**THEEE Official Washington ******** Offseason Thread** Throwbacks unveiled pg. 21...DreC. approves

Having trouble posting links from here but with the persuit of Morgan and Eddie Royal, should they sigh, Armstrong and Santana are gone.

$21.5 guaranteed. I mean wow.

Still dont have a #1 WR.

Why are we not going after Winston?

They are in the mix for him but Winston favors Miami and again, this stupid salary cap @#!$ is making this much tougher.

RT @ProFootballTalk WR Josh Morgan agrees to 5yr deal w/ #******** that will void to 2 years. Worth up to $12 million. $7.5 M "guaranteed."

Garcon
Hank
Royal
Morgan

Not too bad....

I said this in the other post...

I rather have had Meachem than Garcon

But hopefully this means Shanahan will be setting the offense up to suit RG3.
pimp.gif

If the ******** get rid of santana, id love to see him as a cheaper replacement for laurent

I know y'all are all going to think I am just being a homer because he went to VT, but Josh Morgan will be a great value pickup as long as he stays healthy. I have been very high on him since he was at VT and always thought he was more talented than Royal even though he got less pub. Despite having those two at WR our offense was anemic and both were underutilized and didn't get to showcase themselves as well as they would have at another school. I always thought if Josh was in a pass heavy offense he would have been a 3rd round pick at worst. He's not huge (6'1 215) but he is extremely physical with good speed and can beat press coverage, and is tough to bring down in the open field. He's also an excellent blocker (seemed like everybody on the Niners was, those coaches demand it).

Not saying he's gonna be a guaranteed 1000 yard guy or anything but at the very least he should be a very solid #3 guy who will break an occasional big play and a reliable blocker. He definitely has the talent to be a 1000 yard guy IMO and I wouldn't be surprised if his production went up a notch with the Skins eventually.

Just to give you some insight which isn't speculation... but the reason Moss and Anthony aren't just cut is there is a slim and none chance someone trades a late round pick for both.. if not.. they may let Anthony stick around to make a spot for himself since he's still a deep threat and great on special teams.

Days could be numbered for Moss but still slim chance he makes team... although. the numbers get slim if Hank DOES rehab and gets back.. theres still a chance Hank doesn't. As you know the Skins carry more WRs than fresh draws. Banks days are all but up since Royal provides KR and WR experience. I have NO clue what happens to Austin with all these additions but again the Skins carry WR #s..

Banks, Austin and Anthony dont affect the cap much.. they could cut one of us and it would impact it more.

I mentioned it earlier and also in a blog I write for DC50TV.COM that yes... Collusion is a word Media stations with NFL contracts is trying to stay away from. Only Internet and some radio outlets are willing to broach the topic.

With Goodell making up rules as they go, realize the Skins have NEVER been a team to let the Cap affect how they do business. They are magical and experts at getting what they want. my man JI Hassel used to be their Cap Guy and said there is always a way but he wrote about it back in 2010 that it was something that could bite them in the booty.

I could go on and on.. but Im sure you guys have heard the gist of it today... My station is running over night coverage.. but really all for naught as I was told the Skins are shutting it down and everything they do break they will keep under wraps for their own station to break.

Smart...

******** definitely got some good receivers to support RGIII..Garcon could definitely morph into a #1 receiver..he showed glimpses when Manning was at the helm in Indy

Do you think London comes back RD? Noticed no dambs have been given about LBers today....also intrigued to see what the plan is for safety.

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Originally Posted by Proshares

Why is V-Jax surely coming?
Several Insiders on a ******** forum are saying it's pretty much a done deal. Same dudes who called RG3 trade being made. They are really reputable dudes.

V-Jax is headed to Tampa with Cortland Finnigan bruh

Not sure why yall didn't listen to me a couple days ago

Jetpac...the situation obviously changed after the NFL did what they did. Ain't even mad though...we're fine.

Adam Scheffner reports S Brandon Marriweather is visiting ******* Park later today.

Jetpac...the situation obviously changed after the NFL did what they did. Ain't even mad though...we're fine.

Adam Scheffner reports S Brandon Marriweather is visiting ******* Park later today.

Would be huge considering our staring safeties right now are Reed Doughty and Dejon Gomes.

We plan on getting any defensive help lol.  I actually like Royal Garcon and Morgan.  It's way better then Austin, Armstrong, Gaffney, Moss.  
I think Garcon gives us a deep threat.  And since everyone brags that RG3 throws a great deep ball maybe we keep armstrong around just for that.  I would hate to see banks go but royal is a good WR and a good kick returner so it might just make sense.

Was kinda pulling for Finnegan on D.  But i guess we will see how things pan out today and into the draft. 

Several Insiders on a ******** forum are saying it's pretty much a done deal. Same dudes who called RG3 trade being made. They are really reputable dudes.

V-Jax is headed to Tampa with Cortland Finnigan bruh

Not sure why yall didn't listen to me a couple days ago

How's finnegan gonna work out in TB w. Jackson? 
laugh.gif
  As you can see, things change in FA.

I'm w. JKing tho....I'm glad we got Garcon and Morgan.  They are 10000x better than what we had on the field last year.  As long as Griffin has weapons, I'm happy.

Another thing (in regards to V-Jax), I didn't know that he's one off-the-field infraction away from a year long suspension... whoa.  I'd would have happily had him here in DC, but there were a ton of red flags with him. 

Per a league source, the ******** engaged in a conference call with the league office regarding the situation.

And the conversation, we’re told, included the league conceding to G.M. Bruce Allen that the ******** violated no rules and did nothing wrong. The league explained that the ********’ actions (and the Cowboys’) “affected competitive balance.

I just don't get it 
What many in the media are missing is that this entire controversy proves the league engaged in collusion in 2010, and that the ******** and Cowboys are suffering the consequences now for refusing two years ago to participate in a violation of the labor laws.

So do to the fact that the ******** and cowboys are cash rich and had the cash to throw at players we are being penalized.  Not to mention the NFL was afraid the rich teams could gain a competitive advantage....we won 5 games and 6 games in those two years.  So we obviously gained no competitive advantage in the small window where it was some how possible.  What ever happened to No Harm No Foul?? We told you not to....there was no rule....you did it anyway....but nothing happened....so why can't it be a 0 sum gain?

I can't understand why this isn't a bigger issue and why people are saying we "cheated".  There was no rule violation and the Haynesworth Contract was ok'd by the league at the time.  So why didn't they say no to the contract and claim it was wrong then.  Why now after the fact they decided it was wrong?  This is BS.

Also great info on V-Jax and his off the field stuff.  Lessen's the blow of not landing him
laugh.gif

^^ people are misinformed if they say anything about cheating..not only is what.snyder and mr. jones did considered common practice around the ...and they had to send those deals to the league office for approval first anyway..either way it war blown outta proportion... Trust me, the skins ain't done spending yet..lol..

probably the first time post sean taylor ive been impressed with tge perennial free agenr champs...although I expect snyder to mess it up somehow (he always does) im kinda nervous about this upcomin season...damn the east gon be tuff...welcome to the party dc

As someone said on ESPN.com, "Roger Goodell is the only person on Earth who could unite Cowboys and ******** fans."
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom