There should be another music forum aside from the "rap" forum...

Originally Posted by White23Chocolate

maybe they could pick up an instrument and learn some real music.

Thanks...
see da swipe on hiphop/rap music? an obviously biased person that hates on the genre

"Douchewaffle"
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

ehhh...there are always other options though....like other forums.
grin.gif
ohwell.gif

I visit music forum on the reg, but I kinda feel the same way like the OP - difference is when it comes to my favorite artists.

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Look at how salty they get...

laugh.gif
smh.gif
You do realize that you're being just as ignorant as the OP was, right?

You're downplaying another persons interests just because you feel they aren't important which is exactly what he was doing. How are you any better than he?

Also, to disrespect a thread that is a tribute to a music legend is disgusting. If I went in to a memorial thread for B.I.G or Pac and said something wreckless I'd not only be flamed, but called a racist and be e-stoned.
Amen. Please learn your music history before you downplay one of the biggest days in music...
Nah, I was actually referring to the guy who said something to the effect of "Yet we have a hundred deadrapper threads
eyes.gif
", Which was super unnecessary and borderline disrespectful.

That link takes you to his reply.

I was in no way disrespecting the intent of the original topic, Just pointing out how salty dudes are...To the point that they would bring rap into the topicin a negative fashion when nobody even brought rap up.

RELATED SUBJECT

I was thinking about it and the sneaker showcase needs subforums as well. There is so many different things going on in that post it is hard to dig through andfind (Edit: I should say enjoy, I.E. people put a lot of time/pride into their collections and post; just to get buried by the designer clothing thread andHypebeast threads, nothing which have to do with Sneaker collections) peoples collections.

I think NT has evolved again and needs a re-boost by the Administrators. NT is only going to get bigger and bigger with a variety of interests.

Originally Posted by Untitled

Thanks...
see da swipe on hiphop/rap music? an obviously biased person that hates on the genre
dude i love hip hop but come on. 95 percent of these dudes out have no musical talent at all.

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Look at how salty they get...

laugh.gif
smh.gif
You do realize that you're being just as ignorant as the OP was, right?

You're downplaying another persons interests just because you feel they aren't important which is exactly what he was doing. How are you any better than he?

Also, to disrespect a thread that is a tribute to a music legend is disgusting. If I went in to a memorial thread for B.I.G or Pac and said something wreckless I'd not only be flamed, but called a racist and be e-stoned.
Amen. Please learn your music history before you downplay one of the biggest days in music...
Nah, I was actually referring to the guy who said something to the effect of "Yet we have a hundred dead rapper threads
eyes.gif
", Which was super unnecessary and borderline disrespectful.

That link takes you to his reply.

I was in no way disrespecting the intent of the original topic, Just pointing out how salty dudes are...To the point that they would bring rap into the topic in a negative fashion when nobody even brought rap up.
Ahh I see. I apologize then. But can you at least see where I'm coming from with what I said? There are obviously some people who have toresort to foolishness on both sides of the argument, and quite frankly, they should be ignored.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Thanks...
dude i love hip hop but come on. 95 percent of these dudes out have no musical talent at all.
Seriously though....... ain't that the truth.
If it wasn't for good beats, 1/2 the rappers out today wouldn't have jobs..... maybe even a higher %
A lot of the rappers out today can hardly even rap & yet they are rappers.....
There's only a small group running the game.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

RELATED SUBJECT

I was thinking about it and the sneaker showcase needs subforums as well. There is so many different things going on in that post it is hard to dig through and find (Edit: I should say enjoy, I.E. people put a lot of time/pride into their collections and post; just to get buried by the designer clothing thread and Hypebeast threads, nothing which have to do with Sneaker collections) peoples collections.

I think NT has evolved again and needs a re-boost by the Administrators. NT is only going to get bigger and bigger with a variety of interests.
You bring up a good point. Niketalk has become much more than just a forum for shoes. I'm convinced most of the people that were into shoes acouple years ago (back when Nike Retro was poppin') aren't even into shoes like that anymore. I know I'm not
laugh.gif
. I've stayed for the Generaland Sports forums. Just like how I've had a change in interests from shoes to other things, my interest in music is no longer solely in hiphop and rnb.I'm pretty sure there are NTer's that feel the same way.

There are obviously some people who have to resort to foolishness on both sides of the argument, and quite frankly, they should be ignored.
Agreed.

I'm not a fan of how people are trying to downplay the skill/talent involved in rapping...Like it's such a lowbrow form of music that takes little tono ability. Couldn't be further from the truth.

Yea, There's some trash out there, But that's in every genre.

Sorry if "Rapper A" doesn't compose his own music from scratch and play his own instruments...Holierthan thou type !#+*.

Originally Posted by DL2352

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

RELATED SUBJECT

I was thinking about it and the sneaker showcase needs subforums as well. There is so many different things going on in that post it is hard to dig through and find (Edit: I should say enjoy, I.E. people put a lot of time/pride into their collections and post; just to get buried by the designer clothing thread and Hypebeast threads, nothing which have to do with Sneaker collections) peoples collections.

You bring up a good point. Niketalk has become much more than just a forum for shoes. I'm convinced most of the people that were into shoes a couple years ago (back when Nike Retro was poppin') aren't even into shoes like that anymore. I know I'm not
laugh.gif
. I've stayed for the General and Sports forums. Just like how I've had a change in interests from shoes to other things, my interest in music is no longer solely in hiphop and rnb. I'm pretty sure there are NTer's that feel the same way.

thats exactly how i am. i used to never go in general or sports when i first got on here. JB and retro all the time. now i cant even remember the last time iwent in those forums. i havent bought basketball shoes in 3 years
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mr delorean

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Heavy Metal has more followers than rap?
You do realize that there is a world outside the one you live in, right?
not only are there more metal fans worldwide, i imagine its not even close.

laugh.gif
more then rap?nahh......

laugh.gif
more then rap? nahh......

you are joking right?
laugh.gif

There are obviously some people who have to resort to foolishness on both sides of the argument, and quite frankly, they should be ignored.
Agreed.

I'm not a fan of how people are trying to downplay the skill/talent involved in rapping...Like it's such a lowbrow form of music that takes little to no ability. Couldn't be further from the truth.

Rapping takes less then other forms of music, indeed I will say that is a true statement, yes.

laugh.gif
You probably think rap has more fans then country too don't you?

laugh.gif
worldwide, not just the US. hip hop is about as popular as american football is to the rest of the world.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Thanks...
Seriously though....... ain't that the truth.
If it wasn't for good beats, 1/2 the rappers out today wouldn't have jobs..... maybe even a higher %
A lot of the rappers out today can hardly even rap & yet they are rappers.....
There's only a small group running the game.

I need to step my music game up, but I'm very reluctant to do so......
grin.gif

Untitled wrote:
mr delorean wrote:
CallHimAR wrote:
abeautifulhaze wrote:

laugh.gif

There are probably more metal fans in Germany than there are rap fans in the US.

You make your thread in Music Forum and I'll make a Little Joy Appreciation thread and we'll take the heat together, capiche?

Agreed.

I'm not a fan of how people are trying to downplay the skill/talent involved in rapping...Like it's such a lowbrow form of music that takes little to no ability. Couldn't be further from the truth.
Rapping takes less then other forms of music, indeed I will say that is a true statement, yes.

laugh.gif

let's put it like this.....for now ya right since metal as a genre is OLDER then rap music...but rap and hiphop has a stranglehold ongenerations growing up for 2 decades..its the youth's music by the majority....

if you posed this question another decade from now i'd probably be right. you gotta count fans that are old that were metal heads that also have ahankering for rap music.

as well as the continued saturation of rap music from NY, to the rest of the US, to the rest of the world.

Agreed.

laugh.gif
let's put it like this.....for now ya right since metal as a genre is OLDER then rap music...but rap and hiphop has a stranglehold on generations growing up for 2 decades..its the youth's music by the majority....

if you posed this question another decade from now i'd probably be right. you gotta count fans that are old that were metal heads that also have a hankering for rap music.

as well as the continued saturation of rap music from NY, to the rest of the US, to the rest of the world.

Again, maybe in the area that you live in this is the case, however outside it is not. If it were then why would there still be bands coming upthat grew up during this "strangle hold" period? I'm not trying to downplay Hip Hops influence, because it has been significant to a large numberof people, but by no means will it outgrow that of Rock. The only thing that may do this are the new forms of music we hear from bands like MGMT and such.

On second thought, it may. But it will do so in a different culture than Rock will.

I think mr delorean has a major point though.

CallHimAR wrote:

abeautifulhaze wrote:

laugh.gif

Rap only has more fans than rock in the US. Just like soccer and basketball. Basketball is more popular in the US, but everywhere else soccer dominates.

Agreed.

laugh.gif
let's put it like this.....for now ya right since metal as a genre is OLDER then rap music...but rap and hiphop has a stranglehold on generations growing up for 2 decades..its the youth's music by the majority....

if you posed this question another decade from now i'd probably be right. you gotta count fans that are old that were metal heads that also have a hankering for rap music.

reality isnt as you describe. and there will always be just as many youth discovering black sabbath as there are the hip hop flavor of the week.

Damn, didnt think this would go this long, but I have no idea how you dragged race into this... I am talking about music, not people... Some of my favoriteartists arent white, the racist !*$$ is just blasphemy...

Wanna see some of the stuff I want to post? It's just some video's of my dad and various band mates...

Back
Top Bottom