THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't necessarily think his gambling was legal, no.

I'm speaking from a legal perspective.

Would be a slippery a** slope if I shoplifted and then the store owner went and killed my family and EYE was held responsible for the killing :lol:
I would think the death would be investigated and when it's found to be linked to illegal gambling there would be some type of fallout. But I'm not a law dog so I really wouldn't know.

I would think the death would be investigated and when it's found to be linked to illegal gambling there would be some type of fallout. But I'm not a law dog so I really wouldn't know.

Nah. You might be thinking of felony murder. This doesn't fit the bill. Unless like I said Mike was in on it to some degree. But that wouldn't make much sense on his end.

This was more of a leg breaking situation, but they went after his fam instead.

That's not to say the NBA wouldn't take it more seriously though. They have their own set of rules.

Yea I prefer watching it in intervals too whenever it airs :lol:

I can wait, gives something somewhat new that's sports related to look forward to each week

Nah. You might be thinking of felony murder. This doesn't fit the bill. Unless like I said Mike was in on it to some degree. But that wouldn't make much sense on his end.

That's not to say the NBA wouldn't take it more seriously though. They have their own set of rules.

“Hey Bookie, I know I owe you a lot of money, but I can’t pay it all right now. How about, as an alternative, you kill my Dad and I still owe you money?”

Makes sense.

In that case I think the best solution would be to act like it never happened and renew my league pass subscription.

“Hey Bookie, I know I owe you a lot of money, but I can’t pay it all right now. How about, as an alternative, you kill my Dad and I still owe you money?”

Makes sense.
Who are you quoting? When I said his gambling debt was paid with his father's life, you thought that meant his gambling debt wasn't paid with his father's life?

This isn't an OJ situation where you know HE did that ****. Punishing Mike for SOMEONE ELSE killing his father makes no sense. And even if you want to go "Well he should be punished for gambling", his parent is dead. That's the ultimate punishment. He's being punished right now because he can't pick up the phone and call his father like I can. What else do you want to happen to him?

This isn't an OJ situation where you know HE did that ****. Punishing Mike for SOMEONE ELSE killing his father makes no sense. And even if you want to go "Well he should be punished for gambling", his parent is dead. That's the ultimate punishment. He's being punished right now because he can't pick up the phone and call his father like I can. What else do you want to happen to him?
His father got killed because of illegal gambling. People want him protected from any further consequences of illegal gambling. I'm just speaking on how the law generally works for regular people. But I guess you're saying it shouldn't work that way for MJ and there should be no accountability for getting someone killed beyond that person being dead.

*Allegedly

His father got killed because of illegal gambling. People want him protected from any further consequences of illegal gambling. I'm just speaking on how the law generally works for regular people. But I guess you're saying it shouldn't work that way for MJ and there should be no accountability for getting someone killed beyond that person being dead.

*Allegedly

So....arrest and bring Mike on charges for illegal gambling? Even tho the crime in question, is a murder.....possibly not related to that?

Not following you here

Not speaking on any of the gambling or MJ’s father but by law if anyone gives a drug dealer a large amount of money and can’t account for how every cent was spent by the drug dealer.
The person who wrote the check would get conspiracy charges and get charged as a drug dealer also.

His father got killed because of illegal gambling. People want him protected from any further consequences of illegal gambling. I'm just speaking on how the law generally works for regular people. But I guess you're saying it shouldn't work that way for MJ.
If you want to make this a legal conversation then you're talking more out of your *** than you usually do. The law doesn't prosecute anyone for illegal gambling 30 years later.

So....arrest and bring Mike on charges for illegal gambling? Even tho the crime in question, is a murder.....possibly not related to that?

Not following you here
We're all speaking from the perspective of the allegations being true. Meaning his actions are directly responsible for his father's murder. His father's murder is street justice. Are there no legal implications behind any of his actions that led to his father's death? If not then I'm wrong.

If you want to make this a legal conversation then you're talking more out of your *** than you usually do. The law doesn't prosecute anyone for illegal gambling 30 years later.
Not strictly talking about 30 years later. Thought that was obvious. You got people who are cool with it being covered up at the time and want it to stay buried. Because of ratings or whatever.

No love for the Sonics though. :smh:
Sonics should be episode 8 I believe

Won't be a fun watch
beli.png

We're all speaking from the perspective of the allegations being true. Meaning his actions are directly responsible for his father's murder. His father's murder is street justice. Are there no legal implications behind any of his actions that led to his father's death? If not then I'm wrong.

Nope. Not from my knowledge. That’s almost like you in the streets, beefing with somebody in the streets...you gangbanging or something. And your family is sitting outside on the front porch with you on a nice evening....

And dudes come spraying on some anybody can get it time...and kill your fam. And you survive. Morally, the actions that you took may have led to that death of your family. But you most likely won’t be prosecuted for being a street cat, which involves a lot of illegal activity.

What is it that you think these "legal implications" should be?

That would be indirectly. If he was directly responsible, Mike would've physcially caused the death.

Nope. Not from my knowledge. That’s almost like you in the streets, beefing with somebody in the streets...you gangbanging or something. And your family is sitting outside on the front porch with you on a nice evening....

And dudes come spraying on some anybody can get it time...and kill your fam. And you survive. Morally, the actions that you took may have led to that death of your family. But you most likely won’t be prosecuted for being a street cat, which involves a lot of illegal activity.
The way I was looking at it was more like if a parent neglects a small child and it results in their death. I doubt a judge would sit up and be like, well the baby's dead and that's enough punishment.
What is it that you think these "legal implications" should be?

I'm asking if there are any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom