Third look/Comparison CDP IV vs '99 Retro

good comparison...makes me really not want to buy them now. i wanna check them out though

nice video/ those are copped no matter wut
roll.gif

Iam starting to have second thoughts on these and that video makes me want to buy 99 retros more but dont want to pay 400+ for them and the talk on if you wearthem they crumble.

I appreciate my 99s alot more now I'm deff wearin them till the wheels fall off. Its seems that JBs retros are just getting more and more like variantswhen they used to stand out alot more and now variants are catching up to JB so things is crazy now.

SneakGeekz, good job showing the differences between the different models of the IVs. You have to get credit for that since NO ONE ELSE is doing whatyou're doing with the vids. So Big ups there.

The only negative thing I can say is there are a lot of "umms" used. You said you wanted constructive criticism, so that would be an area of focus towork on. But seriously, you always do a good job so I give you props, man. Thanks. It's much appreciated!

Damn some people here are amazingly rude. The dude went through all the trouble of coppin a pair of 99s to do a comparison video and all people can do iscomment on how many times he sas umm? Why dont you all get on camera and start making these videos?
Anyway, thanks for the vid SneakGeeks. Amazing job pointing out the differences. The two are like night and day.

Thanks for the video comparsion.... Those 08 are decent and wearable... The 99's where made with better and thicker leather. The only downside to the99's were the white part of midsole would get dirty so easily. After, the mids were dirty it was no returning from that, but that was basically true forall jordan and nikes of that particular era. Personally, like I the midsole of the 06 IV's and 07 III better because of the easy up keep, but everythingelse JB did cut back of quality of materials.........

I don't know what you guys are waiting on, Ebay has a full size run.

930d_1.JPG

and they have for the last 8 or 9 years. $59 how can you beat that?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jumpman623

Gotta love that slanted toebox of the '99!!! Too bad they changed the shape. Thanks for the video!
Thats one thing that I still cant understand to this day. Why did the toe box change. It has happened on a lot of shoes. The II's are the worst. They changed it on the V's as well. It has happened on alot of Nike shoes too.

I dont see how JB can look at this shoe and be proud of it, along with most other retros that have come out. They are a joke and an insult to all the greathistory of MJ. Amazing what money can do.

Originally Posted by El Bro

Originally Posted by jumpman623

Gotta love that slanted toebox of the '99!!! Too bad they changed the shape. Thanks for the video!
Thats one thing that I still cant understand to this day. Why did the toe box change. It has happened on a lot of shoes. The II's are the worst. They changed it on the V's as well. It has happened on alot of Nike shoes too.

I dont see how JB can look at this shoe and be proud of it, along with most other retros that have come out. They are a joke and an insult to all the great history of MJ. Amazing what money can do.
i'm almost with el bro on this one...i dont understand why they are changing the shape of the shoe......i'm not going to go as far as to saythe retro's are jokes and an insult...but i'm definitely a little upset that they changed the shape... if it were me..i'd just make the shoe as itwas originally released....if you want to tinker with materials or logos ... i guess that's jb's choice...but why change the shape?

Originally Posted by iKONstar

squint your eyes and you got the same shoe. the differences aren't that big of a deal. the glossy netting does look cleaner though.

"the differences arent that big of a deal"....?!?!? Jb just butchered what could of been one of the hottest, most anticipated releases of theyear.. How is that not a big deal?

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by NeptunesFinest

Damn some people here are amazingly rude. The dude went through all the trouble of coppin a pair of 99s to do a comparison video and all people can do is comment on how many times he sas umm? Why dont you all get on camera and start making these videos?
Anyway, thanks for the vid SneakGeeks. Amazing job pointing out the differences. The two are like night and day.

It felt like he got dissed in the last post about the retro IVs (he kept comparing to hs laser IVs,saying he doesn't have the 99's), and now hewent and copped a pair....seems like he's doing it not for himself, na I mean?

Like GangStarr's track title "Just to get a Rep".....

school me on the shape of these shoes, whats the reason for the hate? the only thing i notice the 99s are more flat, like the toe box connects to the tongue,the 08 has the toe box then it slants up.

Back
Top Bottom