This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
madrid lose again. 
nerd.gif

this same thing happened to barca

after the streak ended our play went down

we had a 12 point la liga lead and madrid ending up almost catching us and we won by 1 point. 

i think it's just mentally exhausting to be unbeaten for that long. 

Last edited:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bruh that new logo is HORRIBLE on a shirt. Worse than I imagined

Last edited:
Hope bleek flourishes... apparently there was no buy back clause in the contract (saw multiple journos say their illegal in France?)

Also if we can't blaim pep for failing to adapt can we blaim him for ignoring his fullbacks, reducing the squad to 3 CB (a team that's in 4 different competitions and 1 of those 3 being constantly injured), and the only cmf he brings in also has a known injury problem.. his recruiting was horrible, especially for someone who knew he was coming in 6-12 months before taking over. If he and city fans are gonna play the "it's not his team still" card then he needs to be at fault for it not being his team.

Hope bleek flourishes... apparently there was no buy back clause in the contract (saw multiple journos say their illegal in France?)

Also if we can't blaim pep for failing to adapt can we blaim him for ignoring his fullbacks, reducing the squad to 3 CB (a team that's in 4 different competitions and 1 of those 3 being constantly injured), and the only cmf he brings in also has a known injury problem.. his recruiting was horrible, especially for someone who knew he was coming in 6-12 months before taking over. If he and city fans are gonna play the "it's not his team still" card then he needs to be at fault for it not being his team.
1. he has been trying to adapt things just haven't worked because of some of the players in the squad

2. It's was his first transfer window with us, he's not gonna be able to make it his team in one summer window with all the dead weight on the squad. City have ignored the fullback issue for a while before him as well.

Last edited:
Never realized how favorably Griezmann's goal scoring record at Atleti was compared to other great no. 9's they've had in recent years

View media item 2303963
Think he'd be worthy of the no.7...:nerd:

Last edited:
30 plus goals in all comps so far this yr too... i've wanted him since the real sociedad days

1. he has been trying to adapt things just haven't worked because of some of the players in the squad

2. It's was his first transfer window with us, he's not gonna be able to make it his team in one summer window with all the dead weight on the squad. City have ignored the fullback issue for a while before him as well.

I get what your saying and i wouldnt expect it to be completed in one window.. but like you said if city have had a fullback issue for years, why wasnt it something that him and txiki addressed instantly? Bringing in another MF should have also been high on that priority list..This was poor management on his end for sure... I would be curious to look back at his transfer record and see how well he's invested in the past.. I feel like he has a track record of bad transfers.

another thing i find worrying is he still doesnt know his best 11.. more than half way through the season and he still doesnt know

I dont want this to come across the wrong way either.. im sure if you went back in any of the past seasons threads you would see how highly I rate pep.. and at the very least I think city need a new DOF.. i think txiki has done very poorly on transitioning this team through managers/players.

Last edited:

I get what your saying and i wouldnt expect it to be completed in one window.. but like you said if city have had a fullback issue for years, why wasnt it something that him and txiki addressed instantly? Bringing in another MF should have also been high on that priority list..This was poor management on his end for sure... I would be curious to look back at his transfer record and see how well he's invested in the past.. I feel like he has a track record of bad transfers.

another thing i find worrying is he still doesnt know his best 11.. more than half way through the season and he still doesnt know

I dont want this to come across the wrong way either.. im sure if you went back in any of the past seasons threads you would see how highly I rate pep.. and at the very least I think city need a new DOF.. i think txiki has done very poorly on transitioning this team through managers/players.
They did try to target some fullbacks this past summer it just didn't work out. For example they did target a fullback this past window in Bruno Peres which I would have loved but for some reason talks fell through and he ended up going to Roma. Another MF wouldn't of hurt I agree with that I think Garcia should get more mintues especially now with Gundo out he is first team ready IMO.

And when it comes to the best 11 I think he does now it. it would be the 11 we lined up against Barca in Manchester (minus Bravo and Kompany). There are three main reason's it's been hard to field the same lineup week in and week out.is because of injuries Sane has missed games from knocks, Sterling a few, Sagna and Stones as well just recently Fernando has a knock now too, Gundogan is done for the season and Kompany is in and out of the line up from injury as well. Second reason is because of Discipline Aguero and Fernandinho are important players and they have been fool's this season on the pitch both missing a good amount of games and its hurt the team. Third is our fullbacks are old and need to be rotated otherwise they would be burnt out quick. put all that together throughout the season and it shows why its been hard to have the same 11 out there at least 90% of the time.

The Txiki i'm 50/50 on right now. signings like Bony, Mangala, Delph and Jovetic are head scratchers but at the same time he signed Sterling, KDB, Fernandinho are all engines to the team now. Even Negredo was a smart one he contributed a lot to the last title winning team we had. And most importantly we wouldn't have Pep without him and I would rather have Pep than not have him. He has done some good and some bad.

Last edited:
i still aint buying his adapting because he's willing to play multiple formations.. he did that at bayern as well..

If he still doesnt have the right players to play his type of football, then why doesnt he ADAPT his style to his current team? Why insist on playing out the back when your GK and CB's seem to be really nervous on the ball? Why play such a highline when you have aging fullbacks and two slow CBs that constantly leave you exposed to the counter and your missing your engine in midfield who can get back and cover them...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom