THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem hurt dawg. Let the pain go :lol:
That’s your response? Thanks for proving my point.
Bottom line don’t disrespect me by calling me stupid (or any variation of it like “dense”), or imply that I’m simple-minded and value basketball more than the fair treatment of my people.

darthska darthska DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican i'm confused, what's funny about this?
I'm with whatever they think is best in the long term.
Again i'm with whatever they think is best long term for the movement. Def a distraction, but we're (black players) gonna be the ones sacrificing again, cutting into the small bit of wealth we have in the black community. Can the oppressors sacrifice some **** and suffer for once? If they call it off let's make sure we're putting the foot through their neck, not some kumbaya ****, don't fall for the okie doke again.

That’s your response? Thanks for proving my point.
Bottom line don’t disrespect me by calling me stupid (or any variation of it like “dense”), or imply that I’m simple-minded and value basketball more than the fair treatment of my people.

You projecting :lol:. I didn’t say that. But go off. You never said what your “agenda” was, that you’re admittedly transparent on, and why you don’t like Kyrie, and continue to question his motives.

What’s your issue with Kyrie? You seem to feel a way about him, for what reason? And the comparison with you and leavemeglazzies leavemeglazzies
Have you turning up lol.

They’re looking actuate tho :nerd:

You projecting :lol:. I didn’t say that. But go off. You never said what your “agenda” was, that you’re admittedly transparent on, and why you don’t like Kyrie, and continue to question his motives.

What’s your issue with Kyrie? You seem to feel a way about him, for what reason? And the comparison with you and leavemeglazzies leavemeglazzies
Have you turning up lol.

They’re looking actuate tho :nerd:
Have a blessed day brother.

I have quotes being called dense and having a “small nba view”. Idk how I’m projecting lol
To act like thats not a clear implication is some Karen s***. Say it with ya chest lil bruh.
Nobody gonna disrespect me like that period.
And I don’t like Kyrie because he is a weirdo, like I said before.
Lets really call s*** like we see it, not group think d-riding.

Last edited:
And to make a clear implication like that and try to “well I didn’t SAY that” your way out of it is also disrespectful to my intelligence. Foh dude.

Wait, so he's going to see motor-sports entertainment in this time of turmoil?
I guess had the NBA been a Confederate flag-waving redneck club up until now, it would've been a socially positive act to watch them on July 31st. But because they weren't, you are distracting from the issue if you want them to resume.

Last edited:
“Kyrie a weirdo”
“Kyrie is just the wrong messenger”
“Kyrie is speaking selfishly”

Kyrie is a NBAPA Vice President elected by his peers just 4 MONTHS ago :lol:

The man is the ELECTED voice and face, for a concern a NUMBER of players have.

Just say y’all mad at him for being the leader that will potentially delay/cancel the season (or Bron’s potential 4th ring)

I have quotes being called dense and having a “small nba view”. Idk how I’m projecting lol
To act like thats not a clear implication is some Karen s***. Say it with ya chest lil bruh.
Nobody gonna disrespect me like that period.
And I don’t like Kyrie because he is a weirdo, like I said before.
Lets really call s*** like we see it, not group think d-riding.
Passive aggressive mofos type to be real quiet in person.

“Kyrie a weirdo”
“Kyrie is just the wrong messenger”
“Kyrie is speaking selfishly”

Kyrie is a NBAPA Vice President elected by his peers just 4 MONTHS ago :lol:

The man is the ELECTED voice and face, for a concern a NUMBER of players have.

Just say y’all mad at him for being the leader that will potentially delay/cancel the season (or Bron’s potential 4th ring)

Just say y’all supporting him for being the flat-earther that will potentially delay/cancel the season (or Bron’s potential 4th ring)

My stance on this is that they already missed a chunk of games and now got gimmicks to finish out the season...If they planning on playing during the time when the 2020 season starting anyway, why not plan for a fresh season instead of this bubble tourney ? The 2019 is a wash move on

I swear this should be stickied to the top of this thread right now. This sideshow they're trying to pull off is a CLEAR move centered around business interests and nothing more.

Can they "protest" while playing...SURE!!! But that's not the reason why they've spent the past 4 months planning this bull**** for. Is not playing going to end white supremacy? NO!!! But that's not why there are players who are hesitant in playing. There's a MIX of ethical AND logistical concerns at play.

They just spent an ENTIRE offseason and some at home in what's being sold as a "pause" in the season. L's have already been handed out across the board. The most rational thing to for everyone is to cut losses and figure out how to start the next season (if even possible). Not try to squeeze a weird *** summer league out of these bammas and then ask em to turn right around and start a "new" season in 2 months.

If people are THAT thirsty for sports....enjoy the replacement players and be good with it. Just call this what it is: a play to salvage the bag as much as possible. There's no added bonus of "spreading awareness" while doing so.

The fact that there are so many people buying this idea of them playing being some sort of platform to protest is nasty. Dragging in player narratives into the mix is even nastier :sick::sick::sick:.

Incredible how the peanut gallery fell for the "Kyrie Ture is spreading propaganda and trying to ruin the fun" media rollout too. This **** is wicked :lol::smh:

Kyrie Irving, reportedly: ‘There’s only 20 guys actually getting paid,’ system designed to divide us

Kyrie Irving led a video call of NBA players to discuss reservations about resuming the season. The Nets star said he didn’t support continuing at Disney World.

Jeff Goodman:

Really, it sounds like Irving has it backward (though we’re not necessarily getting a fair context of the quote). The system is designed to unite players. Max salaries limit the wages of superstars like Irving. Without the max, the disparity between superstars and common players would be even larger. In basketball, top players have such a disproportionate impact in winning and marketing. Yet, the league’s structure caps their wages below what they’d get on a more-open market.

The 40th-highest-paid player earns $26 million (Spurs big LaMarcus Aldridge). The 80th-highest-paid player earns nearly $15 million (Hawks center Clint Capela). The 160th-highest-paid players earn $7 million (Wizards forward Davis Bertans and Bucks forward Ersan Ilyasova).

Even a player on the rookie minimum earns $898,310 for the season.

That’s so much money!

I’m glad Irving acknowledged he’s coming from a different perspective than many of his fellow players. Irving earned nearly $100 million with the Cavaliers and Celtics, and that was before signing a max contract with the Nets last summer. Irving’s salary this season: Nearly $32 million, which ranks 18th in the league.

But he shouldn’t lose sight that all NBA players are making a lot of money by any reasonable standard. Even considering salary reductions due to the NBA’s reduced revenue, NBA players stand to earn a lot of money by continuing the season. NBA careers are short, and this is an opportunity to cash in.

Racial justice is important, and I don’t doubt Irving’s sincerity in pursuing it. He also should acknowledge how playing can increase black wealth – especially for players who, unlike him, haven’t already gotten rich.

Kyrie Irving, reportedly: ‘There’s only 20 guys actually getting paid,’ system designed to divide us originally appeared on NBCSports.com

People criticized NFL players for not taking a stance for racial injustice for YEARS.

...and here is the NBA, who is allegedly light years ahead in that regard, and now players are “selfish” for wanting to take a stance in a shorted season?

Make it make sense.

"Bron stan" pointing out if they're refusing to play because of systematic racism, then that means they might as well cancel the NBA forever.
All the known LeBron haters be like "Hold up, let's not go crazy here. We just need this season and this season alone to be canceled."

"Bron stan" pointing out if they're refusing to play because of systematic racism, then that means they might as well cancel the NBA forever.
All the known LeBron haters be like "Hold up, let's not go crazy here. We just need this season and this season alone to be canceled."
The Montgomery Bus Boycott lasted a little over a year, but it was the first dent rolling back segregation.

Who knows, canceling this season many do the same for today’s problem.

All I know is both will F Up white dollars of major people, and when that happens, MYSTERIOUSLY **** start moving.

If you’re gonna point out that I’m a Bron fan at any given time (even when it’s irrelevant like now) then also acknowledge that you don’t like him.
I swear y’all not as “real” as y’all think y’all are :lol: Sad cus most of y’all grown men.

I swear this should be stickied to the top of this thread right now. This sideshow they're trying to pull off is a CLEAR move centered around business interests and nothing more.

Can they "protest" while playing...SURE!!! But that's not the reason why they've spent the past 4 months planning this bull**** for. Is not playing going to end white supremacy? NO!!! But that's not why there are players who are hesitant in playing. There's a MIX of ethical AND logistical concerns at play.

They just spent an ENTIRE offseason and some at home in what's being sold as a "pause" in the season. L's have already been handed out across the board. The most rational thing to for everyone is to cut losses and figure out how to start the next season (if even possible). Not try to squeeze a weird *** summer league out of these bammas and then ask em to turn right around and start a "new" season in 2 months.

If people are THAT thirsty for sports....enjoy the replacement players and be good with it. Just call this what it is: a play to salvage the bag as much as possible. There's no added bonus of "spreading awareness" while doing so.

The fact that there are so many people buying this idea of them playing being some sort of platform to protest is nasty. Dragging in player narratives into the mix is even nastier :sick::sick::sick:.

Incredible how the peanut gallery fell for the "Kyrie Ture is spreading propaganda and trying to ruin the fun" media rollout too. This **** is wicked :lol::smh:
Holy ****, NBA Thread post of the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom