This is why the bible and other religious texts had to be written by scorned MALES

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

False.

....ALSO FALSE

This is also false

Thats just THREE examples. 
What the +*@% is up with all that false, false adn also false garbage?
laugh.gif

You're just going to say I'm incorrect and assume that I will believe you?!
grin.gif

where's the proof at?
Because I studied this in my bio ap class in March of 2010 and at that point in time, it was not possible to create living matter from scratch.

Originally Posted by halal cart23

False.

....ALSO FALSE

This is also false

laugh.gif

grin.gif

where's the proof at?
Because I studied this in my bio ap class in March of 2010 and at that point in time, it was not possible to create living matter from scratch.

Bruh, I could care less about your credentials. I've met 4.0 GPA Biology Students at a top 10 university who believe God created them. Miss me with that. It goes beyond what you THINK you know. 
Google this name: Craig Venter.
Click those links and read up. Your answers are there. 

Originally Posted by halal cart23

False.

....ALSO FALSE

This is also false

laugh.gif

grin.gif

where's the proof at?

Bruh, I could care less about your credentials. I've met 4.0 GPA Biology Students at a top 10 university who believe God created them. Miss me with that. It goes beyond what you THINK you know. 
Google this name: Craig Venter.
Click those links and read up. Your answers are there. 

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

Glad it's not a flame thing and I never took it as that.
Why do I love God so much?.......Why Do you Love your Mother or Father So much? He's my Best Friend and you can call me "crazy" but I talk to him everyday and he does answer back with better things that any human has ever given me, I could go on with the obvious and say, my life, my health, the people around me........But simply put, I Love The Lord Because he Loves me SO MUCH and I could sit here and tell you all the things he's done for me in my life but it would take forever and ever, just because you havent taken a Lambo for a ride does not mean it's not fast and I dont think people have given The Lord the chance to show them what he's capable of

"There is no problem of evolution" how I just showed you a flaw that you cant answer..........Just because you see a "flaw" in my belief does not negate the flaw in yours

You say "I know what prayer is" but dont elaborate, what is prayer to you? real question.........and prayer to me is what the Bible says it is, do you know what The Bible says it is?

God wont "fix" lies because he cant force us to NOT lie, we would be puppets, hence not having freewill

Sin according to The Bible will NOT send you to hell.......did you know that? I asked what YOU think Sin is but you didnt answer

After all that other stuff is addressed I will get to that last one about why he died for our sins according to the Bible.
So, you love god because you think he does things for you? If he had done nothing for you, would you still love him? How do you know these things weren't the direct result of your own actions or the actions of others around you?

You never presented any problem for evolution. Your response was incredibly vague. You should probably provide an actual example.

Prayer is talking to god directly. If you don't hear him speaking back to you, you're just not trying hard enough. I prayed for about 18 years and saw nothing. I realized that I have to accomplish things on my own. There's no omnipotent being guiding me.

God can't force us to lie, but he could have created us such that we weren't these imperfect, sinful beings. You would expect a perfect creator to come up with something better. The Bible does nothing but tell us how awful we are when compared to god. That sounds loving, I guess.

Rejecting god will send you to hell. How interesting. I'm given the choice to believe in god, but if I don't make the choice that he wants me to make, I'm going to spend eternity in a burning lake. I guess that's love?

Glad it's not a flame thing and I never took it as that.
Why do I love God so much?.......Why Do you Love your Mother or Father So much? He's my Best Friend and you can call me "crazy" but I talk to him everyday and he does answer back with better things that any human has ever given me, I could go on with the obvious and say, my life, my health, the people around me........But simply put, I Love The Lord Because he Loves me SO MUCH and I could sit here and tell you all the things he's done for me in my life but it would take forever and ever, just because you havent taken a Lambo for a ride does not mean it's not fast and I dont think people have given The Lord the chance to show them what he's capable of

"There is no problem of evolution" how I just showed you a flaw that you cant answer..........Just because you see a "flaw" in my belief does not negate the flaw in yours

You say "I know what prayer is" but dont elaborate, what is prayer to you? real question.........and prayer to me is what the Bible says it is, do you know what The Bible says it is?

God wont "fix" lies because he cant force us to NOT lie, we would be puppets, hence not having freewill

Sin according to The Bible will NOT send you to hell.......did you know that? I asked what YOU think Sin is but you didnt answer

After all that other stuff is addressed I will get to that last one about why he died for our sins according to the Bible.
So, you love god because you think he does things for you? If he had done nothing for you, would you still love him? How do you know these things weren't the direct result of your own actions or the actions of others around you?

You never presented any problem for evolution. Your response was incredibly vague. You should probably provide an actual example.

Prayer is talking to god directly. If you don't hear him speaking back to you, you're just not trying hard enough. I prayed for about 18 years and saw nothing. I realized that I have to accomplish things on my own. There's no omnipotent being guiding me.

God can't force us to lie, but he could have created us such that we weren't these imperfect, sinful beings. You would expect a perfect creator to come up with something better. The Bible does nothing but tell us how awful we are when compared to god. That sounds loving, I guess.

Rejecting god will send you to hell. How interesting. I'm given the choice to believe in god, but if I don't make the choice that he wants me to make, I'm going to spend eternity in a burning lake. I guess that's love?

This Guy.........Who said I loved God JUST because he did things for me? why Do you Love your mother and Father? then you will get your answer to an extent Sir

How did I not present a problem? Science SAYS for every action you must have an equal or opposite reaction........get it? So by it's own flaw you cant have Infinite progression without infinite regression.

Prayer is talking to God Directly about what? speaking to him for 18years about what may I ask?............So many people have what prayer is and Isnt so screwed up, Pick up a Bible People!

"He could make us so we dont Sin"........really? really? did you not read the part that I said about being Robots? freewill? naw?

Rejecting God is your choice, just like murder is........so if somebody committed murder against say your mother would it be right to just let that person go free? Sad part you dont see is God took our place in that punishment so we as a human race could have a second chance.

BTW Im sorry Dame I will reply to you in a little, I just got back from Church and your reply wont be as quick as this, plus I wanna see the end of this Game lol

This Guy.........Who said I loved God JUST because he did things for me? why Do you Love your mother and Father? then you will get your answer to an extent Sir

How did I not present a problem? Science SAYS for every action you must have an equal or opposite reaction........get it? So by it's own flaw you cant have Infinite progression without infinite regression.

Prayer is talking to God Directly about what? speaking to him for 18years about what may I ask?............So many people have what prayer is and Isnt so screwed up, Pick up a Bible People!

"He could make us so we dont Sin"........really? really? did you not read the part that I said about being Robots? freewill? naw?

Rejecting God is your choice, just like murder is........so if somebody committed murder against say your mother would it be right to just let that person go free? Sad part you dont see is God took our place in that punishment so we as a human race could have a second chance.

BTW Im sorry Dame I will reply to you in a little, I just got back from Church and your reply wont be as quick as this, plus I wanna see the end of this Game lol

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

A question to the believers, what makes you believe that the religious text you believe in is true and that it is not truly man made? How is it more believable than any other figure that comes along today and says he has the revelations of God and is his messenger?

This is what I don't get either. Why do people nowadays get cited as crazies when they say God told them to do something / God talks to them? Why are they wrong, but the people that wrote the Bible thousands of years ago are correct? And why haven't instances from the Bible taken place after modern times? Why can't the Bible be added to?
Maybe Kanye should be in the Bible after all. Who can really say he can't?

A question to the believers, what makes you believe that the religious text you believe in is true and that it is not truly man made? How is it more believable than any other figure that comes along today and says he has the revelations of God and is his messenger?

This is what I don't get either. Why do people nowadays get cited as crazies when they say God told them to do something / God talks to them? Why are they wrong, but the people that wrote the Bible thousands of years ago are correct? And why haven't instances from the Bible taken place after modern times? Why can't the Bible be added to?

I didn't say that you love him JUST for that. I'm addressing where you said "But simply put, I Love The Lord Because he Loves me SO MUCH and I could sit here and tell you all the things he's done for me in my life but it would take forever and ever".

Evolution discusses genetic change. I'm not sure how "infinite progression" fits into that. Elaborate, please.

Talking to god directly about anything you want. I used to pray about my mother and her many disabilities. None of them can really be cured with modern treatments. I've read much of the Bible and I'm actually going back and re-reading it now. It's interesting how awful your god presents himself, no offense.

I didn't really elaborate on the part about not sinning. Basically, you think that god created us the way we are. According to the Bible, we are terrible, sinful beings by nature. We can't not sin. Why is it that we have this innate desire to sin? It must be that that is how god created us. So, he should have created us with the innate desire to obey. That would make more sense from the perspective of an omnipotent being.

Took our place for our punishment? It's his fault that we exist as these terrible creatures. He created humans knowing very well that this would be the result. None of us asked to exist. He hasn't done any of us a favor. In fact, I would suggest that he is an evil being if he really does create people knowing that they will ultimately reject him and end up in hell.

Edit: One more point I'd like to make. Many people believe just as you do that god loves them and that he has done much in their lives. The difference between them and you is that they believe in a different god. Why are you right and they are wrong?

I didn't say that you love him JUST for that. I'm addressing where you said "But simply put, I Love The Lord Because he Loves me SO MUCH and I could sit here and tell you all the things he's done for me in my life but it would take forever and ever".

Evolution discusses genetic change. I'm not sure how "infinite progression" fits into that. Elaborate, please.

Talking to god directly about anything you want. I used to pray about my mother and her many disabilities. None of them can really be cured with modern treatments. I've read much of the Bible and I'm actually going back and re-reading it now. It's interesting how awful your god presents himself, no offense.

I didn't really elaborate on the part about not sinning. Basically, you think that god created us the way we are. According to the Bible, we are terrible, sinful beings by nature. We can't not sin. Why is it that we have this innate desire to sin? It must be that that is how god created us. So, he should have created us with the innate desire to obey. That would make more sense from the perspective of an omnipotent being.

Took our place for our punishment? It's his fault that we exist as these terrible creatures. He created humans knowing very well that this would be the result. None of us asked to exist. He hasn't done any of us a favor. In fact, I would suggest that he is an evil being if he really does create people knowing that they will ultimately reject him and end up in hell.

Edit: One more point I'd like to make. Many people believe just as you do that god loves them and that he has done much in their lives. The difference between them and you is that they believe in a different god. Why are you right and they are wrong?

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

I've always wondered this to.
Let's say GOD appears before me and tells me to start a new religion.  Write a new bible.  will people believe me?  HELL NO.  I would get the  
alien.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So what makes the Bible real?  If people had rational thoughts, common sense, logic...etc back in the day, religion will not exist and the world will be a happier place.

Let's say the Bible never existed and a group of the people in todays time (2010) decides to write the bible...will any one believe them?  I don't think so.  

I still think RELIGION is pointless and the main reason we have wars.  Weighing in the pros and cons.  We should just get rid of it. 

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

I've always wondered this to.
Let's say GOD appears before me and tells me to start a new religion.  Write a new bible.  will people believe me?  HELL NO.  I would get the  
alien.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So what makes the Bible real?  If people had rational thoughts, common sense, logic...etc back in the day, religion will not exist and the world will be a happier place.

Let's say the Bible never existed and a group of the people in todays time (2010) decides to write the bible...will any one believe them?  I don't think so.  

I still think RELIGION is pointless and the main reason we have wars.  Weighing in the pros and cons.  We should just get rid of it. 

What I don't get is that why atheists always target religious people (well, at least here on NT)?

Let's just keep on moving and believe what we believe in. Simple as that, boneheads
grin.gif

What I don't get is that why atheists always target religious people (well, at least here on NT)?

Let's just keep on moving and believe what we believe in. Simple as that, boneheads
grin.gif

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

grin.gif
Well this is a discussion forum and the topic is open for discussion. If religious ppl believe what they believe in and are comfortable with that I don't understand why they'd feel targeted. Discussion shouldn't shake their faith, especially if they've already asked themselves similar questions.

grin.gif
Well this is a discussion forum and the topic is open for discussion. If religious ppl believe what they believe in and are comfortable with that I don't understand why they'd feel targeted. Discussion shouldn't shake their faith, especially if they've already asked themselves similar questions.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

grin.gif
because deep inside a majority of them have DOUBTS.  Real talk - I bet some of them have already ask themselves today if God is real.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

grin.gif
because deep inside a majority of them have DOUBTS.  Real talk - I bet some of them have already ask themselves today if God is real.

As a Muslim my view on this might be different than other people on here but here goes. I believe in my religion because I have not been convinced otherwise. From atheism to other religions, I personally have not been convinced that what I believe in is wrong. I've had my doubts about my religious text, The Holy Quran, but did my research and came to my own conclusion that it was not made up by some random person. I may be wrong, or I may be right, but either way I am comfortable with my beliefs.

BTW this pyramid quoting is getting out of hand.

As a Muslim my view on this might be different than other people on here but here goes. I believe in my religion because I have not been convinced otherwise. From atheism to other religions, I personally have not been convinced that what I believe in is wrong. I've had my doubts about my religious text, The Holy Quran, but did my research and came to my own conclusion that it was not made up by some random person. I may be wrong, or I may be right, but either way I am comfortable with my beliefs.

BTW this pyramid quoting is getting out of hand.

Its That Dude wrote:
Isn't the reason you don't want to go to hell is because you want to spend your eternal afterlife with him? 

and If you're talking about Jesus sacrificing himself and dying for us...

Evolution is real. This means that there was no Adam and Eve.  This means that there is no Original Sin because it never happened.  No one is born a sinner.  This means Jesus didn't have to die for us.  Even if everyone was born a sinner, why can't God just fix that?  He has the ability to, but why does he keep on making flawed humans?

Let's say evolution isn't real.  (it is).  How much of a sacrifice was it if God already knew that he was going to die and resurrect in 3 days?  The only thing he sacrificed was his time.  All that blood and gore was for his own pleasure.  Surely he could have forgiven humans with a snap of his fingers.  He's God.  He can do anything.  But since God is outside of time, he didn't even sacrifice any time at all!  Tell me, what did he sacrifice?
The Fear of Hell and the Fear of being away from The Father are to different things........I wouldn't even want to be at Disneyland if I didn't have Jesus! it's all about separation not to where you are being separated.
"Evolution is real" O! now I get it, because YOU say it is, I don't expect you to believe ME I really don't........that's all up to you, but YET you can say it's real as a fact statement, hmmm ok?

"why cant God just fix that" because then he would have to stop ever "BAD" thing, and bad to him is Sin and did you know a Lie is a Sin? so guess what he would have to make us "not lie" thus taking away our freewill

What did he sacrifice?........let me ask you, why do you think it was necessary for Jesus to do what he did? 

No doubt that the fear of hell and fear of being away from god are different.  What I was saying was that...you have to be afraid of going to hell as well because going to hell means that you will be far away from god.  
I gave you two scenarios; one where evolution is real, one where it isn't.  If you are Catholic (are you?  sounds like you are), know that the Catholic Church has already accepted evolution for the origins of life on this planet, including humans.  God did not make man from dirt.

It wasn't necessary for Jesus to die on the cross to forgive everyone's sins.  Jesus can do anything.  He could have forgiven us by picking his nose, scratching his butt, or even just thinking about it! There wasn't any need for a long and drawn out bloody death.  Was it to let us know that he loves us?  If so, he already knew that his actions would make us realize he loves us, thus taking away our free will.

Even then, how much did he "suffer?"  Millions of people battle with cancer for YEARS, much more than God ever did for us.  His sacrifice* pales in comparison.

So I ask you again, what did Jesus sacrifice?  

Assuming you were talking about the universe when you mentioned infinite progression, the universe is not infinitely expanding.  

If you want to talk about Newton's 3rd law of motion, know that evolution has nothing to do with it.  Newton's 3rd law is not a flaw or hole in evolution.  In fact, they're two completely different fields of science.

Its That Dude wrote:
Isn't the reason you don't want to go to hell is because you want to spend your eternal afterlife with him? 

and If you're talking about Jesus sacrificing himself and dying for us...

Evolution is real. This means that there was no Adam and Eve.  This means that there is no Original Sin because it never happened.  No one is born a sinner.  This means Jesus didn't have to die for us.  Even if everyone was born a sinner, why can't God just fix that?  He has the ability to, but why does he keep on making flawed humans?

Let's say evolution isn't real.  (it is).  How much of a sacrifice was it if God already knew that he was going to die and resurrect in 3 days?  The only thing he sacrificed was his time.  All that blood and gore was for his own pleasure.  Surely he could have forgiven humans with a snap of his fingers.  He's God.  He can do anything.  But since God is outside of time, he didn't even sacrifice any time at all!  Tell me, what did he sacrifice?
The Fear of Hell and the Fear of being away from The Father are to different things........I wouldn't even want to be at Disneyland if I didn't have Jesus! it's all about separation not to where you are being separated.
"Evolution is real" O! now I get it, because YOU say it is, I don't expect you to believe ME I really don't........that's all up to you, but YET you can say it's real as a fact statement, hmmm ok?

"why cant God just fix that" because then he would have to stop ever "BAD" thing, and bad to him is Sin and did you know a Lie is a Sin? so guess what he would have to make us "not lie" thus taking away our freewill

What did he sacrifice?........let me ask you, why do you think it was necessary for Jesus to do what he did? 

No doubt that the fear of hell and fear of being away from god are different.  What I was saying was that...you have to be afraid of going to hell as well because going to hell means that you will be far away from god.  
I gave you two scenarios; one where evolution is real, one where it isn't.  If you are Catholic (are you?  sounds like you are), know that the Catholic Church has already accepted evolution for the origins of life on this planet, including humans.  God did not make man from dirt.

It wasn't necessary for Jesus to die on the cross to forgive everyone's sins.  Jesus can do anything.  He could have forgiven us by picking his nose, scratching his butt, or even just thinking about it! There wasn't any need for a long and drawn out bloody death.  Was it to let us know that he loves us?  If so, he already knew that his actions would make us realize he loves us, thus taking away our free will.

Even then, how much did he "suffer?"  Millions of people battle with cancer for YEARS, much more than God ever did for us.  His sacrifice* pales in comparison.

So I ask you again, what did Jesus sacrifice?  

Assuming you were talking about the universe when you mentioned infinite progression, the universe is not infinitely expanding.  

If you want to talk about Newton's 3rd law of motion, know that evolution has nothing to do with it.  Newton's 3rd law is not a flaw or hole in evolution.  In fact, they're two completely different fields of science.

Back
Top Bottom