THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They need PG more for his defensive prowess which was supposed to be their calling card but so far has been middle of the pack.
It's going to be very hard to double klaw and not have to consistently pay for it. PG will also they some of the best shots of his career and slash folks to death...in addition to defensive player of the year quality defense...imo

They've only played 10 games lol. They're 14th in defensive rating and that's with a team that mostly was familiar with each other. Of course it's going to improve with the addition of PG.
But you were talking about the Lakers defense being Number one once upon a time. It's all small sample size. Unless we're going to sit here and say nothing until every team plays 25 games idk what to tell you.

Back when the Clippers were 29th I posted in here saying that I liked the process and what they were doing on defense even if it wasn't bearing fruit. Now it is.

Like....we ALL know Jarrett Allen is a better basketball player than DJ. But DJ is part of the in crowd with Kyrie & KD...so it’s interesting to see how this will play out going forward.

Kenny already made the bold move straight up starting Allen....but I wonder how DJ takes it when it becomes clear he’s not part of the winning equation.

When I went to the Nets/Pelicans game, DJ was on the bench whining to KD for 15 minutes straight too.

It's going to be very hard to double klaw and not have to consistently pay for it. PG will also they some of the best shots of his career and slash folks to death...in addition to defensive player of the year quality defense...imo

They've all ready been very good on offense. 5th in offensive rating right now.

But you were talking about the Lakers defense being Number one once upon a time. It's all small sample size. Unless we're going to sit here and say nothing until every team plays 25 games idk what to tell you.

Back when the Clippers were 29th I posted in here saying that I liked the process and what they were doing on defense even if it wasn't bearing fruit. Now it is.

Lakers are still 2nd in defensive rating barely behind Utah. They've been consistent on that end.

But it's only nine games. You can't call small sample size for one thing and then ignore it for another thing.

I didn't call the sample size small. Everybody expects the Clippers to be an elite defensive team. I simply stated for right now they're already really good offensively and PG will help their improvement defensively more than their offense.

I really don't know the answer to this, but wouldn't teams ather get their back to backs out early in the season where players are relatively fresh?

That’s why I wanna look it up: ifevery team gets 13 then hell yea, I’d rather have most of them early. If we have 13 and other teams have 9 or 10 then Silver should fine himself for being this stupid.

With PG coming byke Thursday, I assume Kawhi sits out tomorrow’s game? ESPN finna lose their mind

Lakers player development as well as the parade of bad coaches wasn't conducive to getting the most out of the talent they had. The spotlight and pressure of LA also ain't for everybody which many of those #2 picks we had have alluded to.

Is there an easy way to see how many back-to-backs each team has played/will play this season?

we’re about to have our 3rd. Is that about the league average for now?

predatorgif.gif

With PG coming byke Thursday, I assume Kawhi sits out tomorrow’s game? ESPN finna lose their mind

It is Wednesday, which happens to be the day of the week that the two games he already sat were on...

#NoWorkWednesday may be the next Kawhi-related NB t-shirt...

Lakers player development as well as the parade of bad coaches wasn't conducive to getting the most out of the talent they had. The spotlight and pressure of LA also ain't for everybody which many of those #2 picks we had have alluded to.

while the coaching hasn't been the best player development has been just fine... The leaps we've seen these players make once they've been dealt have just been a culmination of more minutes & natural development for a young player.

We've traded all our guys either in they're second or third seasons, but D'Lo, Randle & BI all showed the same skillsets they have now, except that in typical young player manner they wouldn't put it together consistently. If there's been one portion of this front office that has been steallar it's been the scouting & developing team.

they just haven't had the ability to see it all the way through due to the teams sped up time clock

while the coaching hasn't been the best player development has been just fine... The leaps we've seen these players make once they've been dealt have just been a culmination of more minutes & natural development for a young player.

We've traded all our guys either in they're second or third seasons, but D'Lo, Randle & BI all showed the same skillsets they have now, except that in typical young player manner they wouldn't put it together consistently. If there's been one portion of this front office that has been steallar it's been the scouting & developing team.

they just haven't had the ability to see it all the way through due to the teams sped up time clock

Nah. Scouting team has been tremendous identifying the talent. We have never really had the infrastructure as an organization to get the most out of those guys early on. Mostly because we've never really had to because we never went through a rebuild.

Just looked at the 2018 roster:
Clarkson
Nance Jr.
Thomas Bryant
Zubac
Caruso
Hart
Zo
Randle
Kuz
BI

All making contributions at varying levels. We had ALL of them on the roster.

Last edited:

Yea hes sat out the front end of 2 b2bs. Think it’s safe to assume he’s sitting out that Wednesday.

PG probably sitting out Thursday.

to me when I watch KP forget the makes and misses, his game is incredibly unreliable. He’s like what people claimed dirk played like, back in 07.
Don’t like how he is being used right now. He’s chasing smaller guys around the floor on defense and he should be posting people up until his game comes back to him on offense. Just getting him frustrated and sapping his confidence.

said it before, but i'll say it again and add a detail...

the ECF will have boston and/or toronto and either philly and/or MIL wont be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom