Thinking about becoming a Bartenders

As title says im looking for a gig that pays relatively well while im in grad school. i figure since my schedule is gear more so to being open on the weekends, bartending would work great in that time slot. my question is, how long does it take to get license? How much do bartenders get paid, and overall how is this job (benefits/stress levels/perks/etc)

^
laugh.gif

apply to be a barback somewhere. don't get a license or any of that bs. be a barback and work your way up. it's really the only way. you will not get a bartending job with no experience.

apply to be a barback somewhere. don't get a license or any of that bs. be a barback and work your way up. it's really the only way. you will not get a bartending job with no experience.
fareal...

I had a homey... worked 8 nights a month...

Made about $1500 a month... enough to pay rent and get food

He's been doing it for years though...

It helps if you're a good looking dude, or chick that's... "smart"...

I thought about it, but ut would take a some time to get used to it, and I'm not into yhr night scene...

Also, its going to be awhile before you get into a nice spot that pays well... unless you know a bartender that can get you in.

I made a thread about cooking food plates next to the club a few months back...they bring home the PAPER...

But it can only be done in the right setting ...

Fish plates >> bartender ...

You can also valet park... I hear that's a cool side hustle

My friend got a bartending license and did some flairing lessons, cost her about $3K for the classes :smh:

Before we graduated she used to bartend for college parties and only got paid in tips... made about an average of $150-300 a night which is pretty good for college students tipping

If your good and have some experience with correct pours, making drinks, a great personality, etc......you could just apply to one of the many places hiring bartenders on craigslist and go in there and roll with it.

Restaurants have a high turnover and new restaraunts are always popping up looking to staff up.

Either wait tables/cocktail server/barback your way into a bartender or just find some place that is desperate and will give you a shot to learn on the fly.

Back
Top Bottom