this Twitter back-and-forth with him & Cruz and the side he has chosen to take, alienating those he has chosen to alienate and siding with those he has chosen to side with.

I always try to re-up on The Athletic when they have their 50% off when the NBA season kicks off.

There have been statements of support and pledges of donations to the Black Lives Matter movement and civil rights groups from a wide range of industries, from finance and food to fashion and entertainment.

But some of the famous brands are being accused of hypocrisy: are they genuinely involved in the anti-racism cause, or are they just trying to raise their profiles?

Be aware of 'brand activism'

I get that, and thanks for posting it.

Russell’s problem is fitment and posture. His clothes just don’t fit properly.

Jimmy Butler style underrated too.

Lol at spacing out the chairs and then playing the 4th most COVID risk sport

FAACAEAF-B1B4-4921-A62D-9CB419994F77.jpeg

getback getback :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom