Things to do in LA area around christmas and new years eve?

So I'm going to Los Angeles with my girl during the holidays. We are coming from the Netherlands and it will be our first time over there. I already gotthe Lakers tickets ofcourse, but since it's a big city I would like to plan what we would like to do during our stay over there. So basicly my question iswhat are the most fun things to do during the holidays? Which malls / stores should I visit? What are the best clubs (I'm 22 but my girl is 20)? Are thereany special christmas / new years even events?

Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by k0befomvp

So I'm going to Los Angeles with my girl during the holidays. We are coming from the Netherlands and it will be our first time over there. I already got the Lakers tickets ofcourse, but since it's a big city I would like to plan what we would like to do during our stay over there. So basicly my question is what are the most fun things to do during the holidays? Which malls / stores should I visit? What are the best clubs (I'm 22 but my girl is 20)? Are there any special christmas / new years even events?

Thanks in advance!

LA Live (Hit up Yardhouse, ESPN Zone)
Beverly Center
Downtown Pasadena (Shops, clubs, and restaurants)
Hollywood Strip (lots to do there)
CityWalk at Universal Studios

Go to the La Brea/Fairfax area... hit up all the shops (Undftd, Stussy, Union, Flightclub, The Hundreds, Supreme, blah blah)

When you're around that area you can go check out The Grove which is nice around Christmas.

It depends...are you looking to do the tourist thing where you take pictures of Hollywood stars and such or do you want to do as the locals do? Either way theGrove is pretty overrated save for the Farmer's Market imo

on NYE in Downtown Long Beach Redbull is sponsoring a block party where Travis Pastrana is going to jump the pine st. peir onto a barge over water...

Originally Posted by justdoNIKES

on NYE in Downtown Long Beach Redbull is sponsoring a block party where Travis Pastrana is going to jump the pine st. peir onto a barge over water...

wha?

Since when is there a pier in long beach? Unless you mean the short one in belmont which is nowhere near downtown

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by justdoNIKES

wha?

Since when is there a pier in long beach? Unless you mean the short one in belmont which is nowhere near downtown

[h2]Travis Pastrana To Break World Record @ The Pike New Years Eve[/h2] [h3]16 October 2009[/h3]

BARGING INTO 2010 - RED BULL: NEW YEAR. NO LIMITS.

Action Sports Icon Travis Pastrana Aims to Shatter World Record for Longest Distance Jump in a Rally Car

On New Yearâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Eve, Live at The Pike in Long Beach on ESPN

Santa Monica, Calif. (October 15, 2009) â€" With four consecutive Rally America championships, nine X Games gold medals, the first double backflip on a motorcycle and a hit television series under his belt, it is safe to say that Travis Pastrana has reached the pinnacle of his career â€" and yet heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon. In fact, on New Yearâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Eve at Red Bull: New Year. No Limits., the action sports superstar will step on the accelerator and ring in 2010 by adding yet another jaw-dropping feat to his already impressive resume: the world record for longest distance jump in a rally car. Add a healthy dose of the Pacific Ocean to clear, and now you have a party!

Red Bull: New Year. No Limits. will be televised live on ESPN/ESPN HD on Thursday, December 31, immediately following the Chick-Fil-A Bowl (approx. 11:00 p.m. ET / 8:00 p.m. PT). Viewing of Pastranaâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s jump will be free to the thousands of revelers in downtown Long Beach.

“Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m looking forward to being part of Red Bull: New Year. No Limits.,â€

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

so it's at the pike and not this "pier"

got it.

i think that technically its a pier. you know like where that seafood restaurant is and what not. it is made out ofwood
laugh.gif

so we're talking about shoreline village? I'm just confused. I mean ask any local, the closest pier is Redondo unless they know about the one on 2ndstreet in Belmont

Alright thanks for the responses!

What about the clubs? Im 22 but my girl is 20, is there a big chance she will get denied access? If thats the case, what are some good 18+ clubs?

I need 21+ NYE plans that dont involve Vegas.

nerd.gif

I'm tryna hit the club for 50 and under or Open Bar 100 and under.
Help me Out

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I need 21+ NYE plans that dont involve Vegas.

nerd.gif

I'm tryna hit the club for 50 and under or Open Bar 100 and under.
Help me Out

Siren Studios on Sunset has $100 pre sale for open bar. Hosted by Iverson, Mekhi Phifer, and Claudia Jordan and I think Doug E. Fresh is performing. Looks sickbut not my style.

Back
Top Bottom