Things Get Worse For Tim Donaghy

[h1]Tim Donaghy's wife seeks restraining order against disgraced former NBA referee[/h1]

BRADENTON, Fla. (AP)-The estranged wife of former NBA referee Tim Donaghy is seeking a restraining order after accusing him of verbally and physicallyabusing their children.

Kimberly L. Donaghy filed for the court order against Tim Donaghy, who was charged in the NBA betting scandal. A hearing on the protective order isscheduled for Tuesday.

The restraining order request was filed Monday, days after Manatee County sheriff's deputies were called to the couple's Bradenton home because theywere fighting.

According to a report, the argument was verbal and, "no injuries were observed." The pair were fighting over their upcoming divorce, the reportstated. They are have been married since 1995.

Kimberly Donaghy wrote in court papers that her husband threatened to hit her and abused their four children. She wants to prevent him from seeing thechildren.

"I am scared for myself and my children," Kimberly Donaghy wrote in court papers. "He is going to snap."

Tim Donaghy pleaded guilty last year to charges he conspired to engage in wire fraud and transmitted betting information through interstate commerce. Hefaces a maximum of 25 years in prison when he is sentenced in April.

Donaghy acknowledged he provided NBA betting picks to gambling associates based on inside information. Authorities allege he also bet on games heofficiated.

A woman who answered the phone Friday at the office of Edward Sobel, who is representing Tim Donaghy, said the attorney was unavailable until Monday. A manwho answered the phone at Donaghy's home declined comment. Kimberly Donaghy's attorney did not return phone and e-mail messages.

Kimberly Donaghy wants $2,000 a month in temporary alimony from her husband, and wants a judge to prevent him from coming within 500 feet of thecouple's home, her workplace and the children's schools.

He is crazy....just like making threads at 1:30am or in some cases 4:30am...

news027.jpg

trust me it won't take much effort for him to stay away from her...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0803200...n_bradenton__fla___and_dan_mangan_in_n_y_.htm

damn. hes taking another loss. i bet thats his home too. money wise.

terrible.

i dont know what to say. would the wife lie and beat a man when hes down ?

[h1]Tim Donaghy's wife seeks restraining order against disgraced former NBA referee[/h1]
dyyhard:
news027.jpg
WallyHopp:
damn. hes taking another loss.

I don't know, should we really call that a loss?
nerd.gif
Seems like she might be doing him a favor, like he would just show up in courtand go 'You know, I deserve a restraining order against her, Your Honor. I won't fight that at all. Go ahead and issue it. I should never be allowed tobe within... what?... 100 yards of her? Or should we make it 200? Heck, I'm so dangerous, I probably shouldn't be in the same county as her.'
laugh.gif

I think Tim-May wins in this case. If THATS what he has to stay away from, I don't think he will worry much. But she's tryin to get 2G's and hegets sentenced next month? She wont be gettin anything but his debt...

I think SHE's takin the L on this one fella's.

He can still gamble in his cell block. He may go to a cushy spot too.

Duke is getting their butts handed to them by the way.

^ Why? Cause he was making $200K+ working less than 70 nights a year?

This guy deserves everything coming to him...and i WISH he'd snitch just so I can know for sure that Game 6 of the 02 WCF was actually fixed.
laugh.gif

^ Was he reffing that game?

Or are you just saying that you wish he'd snitch and say that there were definitely other refs in it with him, that way you could believe that 2002 WCFGame 6 was fixed?

The better team won.
wink.gif

nerd.gif

You know I had to.
laugh.gif

I have the game on tape, and I've watched it roughly 3,481 times.

I've never seen a questionable call in that particular game.
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
Nah, I've always said that Sacto fans have a case for that entire series.

Back
Top Bottom