THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA SEASON THREAD: CLIPPERS FLYOUT REGGIE JACKSON AFTER BREAKUP WITH PISTONS

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Joined Sep 14, 2000
If we didn't retire Kareems number
and we didn't retire Wilts number
and we didn't retire Russels number,
and we didn't retire Jordan's number....
3 of 4 of those people are still alive and Wilt didn’t die as a 41 year old father of four. People who have made a tremendous impact and die prematurely get remembered in special ways. I can guarantee you that none of MJ, Kareem, Russ will have any problem whatsoever with the league-wide retirement of number 24.

Joined Jul 22, 2012
This sucks so much. Wife told me the news this morning and I’ve been in a mood all day.
I disliked him so much because he was so great and always destroyed the Warriors when they played.
He’s definitely my favorite player of all-time.

Feel so bad for his wife and kids.

Joined Aug 2, 2006
None of these guys died tragically at 41 years old. It's not always about logic and reasoning. Sports is about emotion and how **** makes people feel.
wilt died tragically at 61, it was tragic at the time. obviously Kobe's is worse.

i dunno i just feel like lets just chill for a minute and let the shock pass before we decide that peoples jersey's should be retired league wide.

Joined Jun 15, 2013
If we didn't retire Kareems number
and we didn't retire Wilts number
and we didn't retire Russels number,
and we didn't retire Jordan's number....
I dont think you know his impact, globally.

Like MJ transcended basketball in the US, Kobe did it worldwide.

At least that's how I personally remember it.

And it was not just basketball .... these dudes now have more influence over kids lives than ever.

Joined Aug 2, 2006
3 of 4 of those people are still alive and Wilt didn’t die as a 41 year old father of four. People who have made a tremendous impact and die prematurely get remembered in special ways. I can guarantee you that none of MJ, Kareem, Russ will have any problem whatsoever with the league-wide retirement of number 24.
I mean I personally think retiring anyone jersey league wide is crazy.,

We remember Kobe through the accomplishments, the highlights, the memories,

when you retire someones jersey league wide it forces unsavory comparisons you gotta make if anyone else passes tragically.

Joined Dec 14, 2004
Kobe is my guy but retiring his number around the league is dumb. **** he won more in 8. I’ve been crying all day and I can’t believe he’s gone but retiring his number around the league or playing 81 games a season is people being caught up in the moment.

Joined Jan 20, 2006
I'm heartbroken. I grew up a huge Kobe fan, even being from Ohio I was on Kobe's side in all of the Kobe vs. LeBron debates as a youngin'. Dude was bigger than basketball. We joke about Mamba Mentality a lot in here, but the dude brought a level of dedication to his craft that wowed his peers daily.

**** just makes me realize how fragile life was. His off the court transition was even more amazing to watch, and he was bringing that same mentality to his projects now. Could be here today and gone tomorrow. Definitely one of those tragedies that puts everything in perspective. Do what you love while you can and give your all to it.

Joined Sep 1, 2008
I seen people say, put the games to 81, have Lebron team where 24 and Giannis 8, a patch here and there on jerseys... and as you said, that is too much.

But I think retiring at least one jersey is good. Dude affected so many people. His reach was powerful.

Joined Sep 14, 2000
I mean I personally think retiring anyone jersey league wide is crazy.,

We remember Kobe through the accomplishments, the highlights, the memories,

when you retire someones jersey league wide it forces unsavory comparisons you gotta make if anyone else passes tragically.
It’s never happened before, so the remote possibility it might happen again does not seem to me like something that should factor into the analysis here.

Joined Jun 24, 2013
wilt died tragically at 61, it was tragic at the time. obviously Kobe's is worse.

i dunno i just feel like lets just chill for a minute and let the shock pass before we decide that peoples jersey's should be retired league wide.
It probably won’t happen league wide as teams may already have 8/24 retired for their clubs. But I have no issue with a team doing it. If the Sixers came out and retired 8 I wouldn’t have an issue at all

Joined Aug 2, 2006
I dont think you know his impact, globally.

Like MJ transcended basketball in the US, Kobe did it worldwide.

At least that's how I personally remember it.
nah man Michael Jordan transcended basketball world wide man, you're remembering it wrong.

In Nigeria everyone knows who MJ is, Kobe is more the younger generation.

Joined May 1, 2011
I hope this doesn't cause Lebron to evaluate things and perhaps retire earlier than he may have because he'd like to enjoy watching all of his kids games.

Joined Jan 20, 2006

Kobe didn't even make it to his HoF speech dog. I don't even know why this is the battle you wanna fight right now. The NBA is also MUCH bigger than it was when Wilt died. Kobe reached hundreds of millions of more people.

Joined Aug 10, 2003
im still sad man... cant get over this day really... its all i can think about... like really kobe just passed and hes gone forever... i dont want to accept it and mad that it really happen and still asking why him

Top Bottom