Them Brits don't play around. DaMarcus Beasley's car blown up. Vol. Blowed Up

Thank God he wasn't in it, $@*% is straight from 24. 
[h1]U.S. soccer player DaMarcus Beasley's car is firebombed in Scotland[/h1]
February 3, 2010 |  1:52 pm

In another example of thuggish behavior in Britain, Glasgow Rangers and U.S. national team playerDaMarcus Beasley saw his $80,000 German luxury automobile firebombed outside his home in Glasgow on Monday night.

According to the Scottish Daily Record, a witness saw a hooded figure place what was believed to be a gasoline bomb under Beasley's car at about 11 p.m.

"The guy put something under the car then walked backwards crouching down, making a line of petrol for about five meters," the unidentified witness told the newspaper. "He lit it with what looked like a lighter and the car went up."

Shortly afterward, Beasley looked out his window when he heard a screech of tires as a car sped past his home in the city's plush Dowanhill neighborhood. He saw his car engulfed in flames.

Police said it was the only car on the street to be targeted by thugs, but the motivation for the attack was not immediately known.
http://
Beasley, 27, made a statement on his Twitter account: "Someone blew up my car today. Thanks again for ALL the messages and kind words. But, yea, I'm doin' OK and in the market for a new car. LOL. Gotta try to find some humor."

A Rangers spokesperson called it "a disturbing and deplorable incident," and said the Scottish Premier League club would do all it could to assist police.

Beasley, a U.S. World Cup player in 2002 and 2006, has played for Rangers since 2007 after previous spells with the Galaxy, Chicago Fire, PSV Eindhoven and Manchester City. At least four other Rangers players have had their cars vandalized in the past, and the club has stepped up security on its players.

-- Grahame L. Jones

Ah I saw a little bit of this on ESPN, but never caught the full story. That's crazy though. I'm really happy he's okay and I hope that they find the dbag that did this.

yep  they definitely are! they take so much abuse over there

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Isnt it true that in Britain and Europe there still is rampant racism?

Amongst the soccer hooligans apparently racism is still rampant.
tired.gif

This is horrible.. Demarcus is actually from my hometown in Indiana and was good friends with my sister in high school.. I'm glad he's okay, he's actually an extremely nice guy...

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Isnt it true that in Britain and Europe there still is rampant racism?
No, only America is racist, silly.

Rangers VS Celtic

It's truly when water separates with oil.

and those asking about racism in EU: they're much bolder over there. there's racism everywhere, but I see in EU they're more willing to address their feelings in public than NAmericans.

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

This is horrible.. Demarcus is actually from my hometown in Indiana and was good friends with my sister in high school.. I'm glad he's okay, he's actually an extremely nice guy...
You from Fort Wayne
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by sjuelz

sick.gif

ohwell.gif
 Disgraceful. Italy & Spain in particular have a long time to go. This report was great, thanks for posting.
I truly hope that this wasnt racially motivated, and I think that because other player's cars have been done too.

i doubt this was racial....like someone said it was probably celtic fans.

Racism in Europe??

In England their is very little Racism in this day and age, It is actually a good mixed place to live in all fairness.

Scotland is pretty bad but then again Scotland is a pretty poor place anyway, Alot of poverty and crime.
Even the places like Spain and Italy that were notorious for being racist are starting to cut racism out, Like I spend alot of time in Madrid and the change in the mentality of the city is remarkable, I think that is because their are more black and minorities in Madrid then ever before, so the city has awoken to that.

USA has more racism.

i remembered watching one La Liga match a couple years ago when Eto'o was still playing for Barca...
one section of the fans threw bananas onto the pitch to taunt the African players...
smh.gif

Hmm, if this was in Eastern Europe and maybe Italy I would've thought that it was racially motivated.. But Scotland, I don't know.. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that it was just some crazy fan from a rival team that did it because he was a player from a rival team. I think it might be more anti-American than anti-black if it was a hate crime.

Disgusting stuff.....sad

"serious sport....it is war without the shooting" Orwell

Back
Top Bottom