THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20190830-010949.png

Of course Kobe was never perfect but what he said about Shaq was true. He was my favorite player/Laker when he was traded here but he definitely had his moments. One that sticks out the most was his “I got hurt on company time, so I’ll heal on company time” line you knew how serious he was turned on and off.

Even with Shaq being lazy they won 3 rings and shouldve beat the Pistons. Main problem was Kobe's desire to be the #1 guy, not Shaq's laziness. Kobe conveniently left this point out.

Here yas go.. more simmons shooting to go with the title

Them handles though, looks like they got quicker.

Hes gonna be on one this season

This is a kid who's one of the top sophs in the country. Plays @ Sierra Canyon. Am I wilding or this kinda weird :lol: Like na moms you gotta relax

man back in my day young boy wouldve never heard the end of it with the smashing mom jokes. everyday would been "where your moms at playboy?"

kid might really make it to the league and the team vet has ran through his moms.

In regards to the Kobe/Shaq dynamic, you have two guys who are probably top-3 all-time for the positions they played. However, they couldn’t be any more different in regards to how they prepared for the game. Kobe’s work-ethic bordered on maniacal. Shaq, on the other hand, used the regular season to get into shape. I can see why Kobe got annoyed with Shaq and I can also see why Shaq got annoyed with Kobe.

It’s like having two people take the SATs. One guy takes the prep classes and studies really hard to get a 1500 (1600 scale when I was in school.). On the flip, you have the other guy who does no prep, rolls in on the day of the test, wings it, and gets that same 1500 score. For as much as guy 1 prepared, that would probably grind his gears. Only difference is that the two guys taking the SATs don’t need each other the way Kobe and Shaq did.

I’ve ALWAYS believed that if Shaq took things a little more seriously, the Lakers would have won more than 3 titles when he was with Kobe. It’s no knock on Shaq because watching his dominance was amazing. However, no matter what Kobe says, there will ALWAYS be resentment on his part. That relationship will forever be fractured.

In regards to the Kobe/Shaq dynamic, you have two guys who are probably top-3 all-time for the positions they played. However, they couldn’t be any more different in regards to how they prepared for the game. Kobe’s work-ethic bordered on maniacal. Shaq, on the other hand, used the regular season to get into shape. I can see why Kobe got annoyed with Shaq and I can also see why Shaq got annoyed with Kobe.

It’s like having two people take the SATs. One guy takes the prep classes and studies really hard to get a 1500 (1600 scale when I was in school.). On the flip, you have the other guy who does no prep, rolls in on the day of the test, wings it, and gets that same 1500 score. For as much as guy 1 prepared, that would probably grind his gears. Only difference is that the two guys taking the SATs don’t need each other the way Kobe and Shaq did.

I’ve ALWAYS believed that if Shaq took things a little more seriously, the Lakers would have won more than 3 titles when he was with Kobe. It’s no knock on Shaq because watching his dominance was amazing. However, no matter what Kobe says, there will ALWAYS be resentment on his part. That relationship will forever be fractured.

How many chips do you think they would have won?

How many dynasties have won more than 3 chips during their reign?

Kobe wasn’t a starter until ‘99, Spurs clearly the best team that year anyway. Duncan missed the playoffs the next year, they won it all, then won the next 2.

Spurs caught them after that, 3rd leading scorer was Fish at 10 ppg. Detroit caught them after that, Fish again was the 3rd leading scorer at SIX ppg :lol:

Then Shaq left but even if he stayed, players 3-12 on that team got worse and worse every year, and you can’t win rings with only 2 guys. They had no money to properly reload either because Kobe & Shaq took up the vast majority of the cap.

Detroit made it back to the finals the next year and would’ve knocked them out again

How many chips do you think they would have won?

How many dynasties have won more than 3 chips during their reign?

If you’re referring to chips in a row, then 3 is the max. If they don’t have to be consecutive, then I’d point to the Bulls 6 with MJ.

If you’re referring to chips in a row, then 3 is the max. If they don’t have to be consecutive, then I’d point to the Bulls 6 with MJ.

Nah definitely consecutive. I think there’s a real reason why we’ve never seen anyone win four chips in a row.

Most teams after the 3rd chip are washed and capped out. Building championship teams are expensive, and in a cap driven sport like the NBA,it’s damn near impossible to build a championship team that wins more than that, as star players just take up so much of the cap and you can only go so far with draft picks in the 20’s and vet minimum signings

Nah definitely consecutive. I think there’s a real reason why we’ve never seen anyone win four chips in a row.

Most teams after the 3rd chip are washed and capped out. Building championship teams are expensive, and in a cap driven sport like the NBA,it’s damn near impossible to build a championship team that wins more than that, as star players just take up so much of the cap and you can only go so far with draft picks in the 20’s and vet minimum signings

Agreed. I think it was pmatic pmatic who said the other day the best case scenario for the Lakers if the
Shaq-Kobe pairing lasted long was probably one more ring for the same reasons you’ve identified. I agree with that.

Those shots looks like he's going to get locked down come NBA season.

Why the **** do you dudes not realize that nobody guards him on his jumpers in the NBA.....

He’s making all these tough shots in the face of NBA players in these pickup games, not some randoms from the rec center. All of y’all are the type to say the NBA is too soft and nobody plays any defense but when footage comes out of Simmons making jumpers y’all act like Ben is gonna have prime Ron Artest guarding him every night this season full court pressing him.

Kobe wasn’t a starter until ‘99, Spurs clearly the best team that year anyway. Duncan missed the playoffs the next year, they won it all, then won the next 2.

Forgot about that. Tim got hurt the final week of the season :smh:. Then the spurs lost to the 2000 Suns with Blonde J Kidd, Penny, Cliff Rob & Marion.

That woulda been an interesting 2nd round series with LA.

Looking at the US roster again it boggles my mind how light the talent is. Heck, the Australian team has more finals and championship experience than these guys.

Looking at the US roster again it boggles my mind how light the talent is. Heck, the Australian team has more finals and championship experience than these guys.

I think there are a lot of factors unique to this Summer and FIBA tournament that went into it. I’m predicting we’ll have a much more stacked team 2020 Olympics.

Lol

He was strong and talented. He was also lazy af and showed up every season crazy out of shape. Both can be true. Why Shaq acting brand new?

Always felt when Shaq said he put on weight when he went to LA because he was tired of the hard fouls, that was the start of his laziness and more of a excuse for him not to work out. Can't blame Kobe for getting upset when he is going hard all summer and Shaq is saying i'll be ready by March, or saying I got hurt on company time, i'll rehab on company time. If it still is an issue for Kobe & Shaq, they should work out together and get ready for the Big 3 next summer. And add Melo to the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom