...on retro shoes

- extreme over usage of themes/packs
- new shape of forces
- tongues on dunks that aren't nylon
- small air bubbles
- crappy stiff laces...they don't hang right
- oversaturation
- new nike boxes
- raising retail price on shoes that were developed years ago...part of the retail cost for originals is based on research and development
- leather lining and insoles
- the fact that often times you have to pay more for a "premium" shoe for half decent materials...these "premium" shoes often times haveleather lining and insoles
ohwell.gif

- patent leather on running shoes
- white midsoles that are absolutely impossible to clean
- cracking paint on midsoles after 1 wear

feel free to add on

so your basically saying you dont like inflation...because in reality, inflation is the cause of all of the things you just listed...

Originally Posted by djshabby2005

so your basically saying you dont like inflation...because in reality, inflation is the cause of all of the things you just listed...
Inflation would only be applicable to price hikes. The other stuff is just Nike being dumb.

I hate not seeing people like yourself post. Where have you been hiding?

Don't forget limited production runs of crappy shoes with a higher price to incite hype.

I think you pretty much covered it. The different shades on some colors of IDs are annoying too.

also, when a color or colors on a retro version of the shoe don't really reflect the color or colors on the original pairs

inflation would also cause the price of materials to rise therefore companies will have to settle for all the cheap stuff they have been giving us

If the price of materials are rising from inflation that means they are buying the same materials at a higher price. Therefore you get the same quality shoe,but at a higher price. If the price is increasing and the quality is decreasing, then somebody is getting taken advantage of. That would be us as the consumer,while nike profits from a higher profit margin.

that inflation argument is funny. its not even about that. its really just all about the $$$$. they are making billions revenue wise. more and more every year.god forbid they decline a million for the betterment of their shoes

I believe I've seen an inflation argument on here before and the conclusion was that is it BS partly because of the decreased quality, lack of R&D, andzero advertisement. I haven't even messed with any retros over the last couple of years

Don't forget, colors that were originally released in the U.S. now being released as "Euro" exclusives.

stop being a whiney b@#$% and if you dont like a shoe then simply dont buy it

OWB, change the subject thread to like "Things I don't like about Nike nowadays" -- you will get flamed if you keep it at "Things IDon't Like"

Not to argue but to play quick devil's advocate:
- extreme over usage of themes/packs (people keep buying them)
- new shape of forces (again, people keep buying them)
- tongues on dunks that aren't nylon (who cares?)
- crappy stiff laces...they don't hang right (what!?)
- oversaturation (of what?)
- new nike boxes (I like them changing boxes every other year)
- patent leather on running shoes (not a bad thing; as opposed to faux animal prints?)
- white midsoles that are absolutely impossible to clean (like?)

I agree- it sucks. But lots of you guys buy them anyway.

And for some people that say they should use higher quality materials and take a loss on their profits- They have an obligation to their employees andshareholders to make as much profit as possible.

If you were a shareholder in Nike, and I know some of you guys are- wouldn't you want them to increase profit year after year so you have more money inyour pocket?

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

OWB, change the subject thread to like "Things I don't like about Nike nowadays" -- you will get flamed if you keep it at "Things I Don't Like"

Not to argue but to play quick devil's advocate:
- extreme over usage of themes/packs (people keep buying them)
- new shape of forces (again, people keep buying them)
- tongues on dunks that aren't nylon (who cares?)
- crappy stiff laces...they don't hang right (what!?)
- oversaturation (of what?)
- new nike boxes (I like them changing boxes every other year)
- patent leather on running shoes (not a bad thing; as opposed to faux animal prints?)
- white midsoles that are absolutely impossible to clean (like?)

about the laces, on older pairs of forces all the laces were the same

i don't know if it's because of the "premium" status of some shoes they might have different laces

i don't have a lot of newer forces but pairs i have or had that i know came w/ them are the escape forces (the ones w/ the perforated side panels) and ithink the
'05 easters had them...if you don't tie your shoes up to the top eyelets and tie them so there's some length they just don't hang right w/ thestiffer laces...they stick out to the sides kinda rather than hanging down

oversaturation - don't have to go any further than jordan brand

the midsoles complaint is mild compared to others i listed...if you scuff up or get dirt on the midsoles of bursts or huarache runners you just can'tget them completely white again...and i know shoes are meant to wear...i guess i just listed this one because i know i'd have a hard time finding anotherpair of white/grey/safety orange bursts or white/blue/green huaraches if mine got effed up enough that i felt i needed to replace them w/ new pairs...as timegoes by there's less and less pairs of nikes coming out that i'd be willing to spend my money on

i know Nike maximizes profits to fulfill obligations they have to employees and shareholders...that's not the point of this thread...i just wanted to sharethings i don't like

i also don't like ppl that buy these garbage shoes adding fuel to fire

flame on
devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom