THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If any player is betting on the games that he plays in, I would want to know.

20 years later, 30 years, 50,

That's INSANE if true. Doesn't seem to be true but if it were, I'd want to know as a fan of the NBA asap.

Why would you want to know and what would you do based on this confirmation?

Why would you want to know and what would you do based on this confirmation?

You never wanted to know anything w/o a deeper motive than that?

FOR ME, as a basketball fan, knowing MJ was throwing games would be insane. It's a wild proposition. It's something EYE would want to know. Novelty.

FOR ME, as a basketball fan, knowing MJ was throwing games would be insane. It's a wild proposition. It's something EYE would want to know. Novelty.

Thank you for directly and honestly answering my question.

Lol. Yall keep making this about what I want to happen.

you keep asking us if the punishment was enough, asking if he MJ should be prosecuted, compared his father's murder to a parent neglecting a child resulting in the child's death, and when we ask "what do you think the consequence should be", you want to pull the "why are y'all making this about me" card?

Isn't it normal for people to face consequences for their actions? Why is that a hot take?

it's a hot take because you've implied MJ should somehow be held responsible for his father getting killed over MJ's alleged gambling debts. if you don't pay your car note on time and chase financial services kills your kin, should you be held responsible for the death of your kin because you didn't pay your car note? no, because that's stupid.

if you think that some public office should have investigated his gambling, that's fair. but know that there's financial and political reasons stuff like that wasn't going to happen. do you want to be the DA prosecuting Michael Jordan in the mid90s for gambling, shortly after his father was killed? Who's going to approve the expenditure to investigate that, and why?

This:
“Hey Bookie, I know I owe you a lot of money, but I can’t pay it all right now. How about, as an alternative, you kill my Dad and I still owe you money?”

Makes sense.
... didn't seem like a conversation on this:
we were talking about MJ actually being held criminally responsible for the death of his father.

I think the convo came from antidope antidope saying IF that was true, he would prefer it was silenced so it doesn't give the NBA a blackeye.

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE essentially said that was a wild reason to hide the truth.

Then the Legal Battle was created.

it's a hot take because you've implied MJ should somehow be held responsible for his father getting killed over MJ's alleged gambling debts. if you don't pay your car note on time and chase financial services kills your kin, should you be held responsible for the death of your kin because you didn't pay your car note? no, because that's stupid.

Illegal gambling=taking out a car loan

if you think that some public office should have investigated his gambling, that's fair. but know that there's financial and political reasons stuff like that wasn't going to happen.

Right. And some of y'all are cosigning these financial and political motives. It's cool.

I think the convo came from antidope antidope saying IF that was true, he would prefer it was silenced so it doesn't give the NBA a blackeye.

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE essentially said that was a wild reason to hide the truth.

Then the Legal Battle was created.

I FULLY believe Jordan was gambling on games that he played in. Based on what I've read. Regardless, if it really did happen, I can't imagine not wanting to know lol IT'S MICHAEL FRIGGIN JORDAN GAMBLING ON GAMES thats crazy haha

Also Bill Simmons telling a story of Stern reprimanding Allen Iverson and saying he'd suspend AI the same way he did Jordan which made me side eye some **** lol.

I’d want to know if he was gambling on his own games. If he was then it wouldn’t change much of my opinion on him

Unless it was the Orlando series, If he threw any games then they were insignificant relatively speaking

Illegal gambling=taking out a car loan

Right. And some of y'all are cosigning these financial and political motives. It's cool.

Do you think MJ should be held somewhat responsible for his father's murder? If so, why? What basis do you have to believe that would be logical?

His father's death aside, what punishment did you want to see for MJ's gambling back then or even now, and why?

I’d want to know if he was gambling on his own games. If he was then it wouldn’t change much of my opinion on him

Unless it was the Orlando series, If he threw any games then they were insignificant relatively speaking

Agreed. My opinion on him wouldn’t change at all. I’m past making basketball players more than what they are with these moral compasses. He’s still an incredible hooper 6 rings 3peat all that.

But it would be fascinating to know that the greatest athlete in sports history was throwing games he participated in. That’s incredible

Agreed. My opinion on him wouldn’t change at all. I’m past making basketball players more than what they are with these moral compasses. He’s still an incredible hooper 6 rings 3peat all that.

But it would be fascinating to know that the greatest athlete in sports history was throwing games he participated in. That’s incredible
If he didn’t win 3 in a row before he took a break and also after he came back then it would make it a completely different narrative

I guess the Orlando series is the only thing in question

Do you think MJ should be held somewhat responsible for his father's murder? If so, why? What basis do you have to believe that would be logical?

His father's death aside, what punishment did you want to see for MJ's gambling back then or even now, and why?
Wasn't it his debts that led to his dad's murder? Seems straight forward. I would think he would feel some responsibility on his own conscience if that's the case. And if illegal gambling is illegal I'd think there'd be some type of recourse for that independent of the murder. But if there's no legal ramifications for any of his actions and his employer and fans don't care then why should I give AF?

To be clear here, do you mean losing intentionally?

I ask because what if it was things like "I'm gonna get 50 tonight" or "We're going to cover, believe that" ? Would you still be upset that he was betting on himself or his team to excel?

To be clear here, do you mean losing intentionally?

I ask because what if it was things like "I'm gonna get 50 tonight" or "We're going to cover, believe that" ? Would you still be upset that he was betting on himself or his team to excel?

Upset? I never said I would be upset at any of this :lol:

And regardless, I’d like to know if it was happening just because I’m a fan of the nba and what comes with it and that certainly would qualify as coming with it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom