THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't realize Rubio got MVP for the World Cup too.

20/7/3 in the Final against Argentina and 19/7/12/4 against Australia in the Semis.

It won't matter. Eastern conference and a ton of buckets. The "hosting star player" narrative.

Because Booker is still more of a scorer and Rubio is just as good of a playmaker. Having Rubio there is going to make things easier for Booker and will make him harder to defend.

Booker's style of play is better suited when he's not playing the role of the point guard, plain and simple, regardless of his abilities as a playmaker.

lol i wasn't being serious

lmao 50 year old jamal crawford about to get signed before melo :rofl::rofl::rofl:

pics of said wife? :nerd:

49102DC6-12CC-4D2A-B510-415FA02D010D.jpeg

That’s my thumb in there...

Nah man Rubio ain’t it. Been not it. Been saying it for years. He’s a third tier PG. sato is giving you the same production and he can actually make 3s and layups for $20Ms cheaper.

Suns going to sun though

I flabbergasted at this Rubio talk.

Lord knows if Trae Young has the same career as Rubio 10 years from now...nobody would be saying he’s not a bust.

Ironically...it’s Ricky who’s the “game manager”.

Per Marc stein and CNBC

“Draymond Green of the Golden State Warriors told CNBC earlier this week that he intended to make himself available for the 2020 Olympics in Japan. Stephen Curry, Green’s Golden State teammate, is also expected to volunteer his services, since Curry has yet to play in an Olympics.”

“The schedule this year was a little treacherous with the games that was in America, and also the travel to Australia, which is why I think a lot of guys dropped out. You know, a long ways to China. It was just a lot, and it also leads right into the season. Those guys will be coming back in the next couple days and we’ll be two weeks away from training camp.”

Rubio’s acl changed his career arc

Completely forgot about that. Rubio was injured for like two offseasons early in his career that he should’ve spent working on his jumper.

Rubio’s career is a better trajectory for Ben Simmons

I’m going to disagree with Darko here...simply because of technology. Rubio hype leading up to 2009-2010 was mich higher than Darko in 2003. Unless you were you a serious hoop nerd, you didn’t even know who Darko was until pre-draft.

What? Darko was drafted ahead of Carmelo Anthony, and the hype for Carmelo was HUGE at the time. The hype for Carmelo in 2003 was definitely bigger than the hype for Blake Griffin was in 2009, who was the #1 pick in 2009, and Rubio was only #5 pick in that draft.

Imagine a freshman super scorer leading his team to the National championship. Melo had a ton of hype and for Darko to go ahead ots mind boggling

Completely forgot about that. Rubio was injured for like two offseasons early in his career that he should’ve spent working on his jumper.

Rubio’s career is a better trajectory for Ben Simmons

Simmons was an all star the first year he played basketball. His trajectory is better than a Ricky Rubio. You could even argue his rookie year was better than any season Ricky has had.

I flabbergasted at this Rubio talk.

Lord knows if Trae Young has the same career as Rubio 10 years from now...nobody would be saying he’s not a bust.

Ironically...it’s Ricky who’s the “game manager”.
Or perhaps just neither are busts and it is your take that is flabbergasting?

5th pick in the draft, has started 477 out of 498 possible games in his career, and is better than everyone drafted behind him save for 3 guys.

Are you expecting the 5th pick to always be a star? Since Rubio was drafted, here are the guys who have been your #5 pick- Boogie Cousins, Jonas Valancunias, Thomas Robinson, Alex Len, Dante Exum, Mario Hezonja, Kris Dunn, De'Aaron Fox, and Trae Young. 4 of those guys are good players and the other 5 are barely in the league if at all.

Rubio is a good, serviceable player for where he was drafted. If he were a top 3 pick, I could see where your argument would make some sort of sense.

It’s not about where he was picked to say Rubio’s career is a disappointment but the expectations he had going into the draft.

It’s not about where he was picked to say Rubio’s career is a disappointment but the expectations he had going into the draft.
So you expected a 6'4" sub 200 pound guy with a shaky jumper and below average athleticism to be a superstar? And because he's not, he's a bust?

Okie doke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom