This Frank Ocean still goes hard.....*Official Thread*

Originally Posted by yungdeadmike

Frank Ocean suprised me, I dismiss alot of r&b because its all superficial, and over produced. I aint been excited about a R&B artist since I heard Miguel's Sure Thing back in '09.

Frank actually reminds me of Miguel for some reason, anybody agree? or is it just me? 

Frank does belong in OF because he says whatever the **** he wants too 
pimp.gif

YES. Frank reminds me a lot of Miguel, in that their albums (mixtape in Frank's case) had a very non-mainstream R&B feel, kind of like alternative R&B if that makes any sense. Many of Miguel's songs off his album had a lot of electric guitar and funky synths, and on Nostalgia, Ultra Frank Ocean used many non R&B instrumentals/beats and made them his own imo.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Finally listened to Novacane, dude has potential. However, I can't hear the song the same after Joey went at Esther on it
laugh.gif
Gon d/l his mixtape.

You screwed yourself over then cause Frank's version >*

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Finally listened to Novacane, dude has potential. However, I can't hear the song the same after Joey went at Esther on it
laugh.gif
Gon d/l his mixtape.

You screwed yourself over then cause Frank's version >*

Dude's music finally hit the radio a couple days ago (at least in socal or has he already been out?)

They played Novacane, but it felt like a teaser for the listeners.

Dude's music finally hit the radio a couple days ago (at least in socal or has he already been out?)

They played Novacane, but it felt like a teaser for the listeners.

Back
Top Bottom