There should be another music forum aside from the "rap" forum...

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

If you feel that way why don't you join a forum dedicated solely to the music of your choice
Maybe he likes NT?

I think it may be similar to NT's S&T Forum. I am a Warriors fan that loves to discuss Warriors, but I do it here for the most part. Sure there areother sites like RealGM (which I am a member of and I rarely post there), GSOM, and others, but I like discussing them here.

Anyway, I can definitely see OP's gripe.

Originally Posted by White23Chocolate

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

people dont like country music

I dont listen to country music you $!@%+%# douchewaffle... People dont like the GSW either, worst team in Cali..
laugh.gif
Just when I decided to be one of the few who can see where you're coming from, you go and post something like this?!

smh.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

people dont like country music

I dont listen to country music you $!@%+%# douchewaffle... People dont like the GSW either, worst team in Cali..
laugh.gif
No need to get personal.

But as you said. You post something it and does not get any reply, Maybe its because others in that section does not share you love of whatever music youlisten to.

Damn, n/m... I'll post in another forum.... But, if all your favorite musicians didnt grab their #*%$+ so much, maybe they could pick up an instrument andlearn some real music.

Thanks...

Originally Posted by TkTheGirl

I have lots of cool things to post and talk about, being involved in the music industry...

Post it then...

this is the type of stuff the music forum needs but you holding back
grin.gif

I have lots of cool things to post and talk about, being involved in the music industry...

Post it then...
Apparently I should go to another forum..
frown.gif

No one wants to hear rock and roll on here, see footage I shoot, or any types of lyrics, everyone digs rap, it's cool....

Originally Posted by GG0tti

But as you said. You post something it and does not get any reply, Maybe its because others in that section does not share you love of whatever music you listen to.
I honestly would be one to reply in threads that related to other genres of music but RARELY go in the music forum because of the genre thatdominate that forum. By no means am I trying to say one genre is better than the other, because I'm not. I listen different genres including rap/hip-hop,but where is the balance? That's all I'm asking for.

Why do people love to blame rap music for their problems.

OP should post whatever he wants and if people feel it they will respond

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

instead of complaining post what you want and if people care they'll read it
See, here's the thing... there are people who might be into other genres of music but don't go into the Music Forum because of theimbalance of topics there. I see posts like this from time to time that complain about the Music Forum and how it's all about rap/hip-hop so there areother people that feel this way. I just think that if there were a little more balance, then more people who go to the Music Forum and post there.

The music forum is the way it is because the majority of people that use it seem to favor hip-hop/rap...nobody is preventing you from making a thread cateredto your taste in music. If it doesn't gather the interest you feel it deserves its simply because no one else is as interested as you are or the peoplethat are viewing the music forum don't share the same taste in music.

Damn, n/m... I'll post in another forum.... But, if all your favorite musicians didnt grab their @@+@! so much, maybe they could pick up an instrument and learn some real music.

Thanks...

Who are my favorite musicians?
What is "real music?"

Yeah Aight....smh
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Post it then...
Apparently I should go to another forum..
frown.gif

No one wants to hear rock and roll on here, see footage I shoot, or any types of lyrics, everyone digs rap, it's cool....

That's not true.

That's why nobody is respecting your thread.

I can see where the OP is coming from. Even the Music forum regulars have to admit that any post not pertaining to hiphop or rnb falls into oblivion withinhours, if not in the hour. I can't see how having another sub-forum for other music can hurt. Only reason the Official Rock thread stays on the first pageis because of the sticky. I guarantee you it would meet the same fate as the Official Electro thread or the Metal thread.

Having to use the horrible Yuku search to find the Electro thread FTL
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

smh.gif
@ the cheapshot at the Warriors though

The music forum is the way it is because the majority of people that use it seem to favor hip-hop/rap...nobody is preventing you from making a thread catered to your taste in music. If it doesn't gather the interest you feel it deserves its simply because no one else is as interested as you are or the people that are viewing the music forum don't share the same taste in music.
It's not that a majority of people favor hip hop/rap, it's because its a part of the sneaker sub-culture. You do have people who are intorock and all other genres, but sneakers have been a major part of early rap/hip hop/urban lifestyle so it only makes sense that a majority of the posts in theforum is about this genre.

Originally Posted by tmukg21

make a good thread, people will reply

no one will reply a "track 12" thread from Mama Mia soundtrack
grin.gif
Wrong.

If you make a post about, say, some acclaimed indie rock album, you might get 5 or 6 responses.

If you make a post about "track 12" from a Gucci Mane CD, you'll get 3 pages of responses with "
pimp.gif
" and people posting their favoritelines.

^ thats what I stated earlier its part of the hip hop and rap lifestyle.

I think more people should post different music than the usual stuff thats posted...

If we ( people who listen to REAL MUSIC) start posting more, then it will outshine the OTHERS ( Gucci Mane, Oj Da Juiceman, Lil Wayne Fans)

I mean you cant really control what people reply to or not. I wish i knew what the post was though.

Back
Top Bottom