There is NO chance Drake's album will be better than SO FAR GONE

I gave SO FAR GONE a re-listen today for the first time in a long time, and this mixtape is really ahead of its time. Not sure about anyone else but the first couple times I heard it, I thought I was hearing the evolution of what hip hop artists were going to be doing. The mixture of rap and r&b and pop, the indie music sensibilities and features, the off-the-mainstream sounds on the mixtape were just so refreshing.

The things Drake has done since then have really led me to believe that the same will not be said for the album. I think the label didn't want to take chances investing alot of money in an album similar to SO FAR GONE, but I feel Drake was ready to deliver a record like that, and the general listening public was ready to accept it. Now he's just another rapper on "Forever" and a member of a terrible clique wasting his potential.

do you agree? disagree?

mixtape was nuthin big. good, but the hype is too much.
dont judge the album brocka. it hasnt comed out yet.

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

I gave SO FAR GONE a re-listen today for the first time in a long time, and this mixtape is really ahead of its time. Not sure about anyone else but the first couple times I heard it, I thought I was hearing the evolution of what hip hop artists were going to be doing. The mixture of rap and r&b and pop, the indie music sensibilities and features, the off-the-mainstream sounds on the mixtape were just so refreshing.

The things Drake has done since then have really led me to believe that the same will not be said for the album. I think the label didn't want to take chances investing alot of money in an album similar to SO FAR GONE, but I feel Drake was ready to deliver a record like that, and the general listening public was ready to accept it. Now he's just another rapper on "Forever" and a wasting his potential.member of a terrible clique

do you agree? disagree?

is there anybody else that would put him out like they did ...propaganda wise?...am asking seriously not bein sarcastic

Originally Posted by GucciMane

Nothing big? Regardless what your opinion of it is, it was widely recognized as the biggest mixtape of 2009. Brocka.

You're right that it hasn't comed out yet, though.

Originally Posted by STR1NGER

Originally Posted by GucciMane

Nothing big? Regardless what your opinion of it is, it was widely recognized as the biggest mixtape of 2009. Brocka.

You're right that it hasn't comed out yet, though.
I'm not talking about the hype brocka. Of course the buzz was big but im talking quality wise.
It was nice, but doesnt deserve the hype. The Warm Up > So Far Gone brah.

Who knows...

I bet my bottom dollar though that when it first drops...everyone is gonna say so far gone >>> thank me later...

i enjoyed comeback season more..

no matter what, im sure drake will come with something good.

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

I agree with everything here. Some believe that I'm exaggerating about the quality when I talk about it.

Usually, I hate to speculate about the quality of an album before hearing anything from it, but I can't help but to think about how this album will turn out. I wouldn't be surprised if the album doesn't have an equal amount of quality as SFG; SFG is excellent. I'm honestly unaware of much he has done since SFG, so that has no bearing on me not being surprised if he doesn't top it. I just think SFG was that good.

I won't set my expectations high, but I don't want to write him off and say he won't top the mixtape.

SFG was just really good to me not great or a classic so there's room for improvement.

False.

Honestly, if took all of this cat's features from the past 5 months and release them as
album, it be held a classic by today's standards.
laugh.gif

I don't think it's fair to make any judgement until we hear the final product, especially considering it will be his debut album so he may be holding on to what he feels is his very best material. But it definitely is not outside the realm of possibility that he fails to deliver. We just have to wait and see.

Yea let me go get out my copy of Thank Me Later and see where it compares to So Far Gone......come on. Atleast let the album drop first before determining whether or not its as good as So Far Gone. I do think So Far Gone was a solid tape. The diversity Drake shows on that tape is crazy. That's when I became a fan. When I heard him flow over that Jun 27th beat? Then rappin' over Lyke Li %#*? Then rappin' over Santogold %#*? Then rappin' over Jay's Ignorant %#*? The mixtape is all over the place yet each song flows well together.

Back
Top Bottom