THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If my role player is shooting low 30's% from the floor and has barely took that shot the majority of his time playing ball, i would much rather him get to a range where he can shoot significantly higher of a percentage rather than the 3

If your role player is shooting low 30s from the field he shouldn’t be playing. If he’s choking off the floor because he can’t shoot, he shouldn’t be playing. Guys are too long and athletic for multiple guys to be standing inside the perimeter

The ability to create your own shot or create for
others will always separate the elite from the role players. Feel like that’s never gonna change.

Sure it's better if you're able to hit it. But there's plenty of players chucking 3s that don't have the proficiency to be doing so. And since defenses are rarely even defending that area of the floor anymore due to the prevalence and volume of 3s being taken league wide. Taking a closer shot shouldn't be shunned upon.

If you have a wide open 3 and you step in to take a long midrange shot, that's bad basketball. Attack the rim if the 3 isn't your forte and if you can't get to the rim then pass when the defense collapses on you. Someone who can shoot the 3 will be open. That's basically Westbrook's entire game plan when he's not being a bonehead. Bron ball works in the same way as well.

Leading absentee in the Phillipine’s senate
Supported the imprisonment of 9 year olds
Agreed with the sentiment that drug users should be executed
Hates gay people

Don’t utter name with Ali’s, just because he’s had his checks cut in different locations doesn’t make him the biggest global icon since him either. He wasn’t even the most popular boxer of his era, let alone athlete.
Thanks for your opinion. The 40 year old man still beating up 29 year old champions in their prime tho.

And do you know for sure on God that he "hates gay people?" Lmao at your ignorance.

On the real tho, enough of your nonsense.

Now you wanna place a bet on your sorry *** Clippers or you straight??

Lmao.

Let's talk in June.

$250 says the Lakers and ALL THAT SIZE gonna beat your Clips in a 7-game series should they meet in the playoffs. You down to find out who got the better "basketball take?"

#readytobookmarkthis****
I'll put $150 on the Clips beating the Lakers in any series...Bet is only valid as long as Bron, Khawi, AD, and PG all start game 1...Deal ?

That answers my question. You ain't lived out the country so you wouldn't understand.

Now answer me this....why has your trash franchise only win one chip in the last 33 years?

You don't have a clue where I have or haven't lived, just like you don't seem to have much of a clue about anything. You're deflecting by bringing up the Celtics because you're getting laughed at by everyone in here for forcing this inane Pacquiao/Ali comparison when there's no comparison to be made. The bottom line is Manny can't hold a candle to Ali either in or out of the ring. I'm sorry to say that about your idol, but it is what it is. Go cry on Manny's couch.

Basketball needs the midrange. FT like extended pull-ups, elbow jumpers, etc are a part of the game. Worst shot in basketball is anything within 1 foot of the 3pt line though. People need to stop taking those all together.

All the best players still shoot the mid range. It’s one of the misnomers in basketball that teams are passing up quality mid range shots for 3s. They’re just not taking long, contested 2s....and taking 3s or layups instead.

There’s a lot of miseducation about “analytics” out there. There’s a disconnect and resentment that’s multi layered and comes from a lot of different angles.

the warriors have everyone thinking that it is impossible to play winning basketball if you don't have an entire team spreading the floor.

this is a league of trends

And to piggyback on the Rockets/analytics thing-

If Harden HIMSELF would just decide to stop settling so much and attack and utilize his floater more often, folks in here would probably have a much different perception on analytics.

#INFLUENCE :lol:

I’ve never met any person in the NCAA or NBA world shun the midrange jumper. College coaches, players, player development people,

I’ve been around quite a few of these people and it never comes up this way.

Ireally feel like the midrange is dead and anti midrange argument is a made up argument that’s now become the umbrella for rebellion against analytics.

No one says to avoid the midrange jumper. If your guard or wing can’t come off the PnR and hit the open middy then your team is cooked anyway. But if you’re coming off the PnR and you’re dribbling into contested 2’s over like Jaylen Brown or Andre Roberson then that is indeed a dumb shot.

the reality is that the floor is very compact inside the 3 point line. Scoring in basketball is HARD. Scoring from the middy is HARD. Relying on or taking contested long 2’s is just dumb. Having it in your arsenal is smart.

if you aren’t cp3, CJ, kD, then you probably shouldnt Be reliant on the middy, it’s too hard of a shot to hit efficiently. That’s not analytics

8.jpg

DAIZ TIP TIP OFF

Can't wait for the eye rolls, bad body language etc, when Russ has gotten tired of moving without the ball (which he claims he is fine with as of now) and Harden has looked him off several times to shoot that one legged jumper. Or dribble up 22 seconds of the shot clock and then pass it to Russ to get a shot up.

All the best players still shoot the mid range. It’s one of the misnomers in basketball that teams are passing up quality mid range shots for 3s. They’re just not taking long, contested 2s....and taking 3s or layups instead.

There’s a lot of miseducation about “analytics” out there. There’s a disconnect and resentment that’s multi layered and comes from a lot of different angles.
Kawhi Leonard just ran through the playoffs by being an elite mid range guy. It's far from dead.

Thanks for your opinion. The 40 year old man still beating up 29 year old champions in their prime tho.

And do you know for sure on God that he "hates gay people?" Lmao at your ignorance.

On the real tho, enough of your nonsense.

Now you wanna place a bet on your sorry *** Clippers or you straight??

“They’re worse than animals” is love speech, you’re so right.
You also conveniently glossed over the other stuff, as well as frink85 frink85 ’s entire post.
He also caught an L from the real biggest boxer of his time.
I’m a Lakers fan, so no I don’t want to bet on the Clippers.
If you want to continue to embarrass yourself on here be my guest, but you obviously are living in a bubble which is ironic considering what you’re trying to attack everyone on here for.
People that live that “everyone is wrong and I am right” mentality are the ****ing worst :lol:

Y’all sitting here arguing with nerds about the middy when nerds arent even against it.

truthfully,the non numbers people are using the midrange talking point to fight back against the analytics people (white) who are in their eyes taking jobs away from retired hoopers.(Black)

You don't have a clue where I have or haven't lived, just like you don't seem to have much of a clue about anything. You're deflecting by bringing up the Celtics because you're getting laughed at by everyone in here for forcing this inane Pacquiao/Ali comparison when there's no comparison to be made. The bottom line is Manny can't hold a candle to Ali either in or out of the ring. I'm sorry to say that about your idol, but it is what it is. Go cry on Manny's couch.
If that's the best you can come up with.....lol

So are you saying Max Kellerman and countless other boxing experts and historians have invalid opinions when they say you can compare Manny's achievements as an athlete inside and outside the ring to Ali's?

Remember what Ali and Ali's daughter said about Manny before the greatest passed? Doubt that you do.

End of convo.

Sucks that Boston cant even stay competitive in a lackluster conference.

Harden literally had nobody around him at the mid range at various times last year and ran back outside the 3 point line to shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom