THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea. But I’m sure a solid big man who’s won a championship before and is an expiring at the end of the year could fetch them at least something by the deadline if they wanted to get rid of him. Buying him out just makes absolutely zero sense. Same thing with Favors.
You do realize that buyouts generally happen in order to appease agents, correct?

The salary matching is what makes a trade for him difficult. Tristan is making 18 million dollars. Most playoff teams don't just have $18M in contracts that they can spare in order to match salary, without drastically changing their team. Same situation applies to both Favors and Iguodala. Try playing with the trade machine. It's really tough to put together something that makes sense.

Veterans with expiring contracts on bad teams typically are the candidates that get bought out, and all 3 of these guys fit the bill. All hypothetical though for now.

Most don't make much of a difference, but every few years there is one (Tim Thomas, Fisher, Beno, Ilyasova/Belinelli, Kanter).
Yea it's rare. I think Iggy is by far the best player on the buyout market this season. Greg Monroe, Pau Gasol, Ike anigbogu, Gortat, Tyson Chandler. These are the caliber of bigs that have been bought out recently

The Clippers Have to get another big before this season is done, If they are sold on Zubac god bless.

But once playoff time roles around i don't think they're gonna want Harrell playing the majority of minutes vs Centers.
Truth be told, the Clippers have lost games because of player availability, defensive rotations and flat out being off shooting the ball....and turnovers

We haven't lost a game yet due to being bullied inside.

Will the Clippers make a move for a big? Idk
But what we have now hasn't been a big negative so far.

Gsw has won 3 rings in 5 without a heavy inside presence. Not comparing the 2 teams, but again...the Clippers will be ok.

Is Fox still our for the Kings? And if so, for how long?

Thanks in advance.

*Edit. I checked myself. He’s going to be out a few weeks.

Nash wasn't that type of player and I find it hilarious on here where Kobe freaking Bryant is somehow overrated despite an indisputable resume that suggesting Nash is overrated is where the line in the sand is drawn.

Probably because the Mamba cult members like you have gone on and on for years insisting he's top 5 all time and better than LeBron. Nobody thinks Nash is top 5 all time or even top 10.

Yeah this is what I was wondering...where are people ranking him that he could possibly be one of the most overrated players ever?

:lol:

Precisely why I have a pet peeve about the term/concept “overrated”.

People always throw it out there without actually thinking about what/how the subject is, in fact, rated.

Precisely why I have a pet peeve about the term/concept “overrated”.

People always throw it out there without actually thinking about what/how the subject is, in fact, rated.
Yup. Like without putting too much thought into it, I’d probably have him somewhere in the 25-35 range all-time. Is that considered too high? Feel like it’s proper for someone that is 3rd all-time in assists and spearheaded the #1 offense in the league for an entire decade on 2 different teams and with 4 different coaches.

Any article you want to use as fuel is ok with me.

Bottom line is, Lakers fans thumped their chest hard going into game 1. And were shook when they lost.

The other article is from July 24. Right after the Lakers lost out on kawhi and had to scramble to fill the roster.

Point is a lot of the media picked the Clippers like they was bout to go 70-12 and easily win the chip. It's ok y'all a super team. Best defense and duo since MJ and Pip. :Hat

And it look like the Lakers scrambled and filled out that roster pretty good.

tenor.gif

So, you’re going with an underdog narrative for the Lakers now? Interesting...

I ain't say nothing about the Lakers being a underdog. It's the Lakers, they're always held to high standard. It don't matter to me either way but dude was wrong about the Clippers not being hyped by the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom