**THEEE Official Washington ******** Offseason Thread** Throwbacks unveiled pg. 21...DreC. approves

Originally Posted by toine2983

So just to clarify the ******** switch 1st round picks with the Rams this year, and give the Rams their '13 and '14 1st rounders as well?
So help them if RG3 turns out to be a anyhing but AVG which could be considered a bust 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Originally Posted by Proshares

Why is V-Jax surely coming?
Several Insiders on a ******** forum are saying it's pretty much a done deal. Same dudes who called RG3 trade being made. They are really reputable dudes.

V-Jax is headed to Tampa with Cortland Finnigan bruh

Yeah that situation has surfaced within the last few hrs but maybe now that we get RG3 and we can give him $ AND Shanahan has wanted him for the longest sways him to come to DC.

Talk about going all in. I can live with the trade, just because I think RGIII is who everyone thinks he is. As far as prospects go, he's about as close to a lock at QB as they come. *Knock on wood*

Now to get the kid some help...cap room needs to be utilized wisely.

TheGift gon' crazy. I cant blame you though. It was inevitable after Peyton told us no.

Im excited no doubt but why cant we do things with due diligence like ever? Excuse my skepticism considering we've been pretty bad in our past rash decisions. The draft is a month away. Too much time between now and then.

He hasnt even had his %#%*!%% Pro Day yet!

1067 The Fan is
pimp.gif
for taking calls all night. They kick 980 #$#! Everybody is excited. I Keep envisioning RG3 lifting the SB and MVP Trophy. AHHHHHHHHHH.

I was excited but DC had to be Debbie downer.
tired.gif

But I'm boosted to say the least. This is a good start to having a respectable team.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

RGIII needs to HAS come to DC!!!

pimp.gif
cant put a price on potential but the pressure is definitely on this kid... Crazy how timing is everything.  If this were a few months back we could have probably made the Colts think twice about it.

I would like to see us win at least 6 games but I'm more interested in him just making plays.  Any word on WR moves?  I was praying for Bowe but that was long shot.  Sounds like Jackson is soon to be off the market too.  Hopefully we can bring in Colston.  Wouldn't mind looking at Garcon either   

I feel bad for RG3. Going to a $++* franchise and playing for a $++* coach. 
Screw getting help at WR. They better fix that O-line so they can keep their new prize alive.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

But it always feels different. So again, you all should have more sense and not be as excited. I just think sometime logic has to kick in and emotions have to be put away. Wait until the dude does SOMETHING, but I hear some folks on Twitter talking madness. You are still a horrible/disgrace of a franchise, getting a "potential" star QB doesn't change that. When he does something and you all start to make progress maybe you can lose that loser label but until then..........
Yes, DC...you are right.  I will not be excited over this. 

I have my concerns about RG3 because he is not nearly as good with his legs as advertised and his pocket presence leaves a lo to be desired (still much better than Gabbert) but as long as the Skins keep Shanahan and he buys into the program he is a great situation to succeed.

I will be excited to see how this pans out but man they gave up a lot. This is a lot of pressure on RG3 and he has not shown much under pressure.

Colts should take RG3 just to troll us.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by theone2401

I have my concerns about RG3 because he is not nearly as good with his legs as advertised and his pocket presence leaves a lo to be desired (still much better than Gabbert) but as long as the Skins keep Shanahan and he buys into the program he is a great situation to succeed.

I will be excited to see how this pans out but man they gave up a lot. This is a lot of pressure on RG3 and he has not shown much under pressure.

Colts should take RG3 just to troll us.
laugh.gif

Shanny must have A LOT of faith in the team.  I'm talking about thinking that they will only be giving up the 1st round picks in 13'/14' in the 18-22 range.  With RG3 on board, this team needs to take the next step forward.  Shanny only has 3 years left on his contract, so his job is riding on this as well.  I really hope it works out.

Here's some other news....this dude on Twitter is LEGIT.  He's one of the insiders on the Skins board.  He's been on this RG3 thing from the jump and also had some good information on Landry.  Speaking of Landry, did yall see that he was openly using twitter to RT messages about him playing for both the Cowboys and Eagles? 

^I actually think Josh Morgan would be a great value signing. He's a really physical guy with good hands and would be a solid #3 to compliment whatever #1 we get. He's been plagued by injuries so he'd be cheap and assuming he can stay healthy I think his best days are ahead of him.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Originally Posted by Proshares

Why is V-Jax surely coming?
Several Insiders on a ******** forum are saying it's pretty much a done deal. Same dudes who called RG3 trade being made. They are really reputable dudes.

Yea?  Wasn't really questioning your sources
laugh.gif
 just seems like an odd choice to me.  You already have Moss as a deep threat, I thought Colston would be a better fit for them.  

[h1]This time, the ******** got it right[/h1]
03-us-blog-avatar-40x40_070937.jpg

By Doug Farrar | Shutdown Corner – 1 hour 55 minutes ago

The ******** are all in, hoping to avoid another quarterback mistake. (AP)

Those ******** fans exasperated by their franchise's profligate free-agent spending and wasteful attitude when it comes to draft picks (especially in the Vinny Cerrato "era") would be forgiven for believing that owner Dan Snyder had finally gone completely around the bend. Under different conditions, the Friday trade with the St. Louis Rams that gave first-round picks in 2013 and 2014, switched first-rounders in 2012, and cost an additional second-round pick in 2012 for the right to select Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III with the second-overall pick in 2012 would seem to be yet  another case of Snyder's team being pennywise and pound-foolish. And when it comes to multi-pick trades for quarterbacks, there's no middle ground -- if you do it, you're either a genius or an idiot.

In 2004, the New York Giants swapped first-round draft picks with the San Diego Chargers (going from fourth overall to first), their 2005 first-round pick, and their third- and fifth-round picks in 2005 for the rights to quarterback Eli Manning. Since that day, and after some rough spots early on, Manning has proven the wisdom of the move by nabbing two Super Bowl MVP awards.

In 1997, the Chicago Bears traded their first-round pick outright (the eleventh overall) for the "privilege" of acquiring Seattle Seahawks quarterback Rick Mirer. Mirer was a washout in Chicago, while the Seahawks selected tackle Walter Jones, the greatest player in franchise history, with one of their two first-round picks. Meanwhile, the Bears' ongoing and fruitless search for an elite quarterback had them acquiring Jay Cutler by swapping first-round picks with the Denver Broncos in 2009, giving up their first-round pick in 2010, and sweetening the pot with a third-round pick and quarterback Kyle Orton.

So, yeah -- the risk/reward meter is pretty much off the charts here.

This is a GREAT read...

Rest of Article in Link

after i got home last night i listened to grant paulsen on 1067 the fan till 5am 
laugh.gif
  awesome stuff.  this needed to be done, im not sweating over the picks.  i dont ask for much as a fan, im just happy this gives me hope for the future of the team which i havent had in years.  this may be the first big move the ******** did that actually got positive praise from the media 
pimp.gif

******** will give him no o line he will get killed all season he has no one to throw too no big receivers these days you need at least 2 Also the defense is so so All in all i wouldnt be surprised if he pulls a eli and wanna go somewhere else i wouldnt blame him

RT @TheRedzoneorg Jets expected to show interest in LaRon Landry
tinyurl.com/7kola6q #NFL #Jets

&

skins fans welcome Robert Griffin III in person on March 31st in Chantilly. csashows.com/?p=2615

Will be in Chantilly at the car show on the 31st. 

Dammit LaRon...why couldn't you taken care of yourself and become good here...I just noticed how bad the class of safeties are in FA and the Draft.

Another season with Reed Doughty on the team.
sick.gif

Links for the interested...

Free Agent - WRs
Free Agent - OLs
Free Agent - LBs
Free Agent - DBs

Free Agency begins in 50 hours.

* PS : What the hell happened to Atari Bigby? I remember he was making plays a few years ago in GB?
* I really don't want Courtland Finnegan on the team after what Andre Johnson did
laugh.gif

* Reggie Nelson
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

^I actually think Josh Morgan would be a great value signing. He's a really physical guy with good hands and would be a solid #3 to compliment whatever #1 we get. He's been plagued by injuries so he'd be cheap and assuming he can stay healthy I think his best days are ahead of him.

I agree with this.

Josh Morgan is also a pretty good blocker.

Back
Top Bottom