Think a filipino will make the nba in our lifetime?

well, only time will tell. someone will make it soon.

there used to be this guy named "benny agbayani" part of the 2000 new york mets who played in the world series. baseball nga lang.

i can't wait for the day when a flip plays in the NFL..
Team Philippines
Member No.80

^I think chances are higher that a flip will make the nba first.
4815162342​
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
Anthony, Blake, Camby, Diawara, Evans, Iverson, Johnson, Kleiza, Martin, Najera, Nen, Sampson, Smith​

Im pretty sure Gian Chiu will make it as a pro... its just that its here in the PBA not in the NBA. Gian was from Xavier School. Ateneo recruited him for high school and so he went... his family wasn't satisfied with the development so they decided to bring him to the USA

When he left for the USA, he was at 6'7. i know him personally and i hope he doesn't let things get into his head because medyo naging mayabang eh. He has aspirations to play in the NBA but man, the only way he makes it is IF he grows another 8 inches.

Some of the 6'8 players in the NBA: Lebron James, Kobe Bryant... i don't ever see Gian being 1/4 as athletic as these guys.

damn straight kobe beef....asa pa yan makaNBA no offense to that TANK they call Gian Chiu

noli locsin pang NBA tankeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ahahahhaha
TEAM TANKEEEEEEEE #91

Quote:
i can't wait for the day when a flip plays in the NFL..

Quote:
^I think chances are higher that a flip will make the nba first.
ing qb 1960 -70s,isa sa pinakamabangis na qb nung time nya"

:pimp:
pimp.gif
8)
glasses.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
8)
glasses.gif
Team Philippines
Member No.58

eto pa iba....same source ehehe

"eto pa ibang pinoy fil- ams sa nfl.mlb kaya lang wikipedia ang source medyo minsan ala akong tiwala dun,

TEDDY BRUSCHI nfl patriots( eto sigurado, nainterview pa ang mga kamag anak nito sa tfc nun eh, nanay pinoy)

EUGENE AMANO nfl titans(born in manila)us navy ang tatay, nurse nanay ewan kung pinoy pero mahilig daw sya sa pinoy foods(baka 100%pinoy to),

CHRIS AGUILA mlb pirates(di ko sigurado)

BOBBY CHOUINARD mlb(born in manila rin) di rin sigurado ,

BOBBY BALCENA mlb kung tunay na pinoy eh malamang sya ang una kasi 1950 pa eh(dedbol na)

pero kasi di naman sila katulad nina APL saka BATISTA na pinagsisigawan oi pango ako kaya ewan"
Team Philippines
Member No.58

^ :wow:
eek.gif
Quote:
I think chances are higher that a flip will make the nba first.
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
Anthony, Blake, Camby, Diawara, Evans, Iverson, Johnson, Kleiza, Martin, Najera, Nen, Sampson, Smith​

remember the Quick Brown Fox?
Ricky Brown who played for Great Taste and San Miguel...
apparently he was drafted by an NBA team in 1979 but never played.

Fil-Am Raymond Townsend who resides here in NorCal ( San Jose ) played for the Warriors & Pacers during the late 70s and early 80s...

link to the article...

Quote:
Filipinos love this game
Tracking Philippine league veterans in NBA

In Asia, only China and Japan has sent players to the NBA. Yao Ming, Mengke Batere and Wang Zhizhi of China and Yuta Tabuse of Japan are in the record books as the Asian pioneers in the majors. The Philippines, a hoops hotbed in the Far East, has yet to send a player to the NBA although a US-born half-Filipino, half-American guard Raymond Townsend saw action for the Golden State Warriors in 1978-79 and 1979-80 and the Indiana Pacers in 1981-82.er four years later. He was the Warriors first round pick in the 1978 draft. Among his UCLA teammates were Marques Johnson, Jamaal Wilkes, Richard Washington, Roy Hamilton, Dave Greenwood, Kiki Vandeweghe and Darrel Allums, all of whom played in the NBA.
In July 1980, Townsend flew to Manila in a sentimental homecoming accompanied by his family. He came with his mother Virginia Marella from Balayan, Batangas. a Philippine province in southern Luzon. father Ray, Sr., brother Kurtis (former University of Michigan assistant coach), three sisters and several NBA players including Wilkes, Cliff Ray, Derrick Dickey and Greg Lee. Townsend and his companion cagers played a series of exhibitions in Manila, Olongapo and Cebu.
In 1993, Townsend returned to Manila, looking for basketball opportunities. He tried to play in the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA), Asia's first professional hoop league (established in 1975), but at 37, found no takers.
Another half-Filipino, half-American player Ricardo Brown of Pepperdine University was picked by the Houston Rockets on the third round of the 1979 draft but never got to play in the NBA.Through the years, the PBA has been a haven for American players looking to hone their skills and enjoy the hospitality of basketball-crazy Filipinos. Former Detroit Piston Norman Black of St. Joseph's University played 10 years in the PBA and has settled down in Manila with his Filipina wife Benjie and their three children. Playground legend, ex-Portland Trail Blazer and Nike endorser Billy Ray Bates is widely considered the greatest American import ever to see action in the PBA. Other imports who had outstanding PBA careers were NBA veterans Tony Harris, Chris King, Henry James and Larry McNeill.
For the record, 38 NBA first round picks have played in the PBA. The list includes Glenn McDonald, the late George Trapp, Otto Moore, the late Anthony Roberts, Larry Demic, Howard Carter, Rob Williams, Don Collins, Michael Young, Freeman Williams, Ennis Whatley, Wes Matthews, Mike McGee, Mitchell Wiggins, Dennis Hopson, Byron Houston, Johnny Taylor, Chris Morris, Leon Wood (now an NBA referee) and Scott Burrell.
Most imports who play in the PBA are American. Exceptions include Julius Nwosu of Nigeria, Leon Trimmingham of the Virgin Islands, Andy Thompson of the Bahamas (who now works for the NBA) and Stewart Granger of Canada.
Not too many fans know that former Washington guard Kevin Porter ended his playing career in the PBA in 1983.

wow. very good info mr pinoy baller. thanks.

Team Philippines
Member No.80

Gian Chiu?
from what i know he's asking if he can go back here. yun na lang. marami pa sana pero hindi ako anonymous dito (bistado ako sa email add ko).

oo posible siguro kung yung mga AMPAW at ga-TOOTHPICK TUMALON nating mga mapoPORMAng pba player ay ganito na ang intensity ng paglalaro hahaha

73690615tl021ncaamensbanc3.jpg

ok let's go scientific... its possible if he's parents are both black(no disrespect)... drank alot of yohoo and grew into a 7 foot leaper... wears jordan shoes(wohoo NT)... payed 30,000 a month in college to play ball.... hmmm that's a great possibility.... other than that NO!!! or except they decide to retrain johnny abarientos again..... PROBABLY!!!

Quote:
oo posible siguro kung yung mga AMPAW at ga-TOOTHPICK TUMALON nating mga mapoPORMAng pba player ay ganito na ang intensity ng paglalaro hahaha

Kagaya din ng mga non-pros. Hindi na nga makalaro sa hindi tablang court dahil baka masira ang mga mamahaling sapatos e. At syempre, kumpleto pa din ng gears at kung anu-anong benda kahit walang mga pilay!!
wink.gif

Pwera lang kung naglalaro din sa bilaran ng palay...

[size=+2]

sapatos yan, hindi trophy
[size=+1](Team [/size][size=+1]Back[/size] [size=+1]Spasms)[/size]

[/size]

hahaha tama ka dyan tol .

ubod ng yayabang at poporma ng mga kumag nating pros & non-pro players dito ,
akala mo naman kung sinong magagaling , feeling nyo lang yun ,
sa NCAA teams na nga lang ng USA baka mangamote pa kayo eh
kaya tigil nyo na yang kahibangan nyo na "feeling" magaling daw kuno kayo .

oo siguro magaling nga kayo ...... "magaling" lang sa "porma" mga wala namang binatbat .

mjdking tama lhat snabi mo...mga porma lng mga players ntin khit nsa college sila ncaa o uaap..feeling nla mgagaling pnta nlng kyo sa iraq at mgpkamatay sa mga arabo...kyong mga pba players talunin nyo muna ang china bgo kyo mgyabang or else kiss the commisioner's puwit....kung ano ang laro nila nuon hanggang ngayon parehas pa rin...WLANG ASENSO...MARLOU AQUINO ALLERGIC MGWEIGHTS,ESPINO SLOW FOOTED prang my semento ang paa,rico villanueva bonjing pinapatulan lng ang mga small players...cardona just kiss franz pumaren's puwit not flying kiss to him everytime you connect on a crucial shot...

When I say "non-pros" I am referring to the real non-pros - "us". All we do is talk bad about others yet most of us cannot even get past inter-color leagues.
tired.gif

[size=+2]

sapatos yan, hindi trophy
[size=+1](Team [/size][size=+1]Back[/size] [size=+1]Spasms)[/size]

[/size]

oo nga parekoy , hinde na lang kasi natin aminin mga pinoy

na hinde talaga para sa atin ang larong basketball

basta kung sino man makakapasok na pinoy na yan sa nba... wag lang bumalik sa pinas at tumakbong congressman ha!!!! hehehehe

Back
Top Bottom