THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t like how he is being used right now. He’s chasing smaller guys around the floor on defense and he should be posting people up until his game comes back to him on offense. Just getting him frustrated and sapping his confidence.

he can’t really post up

So what you're saying is...2 of the top 4 teams in the east will make the conference finals? 🤔🧐
2 weeks ago it was widely believed that it was the bucks and Philly and that's it. I always said Boston before the season.

Prior to opening night, nobody outside of New England had Boston and everybody wrote off Toronto.

If you're painting me into a comer, ok, my ecf is Toronto and Boston. Better?

Philly Legit has no reason to not be in the Eastern finals at least. Milwaulkeee on the other hand no matter how much i believe in Giannis, that roster is still missing a piece. Come playoff time relying on bledsoe is a scary site.

With that said The Celtics have 0 interior defense & zero answers for Giannis & they're best player is a perimeter oriented PG.

The Raptors are deeper than i expected, but again in terms of supporting cast Bucks/Raptors are pretty equal & three weeks of play ain't enough to make me believe that Siakim could be a #1 option on a contending team.

I say that to say whatever team comes out the East is getting pummeled as they are currently constructed.

How high does Shai go in a re-draft? Remember dudes saying we goofed cuz we took him over Porter JR and Bridges

Peep Game Peep Game

I know it's early but what are your thoughts on the Russ/Harden experiment?

I like Russ not falling into the ****ty 3 or else offense and staying within his limits, and Harden's shooting will eventually get back to norm. My concern is still the team in general not having a younger backup big, a younger wing, and MDA's general incompetence. This is basically a team where the players are coaching themselves since they don't have an actual coach.

Philly Legit has no reason to not be in the Eastern finals at least. Milwaulkeee on the other hand no matter how much i believe in Giannis, that roster is still missing a piece. Come playoff time relying on bledsoe is a scary site.

With that said The Celtics have 0 interior defense & zero answers for Giannis & they're best player is a perimeter oriented PG.

The Raptors are deeper than i expected, but again in terms of supporting cast Bucks/Raptors are pretty equal & three weeks of play ain't enough to make me believe that Siakim could be a #1 option on a contending team.

I say that to say whatever team comes out the East is getting pummeled as they are currently constructed.

Just funny how less than 2 weeks ago Boston and Toronto was abstract thought, while Milwaukee and Philly were penciled in...and now I'm just "stating the obvious" by saying Boston and Toronto.

Small sample size obviously, but thus far...

"Opponents' starting PFs and Centers contribute an average of a combined:
24pts on 40% shooting from the field against the Celtics.
The Celtics through 9 games have held opposing starting PFs or Centers below 10 pts, 7 times this season.
And 4x where only 1 field goal was made.
Only 6x in 9 games where a starting PF and/or Center shot above 50% from the field. (Mitchell Robinson did it 2x).
Only Pascal Siakam and Giannis are the only starting bigs who broke 20 points."

As far as whatever team comes out of the East getting pummeled, yeah, I agree with you. The Clippers probably would crush whoever comes out of the East, just as they will whoever they play en route to the Finals in the West.

The Celtics through 9 games have held opposing starting PFs or Centers below 10 pts, 7 times this season.
Only 6x in 9 games where a starting PF and/or Center shot above 50% from the field. (Mitchell Robinson did it 2x).

As far as whatever team comes out of the East getting pummeled, yeah, I agree with you. The Clippers probably would crush whoever comes out of the East, just as they will whoever they play en route to the Finals in the West.
Is LAC favored by that wide of a margin? They’re the favorite to be certain

I appreciate the stats.... i guess?

point is that nothing I've seen from this Bos team has me thinking of them as a real threat to win anything, if you disagree more power to you. but this isn't even fun to troll about.

How high does Shai go in a re-draft? Remember dudes saying we goofed cuz we took him over Porter JR and Bridges
This season, he's looking to be 3rd or 4th depending on how high you are on Ayton.
Luka > Trae > Shai/Ayton

He's still very raw offensively, but he's still averaging like 21 PPG (shooting about 48% on the field and 40% from deep).
He reminds me of Jrue Holiday but not as good of a playmaker.
And offensively, he reminds me of Pascal.

Reactions: HIM
I appreciate the stats.... i guess?

point is that nothing I've seen from this Bos team has me thinking of them as a real threat to win anything, if you disagree more power to you. but this isn't even fun to troll about.
I mean I’m certainly not picking them to win the title, as I do believe the Clippers will win pretty easily as long as they are healthy.

I do think Boston needs another big, which they very well could get in the buyout market. But thus far, they’ve shown to be really good defensively, have been an awesome 2nd half team, have the best assist/turnover ratio in the league, and have 4 guys that can get you 25 pts on any given night. Of course Philly and Milwaukee are going to be tough, but I think it would be a bit silly to just dismiss Boston against them. Especially if the Cs could have home court against one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom