Things you want but would never buy. Vol.White Elephant

Hey NT, I'm doing a white elephant with some buddies and need some ideas on what to get. I think the limit is around $30 - $40 or so.

What are some things that you would want but would never go out of your way or pay for yourself.

I feel this is an opportunity to purchase items that normally I wouldn't be able to justify.

What do you think?

Something for $30-40 that I want but can't justify the price?

1. "Premium" haircut from one of the barbershops in the rich part of town. Every time I drive out there to experience it, I remember I'm paying almost 30 bucks with tip and just go to my usual spot

2. Synthetic oil for my 04 Camry. I want to try it and see if it is that much better, but always just end up getting conventional.

3. Nice leather belt. I'm rocking the same Dickie's belt that I got when I used to work at Mervyns in 2008 before they filled for bankruptcy. Got it for $10 and it has served me really well, the leather is so soft. However now that I'm older I can't be rocking it to formal occasions and need a new one

socks, underwear, t-shirts

Uhhh, k?
Something for $30-40 that I want but can't justify the price?

1. "Premium" haircut from one of the barbershops in the rich part of town. Every time I drive out there to experience it, I remember I'm paying almost 30 bucks with tip and just go to my usual spot

2. Synthetic oil for my 04 Camry. I want to try it and see if it is that much better, but always just end up getting conventional.

3. Nice leather belt. I'm rocking the same Dickie's belt that I got when I used to work at Mervyns in 2008 before they filled for bankruptcy. Got it for $10 and it has served me really well, the leather is so soft. However now that I'm older I can't be rocking it to formal occasions and need a new one

It's not a lot of money, but imagine spending $40 on a star wars cup that lights up or something.

I guess things I have in mind are all the cool weird nick nacks on thinkgeek.com

i wouldn't pay for that stuff because I don't essentially need it, but for the occasion, why not sort of speak.

Last edited:
Go to $5 and Below and buy a scarf and a novelty T-Shirt. That is something SOMEONE in that group is willing to take

yo!!!!  
roll.gif

that high mileage synthetic? 

Wth is white elephant?

And since I'm already asking..

Wth is "dab"? Or "dabbing"?

Wth is "on fleek"?

Is the weekend one person? or is it a group?

Why does that ty dolla sign guy look like he's 50?

White elephant is a Christmas exchange where everyone brings a gift

And everyone picks a number. The first person picks a gift. And every number thereafter can either pick a new gift or steal another gift that has been picked before. Usually when I do White Elephants, we limit the # of steals on a gift to 2 steals. It's really really fun.

Last edited:
Wth is white elephant?

It's like a Christmas game where you trade mystery gifts.

And since I'm already asking..

Wth is "dab"? Or "dabbing"?
Vaporizing concentrated marijuana extract

Wth is "on fleek"?
On point

Is the weekend one person? or is it a group?
One dude

Why does that ty dolla sign guy look like he's 50?
Probably because he doesn't look that big but has a big head.

Last edited:
I think he asking about dabbin' the term/dance popularized by Migos.

Basically a synonym for swag, swaggin'. It's when your swag is all the way one hunnid.

And the Weeknd = Abel Tesfaye. One dude.

Last edited:
How the hell did secret Santa turn into white elephant?

Back
Top Bottom