::This dude Gilbert must be joining The Police Academy::

Sources: Arenas owned several hundred guns
January 13, 2010 - 1:27pm

(Copyright 2009 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
WASHINGTON - As a grand jury continues to hear the details of the gun incident involving Gilbert Arenas, WTOP has learned the Washington Wizards' star has -- at times -- owned several hundred guns.

Multiple sources tell WTOP that Arenas moved those weapons out of his Virginia home within the past year, long before the incident at the Verizon Center.

By all accounts, the guns in Arenas' collection were legally owned, yet it's unclear how many he actually owned or still owns.

Arenas has told investigators and the NBA about the collection, sources say.

Arenas said he brought four guns to the Verizon Center because he wanted them out of his house after his daughter was born. But two officials within the league who have been briefed on the investigation have said he incident stemmed from a dispute over card-playing gambling debts and a heated discussion in the locker room with teammate Javaris Crittenton.

Arenas said in a statement on Jan. 4 that he took unloaded guns from his locker in a "misguided effort to play a joke" on a teammate.

The guns turned over to police include a so-called 'Dirty Harry Revolver' and a gold-plated Desert Eagle -- which is so big and has such a powerful recoil -- no law enforcement agency uses them.

Attorney Ken Wainstein would not comment on the number of guns in the collection, but repeated Arenas is cooperating in the investigation.

Members of the Wizards organization are still being interviewed by authorities.

My man Gilbert looking like Sgt.Tackleberry out here in DC.

roll.gif

Spoiler [+]
Must've prestiged in Call of Duty:
20080813030211!Gold_Desert_Eagle.jpg

My-T.

ADIDAS just ended his contract! HE AIN'T NO TIGER! I tell you sad sad..

Back
Top Bottom