This is why the bible and other religious texts had to be written by scorned MALES

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6)
[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]Jesus claimed that He is the only way to heaven and that there is no other way that leads to heaven. No matter how hard anybody may try, if he/she wants to go to heaven he/she will have to go through Jesus. If you want to go to London from New York, you need a specific ticket to go to that particular place. But if you think, "I will go to airport and catch any flight", assuming that every flight is going to London, then you will never reach the place because you need to catch the specific flight which is going to London. In the same way if we want to go to heaven, we should determine our way. And Jesus said that He is the way… and that no one can go to the Father except through Him. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]Jesus said, "I am the Truth". No man on this earth can claim to be such that he/she is the truth because, there can be no one in this planet earth who never lied or never did anything wrong. So no man can claim this. But Jesus Himself said, " I am the Truth", because He is God Himself and there is no sin or no lie in Him.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]In the above said verse, Jesus said, "I am the Life". What is the meaning of life about which Jesus is talking? Let us see what it is about? Are we dead and do we need life? We read from Bible Romans 3:23, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." And also in Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]We all have sinned and so we are lifeless because our soul is dead in sin. Because of our sins we are heading towards death –eternal death. But Jesus came to this world to save us from hell fire. He gave His precious life for us. He shed His precious blood on the cross to purchase pardon for us. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]Yes, He gave His life for us but now we have to claim life – eternal life so that we may never die but live forever and forever. Jesus came to give us eternal life – a life that will never fade. He came to give us life abundant and it is available free of cost because Jesus paid the price for it on the cross. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]When this verse says that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, it means that there is no other way to heaven, no other truth and no other source of life available in this world. This aborts all others and proves ‘the deity of Jesus Christ’ who is the only one way to heaven, who is the only one life source and who is the only one truth.

NavBridge.jpg
[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6)
[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]Jesus claimed that He is the only way to heaven and that there is no other way that leads to heaven. No matter how hard anybody may try, if he/she wants to go to heaven he/she will have to go through Jesus. If you want to go to London from New York, you need a specific ticket to go to that particular place. But if you think, "I will go to airport and catch any flight", assuming that every flight is going to London, then you will never reach the place because you need to catch the specific flight which is going to London. In the same way if we want to go to heaven, we should determine our way. And Jesus said that He is the way… and that no one can go to the Father except through Him. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]Jesus said, "I am the Truth". No man on this earth can claim to be such that he/she is the truth because, there can be no one in this planet earth who never lied or never did anything wrong. So no man can claim this. But Jesus Himself said, " I am the Truth", because He is God Himself and there is no sin or no lie in Him.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]In the above said verse, Jesus said, "I am the Life". What is the meaning of life about which Jesus is talking? Let us see what it is about? Are we dead and do we need life? We read from Bible Romans 3:23, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." And also in Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]We all have sinned and so we are lifeless because our soul is dead in sin. Because of our sins we are heading towards death –eternal death. But Jesus came to this world to save us from hell fire. He gave His precious life for us. He shed His precious blood on the cross to purchase pardon for us. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]Yes, He gave His life for us but now we have to claim life – eternal life so that we may never die but live forever and forever. Jesus came to give us eternal life – a life that will never fade. He came to give us life abundant and it is available free of cost because Jesus paid the price for it on the cross. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]When this verse says that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, it means that there is no other way to heaven, no other truth and no other source of life available in this world. This aborts all others and proves ‘the deity of Jesus Christ’ who is the only one way to heaven, who is the only one life source and who is the only one truth.

NavBridge.jpg
[/font]

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

eh, i thought it was common knowledge that most christians believe out of fear....

"fear of god"

"i dont wanna go to hell"

no?
no.

out of faith

well at least for me, and most Christians i know.

faith in what tho?

that THROUGH CHRIST WE GAIN SALVATION

salvation from what?

bang bang

lol @ escape goat
Faith in the bible and everything it holds

Salvation from hell would be the straight out answer without throwing walls of text at you.

and since we are posting useless images,

oh, so being saved from hell, which you fear, oh, okay.

roll.gif

THIS IS WHY THEY LAUGH AT RELIGIOUS PEOPLE

(the funniest part is, dude is gonna quote me like "what are you talking about?" when anyone with a 5th grade education can see what just happened in our exchange)

eek.gif
@ the topic merge, THANK YOU, BASED GOD. IT WAS GOD'S WILL FOR THE TOPICS TO MERGE

lol @ dude really asking "whats the difference between saying 'its a coincidence' and thinking god did it?"

roll.gif

THIS IS WHY YALL GET LAUGHED AT  

Jesus said, "I am the Truth". No man on this earth can claim to be such that he/she is the truth because, there can be no one in this planet earth who never lied or never did anything wrong. So no man can claim this. But Jesus Himself said, " I am the Truth", because He is God Himself and there is no sin or no lie in Him.
THIS IS WHY YALL GET LAUGHED AT!

jesus said "i am the truth because he is god himself"?

that doesnt even make linguistic sense, let alone logical sense...

eh, i thought it was common knowledge that most christians believe out of fear....

"fear of god"

no?
no.

out of faith

faith in what tho?

salvation from what?

bang bang

lol @ escape goat

Salvation from hell would be the straight out answer without throwing walls of text at you.

roll.gif

(the funniest part is, dude is gonna quote me like "what are you talking about?" when anyone with a 5th grade education can see what just happened in our exchange)

eek.gif
@ the topic merge, THANK YOU, BASED GOD. IT WAS GOD'S WILL FOR THE TOPICS TO MERGE

lol @ dude really asking "whats the difference between saying 'its a coincidence' and thinking god did it?"

roll.gif

Jesus said, "I am the Truth". No man on this earth can claim to be such that he/she is the truth because, there can be no one in this planet earth who never lied or never did anything wrong. So no man can claim this. But Jesus Himself said, " I am the Truth", because He is God Himself and there is no sin or no lie in Him.

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Originally Posted by oidreez

What is the difference between saying "oh it was just a coincidence" versus "God was watching over me?" they are both two statements that make the sayer feel better. Maybe i choose to believe because it makes me feel better about myself. Maybe i choose to believe because it makes me feel safer in this world; that this "eternal being" will lift me out of my deepest troubles. That doesnt mean i dont give myself credit for the things i accomplish.

One assumes "hey +!%% happens" the other assumes "hey someone MADE this situation occur in my favor". 

Actually people saying its a coincidence tend to just accept it as something that just occured for the sake of it just occuring and we can't dwell on it. 

Thats sad. Find better reasons to console yourself. Reality is the greatest asset. It never lets you down and will never lie to you. Your confidence and selfworth will mean more to you than belief in the unknown will ever do for you.

Then why give any credit to God at all? 

it's said I choose to believe? ok have a nice day
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Originally Posted by oidreez

What is the difference between saying "oh it was just a coincidence" versus "God was watching over me?" they are both two statements that make the sayer feel better. Maybe i choose to believe because it makes me feel better about myself. Maybe i choose to believe because it makes me feel safer in this world; that this "eternal being" will lift me out of my deepest troubles. That doesnt mean i dont give myself credit for the things i accomplish.

One assumes "hey +!%% happens" the other assumes "hey someone MADE this situation occur in my favor". 

Actually people saying its a coincidence tend to just accept it as something that just occured for the sake of it just occuring and we can't dwell on it. 

Thats sad. Find better reasons to console yourself. Reality is the greatest asset. It never lets you down and will never lie to you. Your confidence and selfworth will mean more to you than belief in the unknown will ever do for you.

Then why give any credit to God at all? 

it's said I choose to believe? ok have a nice day
happy.gif

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

Following Blindly = Faith

it's their greatest response to shunning your answers away. just because.

Following out of Fear = Scared of the unknown (death,space,universe)

THE ONLY REASON YOU WONT FIND LOGICAL ANSWERS TO AN ARGUMENT LIKE THIS IS BECAUSE RELIGION IS ILLOGICAL.
for Christians, Faith is not mere human hope, but faith is based on the word of God alone.

this will never be solved because atheist want rational answers to everything and if its not rational, it is illogical.

Faith is believing in something beyond human comprehension and frankly, it goes further than rationality

its not an escape goat reply, its an honest reply for me to put faith. Its in the bible and i believe in it, not just some made up word by NT'ers to escape further
questioning.

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

Following Blindly = Faith

it's their greatest response to shunning your answers away. just because.

Following out of Fear = Scared of the unknown (death,space,universe)

THE ONLY REASON YOU WONT FIND LOGICAL ANSWERS TO AN ARGUMENT LIKE THIS IS BECAUSE RELIGION IS ILLOGICAL.
for Christians, Faith is not mere human hope, but faith is based on the word of God alone.

this will never be solved because atheist want rational answers to everything and if its not rational, it is illogical.

Faith is believing in something beyond human comprehension and frankly, it goes further than rationality

its not an escape goat reply, its an honest reply for me to put faith. Its in the bible and i believe in it, not just some made up word by NT'ers to escape further
questioning.

Great bate material Dame, once again great bait material ..... Nothingless than emotional key smashing would be the response to suchprovocation

If you want to talk about fear, it's a motivation for life period....... what is life without fear? But of course you would not andwould never know the answer to this question, because if you did wewouldn't constant be subjected to de ja vue anytime anything soremotely related to religion is posted on NT.

Guess what life in one sense is constructed so you could move past fear, for you toembrace it, feel it, live it, but not be bounded by it, chained to it,befuddled with it ...... Morals is for those who are free, to remindthem and bind them to flesh. Say which is easier for a billionaire whocould do anything to be bounded by morals or a pauper? Think on thatfor a second and ask who morality was truly created  written for. That is not to say that those that are not free of mind and spirit should not possess morals but they are usually enchained by morals instead of possessing them

Now lets get to the bible, it is my belief that it is a book of allegoriesused by man for control of the ignorant .... I do not confess to knowing itsmeaning but I do confess to at least attempting to read it, andunderstand it currently (as well as other sacred text, which I will notmention) so that one day I can find a meeting point for the two halvesof life

Great bate material Dame, once again great bait material ..... Nothingless than emotional key smashing would be the response to suchprovocation

If you want to talk about fear, it's a motivation for life period....... what is life without fear? But of course you would not andwould never know the answer to this question, because if you did wewouldn't constant be subjected to de ja vue anytime anything soremotely related to religion is posted on NT.

Guess what life in one sense is constructed so you could move past fear, for you toembrace it, feel it, live it, but not be bounded by it, chained to it,befuddled with it ...... Morals is for those who are free, to remindthem and bind them to flesh. Say which is easier for a billionaire whocould do anything to be bounded by morals or a pauper? Think on thatfor a second and ask who morality was truly created  written for. That is not to say that those that are not free of mind and spirit should not possess morals but they are usually enchained by morals instead of possessing them

Now lets get to the bible, it is my belief that it is a book of allegoriesused by man for control of the ignorant .... I do not confess to knowing itsmeaning but I do confess to at least attempting to read it, andunderstand it currently (as well as other sacred text, which I will notmention) so that one day I can find a meeting point for the two halvesof life

Question...

Why do you feel you have to live forever? Like seriously whats the point in that? Are you scared you've wasted time living?

And also... why is Christianity via Jesus the ONLY way to heaven? ...if it exists?

Question...

Why do you feel you have to live forever? Like seriously whats the point in that? Are you scared you've wasted time living?

And also... why is Christianity via Jesus the ONLY way to heaven? ...if it exists?

"fear of god"

no?
no.

out of faith

faith in what tho?

salvation from what?

bang bang

lol @ escape goat

Not just referring to you but the rest of the believers...
So when you say you believe in the bible and everything it holds and you live your life based entirely on faith and the belief of God.

You don't lie, cheat, nor steal.  Correct?  I know every one makes mistakes and no one is perfect...but why do I see a bunch of believers not living a "a christian life"?  So there's just a vast majority of hipocrites who says they are Christians?  

So you do all this ******ed things and unchristian-like acts then turn around pray and ask for forgiveness - so everything after that, is cool - God already forgave you? C'mon man
laugh.gif

I'm not saying you personally but don't tell me that this doesn't happen and the same people will think they are better than you because they are so called believers and saying that non-believers will burn in hell (that they're have no facts of it even existing).

So again...what's the point?  I still do not see a need for it.  

"fear of god"

no?
no.

out of faith

faith in what tho?

salvation from what?

bang bang

lol @ escape goat

Not just referring to you but the rest of the believers...
So when you say you believe in the bible and everything it holds and you live your life based entirely on faith and the belief of God.

You don't lie, cheat, nor steal.  Correct?  I know every one makes mistakes and no one is perfect...but why do I see a bunch of believers not living a "a christian life"?  So there's just a vast majority of hipocrites who says they are Christians?  

So you do all this ******ed things and unchristian-like acts then turn around pray and ask for forgiveness - so everything after that, is cool - God already forgave you? C'mon man
laugh.gif

I'm not saying you personally but don't tell me that this doesn't happen and the same people will think they are better than you because they are so called believers and saying that non-believers will burn in hell (that they're have no facts of it even existing).

So again...what's the point?  I still do not see a need for it.  

yo, since we're talking about the bible and religion, and dude brought up how he sees it as a form of control

how do my christian african-american, i.e. decendents of american slaves, NTers feel toward christianity?

like, slaves were literally introduced to christiany to control them.....

that's not hyperbole.

ive actually had someone tell me that, even though slaveowners introduced slaves to christianity while enslaving them, and even used it to control them, ultimately THEY WERE INTRODUCED TO CHRISTIANITY AND THEREFORE WILL RECIEVE SALVATION....

me, personally, this would be just MORE evidence for me to NOT rock with christianity, myself...

thoughts on this?

yo, since we're talking about the bible and religion, and dude brought up how he sees it as a form of control

how do my christian african-american, i.e. decendents of american slaves, NTers feel toward christianity?

that's not hyperbole.

ive actually had someone tell me that, even though slaveowners introduced slaves to christianity while enslaving them, and even used it to control them, ultimately THEY WERE INTRODUCED TO CHRISTIANITY AND THEREFORE WILL RECIEVE SALVATION....

me, personally, this would be just MORE evidence for me to NOT rock with christianity, myself...

thoughts on this?

So if there is a heaven and God is real.

Will he pick some one who had faith but lived a life of debauchery, lies, and hate.

or a non-believer who lived their life loving and caring for people?

So if there is a heaven and God is real.

Will he pick some one who had faith but lived a life of debauchery, lies, and hate.

or a non-believer who lived their life loving and caring for people?

"fear of god"

no?
no.

out of faith

faith in what tho?

salvation from what?

bang bang

lol @ escape goat

roll.gif

eek.gif

roll.gif

i see exactly what youre talking about. But thats my belief. You chose to laugh at it i chose to live by it.

you really dont get it and its understandable.

Originally Posted by renkxedik

Morality can be difficult to address. I agree. Its a very complex notion. 

Originally Posted by renkxedik

Morality can be difficult to address. I agree. Its a very complex notion. 

"fear of god"

no?
no.

out of faith

faith in what tho?

salvation from what?

bang bang

lol @ escape goat

roll.gif

eek.gif

roll.gif

i see exactly what youre talking about. But thats my belief. You chose to laugh at it i chose to live by it.

you really dont get it and its understandable.

that's not hyperbole.

thoughts on this?

They choose to ignore this.
Some of the strongest believers Ive ever known are my black friends. EVERY. SINGLE. THING. God "did" for them. Insane at times. Especially on twitter.
30t6p3b.gif

"thank you god, i did well on my test"

"thank you god this nice man helped me change my tire"

"thank you god i didnt get sunburn" 

all sorts of sheer stupidity. 

Back
Top Bottom