!!***Thieves Grab $100K Worth Of iPhone 5's!!!** Keep a eye on craigslist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/19587738/thieves-grab-100k-worth-of-iphone-5s

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. - Murfreesboro Police are calling it one of the most systematic, brazen crimes they've seen in years after eight alleged thieves made off with over $100,000 in stolen iPhone 5's and iPads on Tuesday morning from a Best Buy.

"They just come in get what they want and get out in a very quick fashion," says Sgt. Kyle Evans with the Murfreesboro Police Department.

The group managed to get into the Best Buy by ramming in a back garage door and police say they did it with a stolen car. In surveillance video you can see eight people storm the store wearing hooded sweatshirts and black ski masks.

"They knew exactly what they wanted to steal, how to steal them," Sgt. Evans adds.

The whole heist was done in under three minutes.

"The entire time mind you the store manager was sitting in front of the store waiting to open up the store for another employee to come in," he explained.

That manager was called by the building's alarm company alerting him to the break in but by the time he made it around to the back, the alleged thieves and the merchandise were gone.

"This is one of the highest financial losses of a commercial burglary that Murfreesboro has seen in many years," Sgt. Evans said about the crime.

Police believe the same group may have pulled off similar heists in Florida, California and other parts of Tennessee. If you have any information that could help authorities you're asked to call Murfreesboro Police.

Goonies
nthat.gif

"The entire time mind you the store manager was sitting in front of the store waiting to open up the store for another employee to come in,"

I loled 

Can't apple track the stolen iPhones once they are turned on? I heard of apple employees getting fired because iPhones were tracked to their address.

I have a feeling they bit off more than they could chew. Once they find the missing SKUs and those phones get turned on, its a wrap...then again, they'd have to retrieve individual phones.

The "find my iphone" wouldn't be activated because the accounts wouldn't be set up...maybe then did make off cleanly. 

Last edited:
I have a feeling they bit off more than they could chew. Once they find the missing SKUs and those phones get turned on, its a wrap...then again, they'd have to retrieve individual phones.

The "find my iphone" wouldn't be activated because the accounts wouldn't be set up...maybe then did make off cleanly. 

Nope something this big? All those IMEI of the phones are in the est buy system, iPads as well.

They'll get caught eventually.

Can't apple track the stolen iPhones once they are turned on? I heard of apple employees getting fired because iPhones were tracked to their address.
they saying the same dudes pulled off similiar heist in 2 other states , these guys seem surgical...doubt they'd do it if

they aint think it through

Nope something this big? All those IMEI of the phones are in the est buy system, iPads as well.

I used to work at BB years ago and its not hard for them to cross list the IMEIs with phone companies if the cops get the data.

I don't know how they'd catch them though. 

Dudes are about to flip those RAW though 

Apple does NOT get involved wit stolen phones nor will they trace them via serial number. tons of millions of phones out there and thousands get stolen everyday., they cant handle that

best buy dont track them imei, the thieves will probably sell them to a arab or something who will sell it overseas. whenever i sold my iphones with sim, always a , arab or mexican who was buying it for their family member overseas

atleast i hope thats what they gonna do. more money overseas. They can get like $1200 a phone

the crazy thing is the BEST BUY 20 miles away got hit 2 times in 1 month the same way last year , they have closed down now. and some of the managers and employees transferred to this store , so they need to look at one of their transferred employees or even the store manager, but they slow here in the south, they cant even put together a 10 piece jig saw puzzle..lol

Last edited:
IMEI/ESN will get blocked. Thieves should just saves themselves the trouble and sell them internationally.

ha, if you buy something off the street and the price is too good to be true . . . then it's too good to be true . . .

Back
Top Bottom