There Will Be Blood?

has anyone seen this? does anyone recommend it?

it looks good and its getting really good reviews so i'm thinkin about catchin a matinee of it on Friday.

Vidasman, it's a movie that's out in select theaters right now but is getting its wide release this friday.it is nominated for several Academy Awards including Best Picture and it's a Golden Globe winner. it just looks good and is getting a lot of praise so iwas wondering if anyone on here has seen it and agrees with the critics.

yeah Daniel Day-Lewis is a really good actor and that's the main reason i want to see it. he was very good in Gangs of New York and this movie looks likeit has that same kind of old-time, historical feel.

i saw it on friday and havent been able to get it out of my mind since. if you like PTA's other work you will LOVE this movie...but its not for everyone.
Daniel Day-Lewis gave one of the most memorable performances i have ever seen in my life as an Oil tycoon in the early 1900's. Also, it has the bestcinematography i have seen in a long long time as well. its up for 8 oscars and deserves everyone of them IMO. i recomend it to anyone who likes good movies.

I really want to see this. From the previews: "There are times when I look at people and I see nothing worth liking... I see the worst inpeople."

great flick.

i didn't like the end too much, but it was fitting as far as the whole story went.

what really impressed me was the authenticity of the acting (of course), the costumes right down to the salty sweat residue on the brim of his hat and thehistoric perspective.

makes you think how all those early american industrialists probably got to where they did -- via lying, cheating, stealing and even murdering.

def. check it out

Originally Posted by ultrasur1

great flick.

i didn't like the end too much, but it was fitting as far as the whole story went.

what really impressed me was the authenticity of the acting (of course), the costumes right down to the salty sweat residue on the brim of his hat and the historic perspective.

makes you think how all those early american industrialists probably got to where they did -- via lying, cheating, stealing and even murdering.

def. check it out
at first i did not like the end either but the more i think about it and realize what was going on, i think it is brilliant.

Spoilers: I think that Daniel and Eli were very similar people. Daniel wanted to be the most powerful man and used oil as his means whileEli used the church as his means. All the while Eli was faking the whole 'prophet' thing in order to get people to follow him just as Daniel was usingHW to make people beleive he was a family man. I think the end was just Daniels was of getting back at Eli for the baptism and emberassing him infron of somany people, and he did what he did because he hates people who cant provide for themselves (ie Eli after admiting he lost all his money and needs more, andthe man who was 'his brother'). There is plenty of stuff to be interpreted in this movie and thats just mine.

End Spoilers

Hey GUYS im so sorry for being ignorant to this.. hell ive been tied into the whole CLOVERFIELD mix since day one and Ive beendoing all the virul marketing for that movie so I have no idea about this movie youre talking about.. Can you guys tell me whats its about without givingspoilers. I read all your posts accept the last post cause he put "spoiler" and I would not want to know bout spoilers.. just kinda want to know thatthe movie is about, the plot and all. Thanks in advance

i'm pretty sure it's about an oil tycoon who finds a little town that he believes is over a ton of oil and he is fighting with them to pump the oilfrom their ground. something along those lines maybe?

i coould be wrong but that's what it looks like to me.

movie was pretty good... not quite what i expected, i thought it was gonna be one of those movies that make you feel it afterwords

i liked it

great, great movie. Daniel Day Lewis is one of my favorite actors.

I really hope it wins best picture.

This movie was very weird, but it was one of the more thought-provoking movies I've ever seen.

Daniel Day-Lewis is mortal lock for Best Actor, but I think No Country or Atonement have better shots at Best Picture.

If you have a milkshake and I have a milkshake and I have a straw and my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!
This movie was AMAZING! I didn't know wht to expect going in, but I was very impressed. One thing I liked was the way they made the picturefuzzy at the beginning and made it clearer as the movie went on.

Back
Top Bottom