This is the pitcher the Yankees/Mets should offer a contract to when the time comes....

capt.5832136f81e144169c96566ba783b089.mets_nationals_baseball_nat108.jpg

Bring him back home to NY....

I believe he's currently on a one year deal w. the Nats....this dude is the GOODS. He could be signed to a modest contract, and I'm sure he'd wantto get out of DC....

Do both teams really need front end starters though? I think he'd be a solid, cheap and reliable 3 or 4 with the Yankees and a solid 3 for the Mets andthey could both still try and go after front end aces. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't he put up decent #'s against the NL East so far? Metswould do good to try and throw a multi-year deal at him.

I'm just basing my opinion of SC/MLB.com highlights, haven't actually sat down and watched a full game of his.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Meh... He's not an ace...

Definitely not, but I don't think anyone will argue that. He's super consistent and can be a perfect #3 or 4 starter on a contending team.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Meh... He's not an ace...
You get no argument from me....but (from the Yankees perspective), imagine him pitching behind Sabathia, Burnett, and Joba....that's as goodas a #4 as you'd find around...come to think of it, he COULD be the #3 ahead of Joba.....

I think you're gonna end up paying front-end rotation money for a guy that isn't a front-end pitcher though...

Average stuff, no put-away pitch, damn near a 1:1 K/BB ratio, BAA sitting at .270 this year...
sick.gif

The guy will NOT translate to the American League, and for damn sure not the AL East...

In the National League? OK, but I still think he's gonna demand far more cash than guys like him are worth...

John Lannan 7-7 3.25 so far this year. Throw out one start against Houston and this is a pretty solid 10 start stretch...

[table][tr][td]10 Game Log[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DATE[/td] [td]OPP[/td] [td]RESULT[/td] [td]IP[/td] [td]H[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]ER[/td] [td]HR[/td] [td]BB[/td] [td]SO[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]FB[/td] [td]TBF[/td] [td]#Pit[/td] [td]Dec.[/td] [td]Rel.[/td] [td]ERA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]07/26[/td] [td]SD[/td] [td]W 3-2[/td] [td]8.0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]3.25[/td] [/tr][tr][td]07/21[/td] [td]NYM[/td] [td]W 4-0[/td] [td]9.0[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]106[/td] [td]W(7-7)[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]3.38[/td] [/tr][tr][td]07/16[/td] [td]CHC[/td] [td]L 2-6[/td] [td]6.2[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]106[/td] [td]L(6-7)[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]3.64[/td] [/tr][tr][td]07/09[/td] [td]@HOU[/td] [td]L 4-9[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]96[/td] [td]L(6-6)[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]3.70[/td] [/tr][tr][td]07/04[/td] [td]ATL[/td] [td]W 5-3[/td] [td]8.0[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]98[/td] [td]W(6-5)[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]3.45[/td] [/tr][tr][td]06/28[/td] [td]@BAL[/td] [td]W 5-3[/td] [td]7.1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]102[/td] [td]W(5-5)[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]3.46[/td] [/tr][tr][td]06/23[/td] [td]BOS[/td] [td]L 3-11[/td] [td]6.1[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]109[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]3.44[/td] [/tr][tr][td]06/17[/td] [td]@NYY[/td] [td]W 3-2[/td] [td]8.1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]108[/td] [td]W(4-5)[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]3.38[/td] [/tr][tr][td]06/11[/td] [td]CIN[/td] [td]W 3-2[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]88[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]3.51[/td] [/tr][tr][td]06/06[/td] [td]NYM[/td] [td]W 7-1[/td] [td]9.0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]96[/td] [td]W(3-5)[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]3.68[/td] [/tr][/table]

i agree he's OK but when you're striking out < 3 in every start, in the National League, its not THAT impressive what you're doing

He's a local guy, he's a lefty, but other than that I don't know about him in the AL East, speaking as a yankee fan

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

this thread is tomfoolery at its finest. Lannan isn't going anywhere. to all the haters, Lannan doesn't have electric stuff, but my man is a master onthe mound.

Strasburg
Lannan
Zimmermann

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Average stuff, no put-away pitch, damn near a 1:1 K/BB ratio, BAA sitting at .270 this year...
sick.gif

The guy will NOT translate to the American League, and for damn sure not the AL East...
Spot-on.

Originally Posted by JaysForDays

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

this thread is tomfoolery at its finest. Lannan isn't going anywhere. to all the haters, Lannan doesn't have electric stuff, but my man is a master on the mound.

Strasburg

Lannan
Zimmermann

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif

we'll see if that even happens....

and what makes you think that Lannan would stay in DC? Look at the deal a bum like Oliver Perez got w. the Mets....Lannan is gonna get an offer from a morecompetitive team, and bolt from the Nats....

besides...I thought u weren't a fan since Dukes got DFA...

Mets would be a great spot for Lannan...Queens is a hop, skip, and a jump from Long Beach....and they will throw more money in his face than the Nats...

Back
Top Bottom