this guy mr. stern smh

damn, after the news piece a few years ago that im sure the NBA was behind. Stupid.

smh
smh.gif

stern makes me sick

I usually don't agree with Stern, but if it was my league, I would ban it too. It's a safety issue. IF something ever were to happen to Caron he could sue the hell out of Stern. But does that mean they can't chew gum either?

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

I usually don't agree with Stern, but if it was my league, I would ban it too. It's a safety issue. IF something ever were to happen to Caron he could sue the hell out of Stern. But does that mean they can't chew gum either?
How would Caron be able to sue the league if he choked. Thats like saying I could sue my job for getting struck by lightning because I went outside in a suit or armor in the lighting storm.

Is it a safety issue? Sure, but he been doing it for years and its not like this is the first time its come out that he does this. Why mess up a guys ritual when it isnt bothering anyone and if he chooses to take the risk of choking then let the man be.

Sterns just mad he doesnt chew on NBA branded straws (watch them come out with some just so Stern can try to make money off this). Wasnt Under Armor stuff banned too until magically they came out with NBA branded under armor for the players to wear. I would bet money that stern just tight that hes promoting McDonalds and Burger King and he cant profit from that.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

I blame the media...he's been doing it for years, and in the last month i've seen it on sportscenter and an article in Maxim...

I just think Stern has it out for anything Wizards related: Arenas/Crittenton/Butler. Watch out Jamison, you're in Cleveland, but don't even trip when you get your next technical foul!

I swear the casual sports fan doesnt understand that the NBA is still a business.

Ive got no problem with this.

All I'm saying is if your running with ANYTHING in your mouth and you collide chest to chest with a player, all of a sudden that straw/object is down your throat.

laugh.gif
this is the same guy who was downing bottles of Mountain Dew during games too

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

All I'm saying is if your running with ANYTHING in your mouth and you collide chest to chest with a player, all of a sudden that straw/object is down your throat.
*Pause*

J/P, I see what you sayin but I also dont think it should be up to the league. People chew on all sorts of stuff while they play to keep nerves down. Ive seen Mouth guards, gum, paper, rubber bands, little pieces of the lid for the McD's cups. All of which could easily get lodged in your throat. I just think if it doesnt pose a threat to any other players on the court/hurt the League's image than why ban that. Especially when its something the guy has been doing since he got in the league. And now all of a sudden you disapprove of it.

Anything can happen with Stern, but straws?
laugh.gif

I mean, these are grown up men. Would they really choke on straws?

Back
Top Bottom