THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delon Wright had such a good game. Rick's rotations last night were on point. Outside of weirdly starting Lee the first two games :lol:

Jalen fits so well with Luka and KP and Wright can either start of come off the bench as long as Jalen shares most of his minutes with the two stars. Closing lineup clearly points to Luka, KP, Jalen and a fluid situation for the other 2 spots. Wright making a strong case

I honestly didn't think Jalen Brunson's transition would be this smooth. He's a starter in year two for a possible playoff team shooting above league average from three. Hard work pays off.

Lonzo looking more and more like his dad the more weight he gains.

Is it a foregone conclusion that KAT & DLo will go to Phoenix?

Delon Wright had such a good game. Rick's rotations last night were on point. Outside of weirdly starting Lee the first two games :lol:

Jalen fits so well with Luka and KP and Wright can either start of come off the bench as long as Jalen shares most of his minutes with the two stars. Closing lineup clearly points to Luka, KP, Jalen and a fluid situation for the other 2 spots. Wright making a strong case

Brunson/Wright is damn near ideal as a guard combo playing off Luka. If those two can shoot adequately from deep over the course of a season, they’re going to be damn good at that spot for the near-term.

Need a long rangey wing and a banger inside to pair with KP and move Kleber to the bench to back up both big spots.

Players should never change their forms. I hate trainers that force it, scamming people thinking all of a sudden they’ll be Steph Curry with a new form. Muscle memory and confidence far outweighs “proper mechanics”.

Not everyone is Klay Thompson. Picture perfect mechanics. If for 10+ years your form was *** but you still made shots (Marion, Kevin Martin, Fultz, etc) with constant repetition then no you shouldn’t completely change it. Idc how many reps you get in you won’t ever replace years of muscle memory. If you gotta make a minor tweak sure, but full form change? Hell no.

Look at Dennis and Fultz in college. They hit plenty of shots. You dont need to Be a 40% shooter from 3 to
be a star. Plenty of very good players **** up their careers with these stupid trainers completely changing their forms.

Brunson/Wright is damn near ideal as a guard combo playing off Luka. If those two can shoot adequately from deep over the course of a season, they’re going to be damn good at that spot for the near-term.

Need a long rangey wing and a banger inside to pair with KP and move Kleber to the bench to back up both big spots.
Hopefully no more starting lineups of Wright, Lee, Maxi. Keep spacing at all times Luka is on the floor. I also don't care for THJ to share too many minutes with Luka or KP, let him gun on his own and not take shots from them

For rotational purposes, Wright off the bench makes sense but closing games with Jalen could work. I originally wanted it to be Jalen and Seth but that generally leaves a hole defensively. It'll be fluid matchup by matchup, it's good to have that optionality

Maxi is concerning me, from his World Cup play though pre season through now, he looks flat. It'll be nice having Powell's rim gravity back. He makes more sense as a starter too

I agree. What matters more is if the ball is going through the hoop, not how pretty the shot looks

But some guys got to change their form because the ball isn't going in enough

Maxi is concerning me, from his World Cup play though pre season through now, he looks flat. It'll be nice having Powell's rim gravity back. He makes more sense as a starter too
He’ll be fine, but yeah his legs look kinda dead.

I like him sharing minutes with KP for stretches, but he’s not a starter long-term.

Liked what I saw from my son Grant Williams last night. Shot wasn't falling but he did everything else really well. Really good fit for Brad's system.

Don't really agree with this guy's take taking Kanter's minutes. Think he's going to end up taking minutes from Theis.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

Yeah Maxi is a promising role player imo. Better fit for now is coming off the bench and hitting some shots. Powell is somewhat overpaid but with KP spacing out, Powell's rim running fits really well. Was bummed out he'd not be able to start the year. Apparently Sunday is a possibility but I'd rather have him take his time

Liked what I saw from my son Grant Williams last night. Shot wasn't falling but he did everything else really well. Really good fit for Brad's system.

Don't really agree with this guy's take taking Kanter's minutes. Would rather see him take minutes from Theis.

Bro that first backdoor pass had me :nthat: was happy to see him come in as the second wave of subs early in the game

I don't love the Powell/KP pairing a ton defensively or on the glass. Neither of them is very good there.

Offensively it's seamless.

I don't love the Powell/KP pairing a ton defensively or on the glass. Neither of them is very good there.

Offensively it's seamless.
Unfortunately neither compliment big is perfect but it's just what they have to work with. They really love Powell though man :smh: ? gave him a contract nobody else was even thinking of
I think the Mavs end up closing with Brunson/Wright/Luka/KP/Powell.
Definitely one option. I think they have multiple options though, especially moving KP to the 5

Jalen & Deleon's grit in the backcourt is appreciated.
Guys that do the little things & go hard both ends of the floor.
Jalen's a starter, but I like him coming off the bench.

Peep my Grant Williams take from the draft thread :pimp:

Just a smart do it all type player. Wasn’t surprised the Celtics took him. He’ll be in the rotation.

Jalen & Deleon's grit in the backcourt is appreciated.
Guys that do the little things & go hard both ends of the floor.
Jalen's a starter, but I like him coming off the bench.
I’d prefer Delon start and Jalen lead the second unit, but they’ll figure out what’s best as the year progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom