This is why the bible and other religious texts had to be written by scorned MALES

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

laugh.gif
This being depicted by legos makes it priceless.
   The website's kinda sad actually
ohwell.gif
Just looking at the pics before clicking on any other story, they're so dope
laugh.gif
and hey man some works of fiction are sad. Lets ignore the fact that there's an absurd amount of ppl who believe those things literally happened.

I haven't been to the website in a while but you see the one about Sodom and Gomorrah?
laugh.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Murda He

Yes, I'm aware he'll reply to this with something witty and sharp, complete with a
laugh.gif
or
roll.gif
, just like women do when their feelings get hurt. It's sad.

Your disgusting hypocrisy has succeeded in making me legitimately angry on an internet message board. Congratulations.

Yes, I'm aware he'll reply to this with something witty and sharp, complete with a
laugh.gif
or
roll.gif

Your disgusting hypocrisy has succeeded in making me legitimately angry on an internet message board. Congratulations.

And so all the atheists high fived in agreement with each other... and it was good.

I hate these threads.
And yet you read and post in them. Every. Single. Time.

Threads like this are good for NT because they might, hopefully encourage whoever is reading to actually think for themselves, instead of just believing whatever his or her parents forced onto them. And this is something that a lot of people are actually passionate about, including myself. I used to be a Christian, even years into my NT posting career. I have been on the other side of these arguments. Somewhere along the way I actually stopped and did REAL RESEARCH, looking at the facts and really breaking down my beliefs. And don't act like this is some kind of NT anomaly, people are talking about this everywhere. It's on TV, studied and discussed by a huge amount of people. It's a really important topic. Christianity is infringing on peoples rights. Christianity is delaying important stem cell research. Christianity is forcing young mothers to keep children that they don't want and can't take care of. I could go on. And on, and on.

This is why threads like these are important to a lot of folks. If you don't like them, don't click. Simple as that.

And so all the atheists high fived in agreement with each other... and it was good.

I hate these threads.
And yet you read and post in them. Every. Single. Time.

Threads like this are good for NT because they might, hopefully encourage whoever is reading to actually think for themselves, instead of just believing whatever his or her parents forced onto them. And this is something that a lot of people are actually passionate about, including myself. I used to be a Christian, even years into my NT posting career. I have been on the other side of these arguments. Somewhere along the way I actually stopped and did REAL RESEARCH, looking at the facts and really breaking down my beliefs. And don't act like this is some kind of NT anomaly, people are talking about this everywhere. It's on TV, studied and discussed by a huge amount of people. It's a really important topic. Christianity is infringing on peoples rights. Christianity is delaying important stem cell research. Christianity is forcing young mothers to keep children that they don't want and can't take care of. I could go on. And on, and on.

This is why threads like these are important to a lot of folks. If you don't like them, don't click. Simple as that.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by HighMan

seriously what was the point of posting this?

did anyone say there weren't multiple translations? or do you read what people type of do you just skim through it?

He's one of those atheists that log onto the internet to find other atheists to validate his lack of faith in God. It's pathetic. Believe what you will, I really don't care. But it's pathetic to feel the need to trample on others' beliefs to validate your own. And he does it, just like most of them do, probably out of fear or misery in some form. No one wants to die alone, so as long as he ca make a joke out of God in general, he'll feel more comfortable in his own skin amongst the people that laughed. Yes, I'm aware he'll reply to this with something witty and sharp, complete with a
laugh.gif
or
roll.gif
Not our fault that the bible is fallible and morally and factually wrong.  We can't point that out now?  If yours and anyone's beliefs were trampled, oh well.  Facts are facts.
and didn't you say that you wouldn't be entering these threads anymore because you don't care what we have to say anymore?  yet time after time, I see you.  time to go repent again...

You're right, it's not your fault... nor is it your responsibility to pester people that don't care that you don't believe what they believe. Grow up.

Also, I said I wasn't entertaining ALL the questions people ask mainly because I never claim to have ALL the answers, but also because none of you types actually cares to hear an answer anyway.  On the other hand, I have a plethora of statements to make at my own discretion. I didn't force you to reply to them just as no one forces you to believe in God. You just felt inclined to be apart of what was going on in other people's business. Ironic? Nah, just typical of atheists.. 
You assume he's trying to validate his lack of belief in a GOD by going on the internet. You need no other validation for that other than your own sound reasoning. Why is it pathetic? Is this not a forum founded on the basis of like minded ppl sharing their enthusiasm over footwear? Guess they pathetic too. Guess anybody on the internet who seek out like minded ppl for discussion and camaraderie are pathetic but in reality we know that's not the case.
Nah, it's a little different. You've never seen a "Atheists, let's discuss atheism" thread. All you see are 'God is dumb" threads in disguise. By all means, fly with your flock.. I HONESTLY don't care or mind. I just get the
mad.gif
face when people feed into the same world wide conflicts over faith while pretending to be better than it while saying they don't even believe in God. So what? I've never heard people be so vocal about !$!% they don't support.

Atheist - "Rah rah rah religion ruins the world. Don't you see? Science says be an atheist. God is stupid. Rah Rah"
Extremist - "Die, infidel! *BOOM* "

Well, that worked. Thanks. You're really helping the world wide condition by adding to the hate. Good job atheists. Way to set the example for all us peace loving God-said-don't types. You sure showed us.

Why do you keep saying religion is the opposite of atheism?
Its not.

Religions are playing games of football with each other.

I'm in the stand watching the game. 

Its not about being vocal about +%@* I don't support its the fact that those that support it do it for UNFOUNDED AND ILLOGICAL REASONS. Especially you Murda He. Every. Single. Proposition. you've put up in threads i've knocked down because they contradicted themselves and did not stand up under their own weight. You are one of the biggest losers when it comes to debating religion. Atheism doesn't say "use science" it says, use your mind. Science is NOT a religion. Its a term used to describe the bank of +%@* we know that we can prove. Thats it. It just happens to need a word. Atheism isn't a group either. Its just the LACK of a belief. We wouldn't have to be so vocal if it wasn't for the sheer numbers of fools that REALLY do believe this stuff and don't care to ask themselves why. Yeah its no big deal to the moderates... theyre not the ones losing their lives over this +%@* so its easy for you to mock the whole discussion. Tell that to the kid who just prayed for YOUR death and you've never even met him. You sleep with that at night and ask how fair that is. He thinks his imaginary big brother is better than your imaginary big brother. You're all losers in this game. I don't need to look at a mountain and get my pants all wet trying to think it connects to some start millions of light-years away. Its all utter non-sense. 5% rap, islam, christianity, all of it. Just do unto others and lets make our times on this planet a little smoother for everyone else to deal with. 

You assume he's trying to validate his lack of belief in a GOD by going on the internet. You need no other validation for that other than your own sound reasoning. Why is it pathetic? Is this not a forum founded on the basis of like minded ppl sharing their enthusiasm over footwear? Guess they pathetic too. Guess anybody on the internet who seek out like minded ppl for discussion and camaraderie are pathetic but in reality we know that's not the case.
Nah, it's a little different. You've never seen a "Atheists, let's discuss atheism" thread. All you see are 'God is dumb" threads in disguise. By all means, fly with your flock.. I HONESTLY don't care or mind. I just get the
mad.gif
face when people feed into the same world wide conflicts over faith while pretending to be better than it while saying they don't even believe in God. So what? I've never heard people be so vocal about !$!% they don't support.

Atheist - "Rah rah rah religion ruins the world. Don't you see? Science says be an atheist. God is stupid. Rah Rah"

Well, that worked. Thanks. You're really helping the world wide condition by adding to the hate. Good job atheists. Way to set the example for all us peace loving God-said-don't types. You sure showed us.

That's just semantics. Lets discuss atheism or religious texts were written by men, we know who the threads are for. You talk about how you hate these threads but never fail to post in them. If you recognize it for what it is and know it's not for you why enter? Because you can, right? Cuz you got all these statements you want to make instead of entertaining every question that you already assume no one wants the answers or is willing to try and understand them. Seems like you're wasting your time but maybe you secretly enjoy this.

Instead of being
mad.gif
when ppl feed in this why not just keep it moving and be
happy.gif
There's far more things on the internet or NT to be mad about. I honestly don't believe you when you say you don't care or mind. There's a grip of threads I NEVER enter. Sections of this site I never venture to. It's you and a couple of the other same faces that want to argue with the atheists, you'd just rather not have a real discussion and go rebuttal for rebuttal since you assume they don't want to either.

If it makes you sick now, wait a few more years when there's more atheists around looking for like minded discussion on the topic. You'll be smothered. It's been said before but it aint like atheism is a religion, we're all not some big group that have meetings weekly and plan out how we'll talk about our lack of belief in a GOD on the internet among other places. Some atheists want to talk about it, if only to let it out. If you thought about it objectively, you just might come to the conclusion that this is the only place they're doing this anyway.

Look what you're complaining about atheists says that and the extremist does what again? Like there aren't extremists that have been reacting that way to other religious ppl before atheists started speaking up. We're not adding to anything. You're just mad that it's in NT general and you can't help but engage in it.

As for the last part you're just generalizing and trying to blame a select few for something they're not even guilty of for no other reason than you thinking you're right, which you are not.

mad.gif

That's just semantics. Lets discuss atheism or religious texts were written by men, we know who the threads are for. You talk about how you hate these threads but never fail to post in them. If you recognize it for what it is and know it's not for you why enter? Because you can, right? Cuz you got all these statements you want to make instead of entertaining every question that you already assume no one wants the answers or is willing to try and understand them. Seems like you're wasting your time but maybe you secretly enjoy this.

Instead of being
mad.gif
when ppl feed in this why not just keep it moving and be
happy.gif
There's far more things on the internet or NT to be mad about. I honestly don't believe you when you say you don't care or mind. There's a grip of threads I NEVER enter. Sections of this site I never venture to. It's you and a couple of the other same faces that want to argue with the atheists, you'd just rather not have a real discussion and go rebuttal for rebuttal since you assume they don't want to either.

If it makes you sick now, wait a few more years when there's more atheists around looking for like minded discussion on the topic. You'll be smothered. It's been said before but it aint like atheism is a religion, we're all not some big group that have meetings weekly and plan out how we'll talk about our lack of belief in a GOD on the internet among other places. Some atheists want to talk about it, if only to let it out. If you thought about it objectively, you just might come to the conclusion that this is the only place they're doing this anyway.

Look what you're complaining about atheists says that and the extremist does what again? Like there aren't extremists that have been reacting that way to other religious ppl before atheists started speaking up. We're not adding to anything. You're just mad that it's in NT general and you can't help but engage in it.

As for the last part you're just generalizing and trying to blame a select few for something they're not even guilty of for no other reason than you thinking you're right, which you are not.

did anyone say there weren't multiple translations? or do you read what people type of do you just skim through it?

He's one of those atheists that log onto the internet to find other atheists to validate his lack of faith in God. It's pathetic. Believe what you will, I really don't care. But it's pathetic to feel the need to trample on others' beliefs to validate your own. And he does it, just like most of them do, probably out of fear or misery in some form. No one wants to die alone, so as long as he ca make a joke out of God in general, he'll feel more comfortable in his own skin amongst the people that laughed. Yes, I'm aware he'll reply to this with something witty and sharp, complete with a
laugh.gif
or
roll.gif
Not our fault that the bible is fallible and morally and factually wrong.  We can't point that out now?  If yours and anyone's beliefs were trampled, oh well.  Facts are facts.
and didn't you say that you wouldn't be entering these threads anymore because you don't care what we have to say anymore?  yet time after time, I see you.  time to go repent again...

You're right, it's not your fault... nor is it your responsibility to pester people that don't care that you don't believe what they believe. Grow up.

Also, I said I wasn't entertaining ALL the questions people ask mainly because I never claim to have ALL the answers, but also because none of you types actually cares to hear an answer anyway.  On the other hand, I have a plethora of statements to make at my own discretion. I didn't force you to reply to them just as no one forces you to believe in God. You just felt inclined to be apart of what was going on in other people's business. Ironic? Nah, just typical of atheists.. 
mad.gif

Its not.

Its not about being vocal about +%@* I don't support its the fact that those that support it do it for UNFOUNDED AND ILLOGICAL REASONS. Especially you Murda He. Every. Single. Proposition. you've put up in threads i've knocked down because they contradicted themselves and did not stand up under their own weight. You are one of the biggest losers when it comes to debating religion. Atheism doesn't say "use science" it says, use your mind. Science is NOT a religion. Its a term used to describe the bank of +%@* we know that we can prove. Thats it. It just happens to need a word. Atheism isn't a group either. Its just the LACK of a belief. We wouldn't have to be so vocal if it wasn't for the sheer numbers of fools that REALLY do believe this stuff and don't care to ask themselves why. Yeah its no big deal to the moderates... theyre not the ones losing their lives over this +%@* so its easy for you to mock the whole discussion. Tell that to the kid who just prayed for YOUR death and you've never even met him. You sleep with that at night and ask how fair that is. He thinks his imaginary big brother is better than your imaginary big brother. You're all losers in this game. I don't need to look at a mountain and get my pants all wet trying to think it connects to some start millions of light-years away. Its all utter non-sense. 5% rap, islam, christianity, all of it. Just do unto others and lets make our times on this planet a little smoother for everyone else to deal with. 

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
and hey man some works of fiction are sad. Lets ignore the fact that there's an absurd amount of ppl who believe those things literally happened.
I haven't been to the website in a while but you see the one about Sodom and Gomorrah?
laugh.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
Imma take my time and skim through before I dive in and mess with my head
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
The Lego's really bring it to life. Its awesome. 
I finally have a motivation to read the slower parts of the bible. I just start imagining them acted out with Legos.

BTW, I understand why theres so many translations... reading it is really like studying organic chemistry: 
nerd.gif
eek.gif

alien.gif
sick.gif
. If I went to church and paid some guy to tell me i'm sure i'd believe his interpretation too  
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
I finally have a motivation to read the slower parts of the bible. I just start imagining them acted out with Legos.

BTW, I understand why theres so many translations... reading it is really like studying organic chemistry: 
nerd.gif
eek.gif

alien.gif
sick.gif
. If I went to church and paid some guy to tell me i'm sure i'd believe his interpretation too  
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
eek.gif

alien.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

How about no? There's nothing entertaining about SN2 reactions
indifferent.gif

All anti-religion aside the bible is literally one of my favorite books ever and I'm lucky to have been raised religious. I enjoyed reading biblical stories as a kid, they were riveting and uplifting. Then when I got to high school I started noticing the darker side of religion and all the ignorance that comes with it. Don't let all that stop you from reading one of the greatest works of fiction known to man

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
eek.gif

alien.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

How about no? There's nothing entertaining about SN2 reactions
indifferent.gif

All anti-religion aside the bible is literally one of my favorite books ever and I'm lucky to have been raised religious. I enjoyed reading biblical stories as a kid, they were riveting and uplifting. Then when I got to high school I started noticing the darker side of religion and all the ignorance that comes with it. Don't let all that stop you from reading one of the greatest works of fiction known to man

laugh.gif
or
roll.gif

mad.gif

Its not.

REAL $$##$
eek.gif

laugh.gif
or
roll.gif

mad.gif

Its not.

REAL $$##$
eek.gif

So youre not suppose to interpret that part and actually believe a girl was riding a dragon, A DRAGON!?

So youre not suppose to interpret that part and actually believe a girl was riding a dragon, A DRAGON!?

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Ooo, one of my fave topics.

This is what I do not get, it is known and proven that these religious books were man made. Ok, no proof of God's existence or known facts how this universe was created, but I can ASSURE you these religious textbooks are fictitious and no different than Aesop's fables. Discovering and researching the history of it all is what made me Agnostic.

"And God said let there be light"

God did not write the bible, who writes about themselves in the third person.

roll.gif
, as if that's the glaring fallacy, third-person....
roll.gif

how about, how could god write with no hands, pen, nor paper?

oh, so he spoke to dudes who wrote down EXACTLY what he told them?

so, who decides who was being told stories from god and who was being told stories from schitzophrenia?

and once that's decided, who is to say that they didnt add or take away?

okay, imma GIVE you some ground here, im going to agree that the original texts, written by prophets that talked to god directly,

im going to GIVE you the argument that they wrote down EXACTLY what god told them

the original texts are LITERALLY the word of god from heaven

i agree,

now, how would you account for all the editing done by rulers and leaders? there have been books removed, added, re-added, re-removed, words changed, themes changed....there are like 50 versions of the same bible...

how would you also account for language "telephone"? we see how terribly english translates to japanese, right? engrish is hilarious...

its not that funny when you acknowledge that same phenomena has happened to your holy book, right?

so you got mis-translations, man-made edits, and this is the book you will put your life on the line for? this is the end-all-be-all? this is your link to god and the book you follow like your life depends on it?

you putting your life on the line for a 2000-year old engrish meme....

roll.gif

and i take back that ground i granted yall about the words being from god...

why arent we still adding books to the bible? cause those people are admitted to insane asylums....

roll.gif

hai dima,

im glad to find out that we can now raise our hairy, racially ambiguous children as heathens....

pimp.gif

Its not.

roll.gif
, rilla, you of ALL people should appreciate this...

it depends. does imagining a literal dragon coincide with your beliefs? if so, YES, A DRAGON, if not, it's a symbol for like a king...or a land....or a sinner....or a subconscious construct of the +%%#! who represents nations....or...

roll.gif

or...whatever you would like it to be.....seriously.

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Ooo, one of my fave topics.

This is what I do not get, it is known and proven that these religious books were man made. Ok, no proof of God's existence or known facts how this universe was created, but I can ASSURE you these religious textbooks are fictitious and no different than Aesop's fables. Discovering and researching the history of it all is what made me Agnostic.

"And God said let there be light"

God did not write the bible, who writes about themselves in the third person.

roll.gif
, as if that's the glaring fallacy, third-person....
roll.gif

how about, how could god write with no hands, pen, nor paper?

oh, so he spoke to dudes who wrote down EXACTLY what he told them?

so, who decides who was being told stories from god and who was being told stories from schitzophrenia?

and once that's decided, who is to say that they didnt add or take away?

okay, imma GIVE you some ground here, im going to agree that the original texts, written by prophets that talked to god directly,

im going to GIVE you the argument that they wrote down EXACTLY what god told them

the original texts are LITERALLY the word of god from heaven

i agree,

now, how would you account for all the editing done by rulers and leaders? there have been books removed, added, re-added, re-removed, words changed, themes changed....there are like 50 versions of the same bible...

how would you also account for language "telephone"? we see how terribly english translates to japanese, right? engrish is hilarious...

its not that funny when you acknowledge that same phenomena has happened to your holy book, right?

so you got mis-translations, man-made edits, and this is the book you will put your life on the line for? this is the end-all-be-all? this is your link to god and the book you follow like your life depends on it?

you putting your life on the line for a 2000-year old engrish meme....

roll.gif

and i take back that ground i granted yall about the words being from god...

why arent we still adding books to the bible? cause those people are admitted to insane asylums....

roll.gif

hai dima,

im glad to find out that we can now raise our hairy, racially ambiguous children as heathens....

pimp.gif

Its not.

roll.gif
, rilla, you of ALL people should appreciate this...

it depends. does imagining a literal dragon coincide with your beliefs? if so, YES, A DRAGON, if not, it's a symbol for like a king...or a land....or a sinner....or a subconscious construct of the +%%#! who represents nations....or...

roll.gif

or...whatever you would like it to be.....seriously.

eh at the end of the day the internet atheists/agnostics are free to feel superior on the internet. Call what someone else believes in wrong/ fairytale fantasies but you are no better then them

eh at the end of the day the internet atheists/agnostics are free to feel superior on the internet. Call what someone else believes in wrong/ fairytale fantasies but you are no better then them

Back
Top Bottom