This Kendall Jenner Pepsi commercial tho...VOL DA HELL

Ok, this is a forum. I'm not saying anything out of line to rile people up, my last post I asked nicely... what is the issue that I am not seeing? Did something happen before with a black woman sorta like the ending scene with Kendall?

Instead of taking **** like most of you do, why not explain the issue for those who obviously not don't know if this is based on something that has happened before

The problem is they watering down what real protests mean. People fighting for normal human rights. Situations where people have had fire hoses sprayed at them, attacked by dogs, killed by police.

And here they are drinking soda and dancing.

Ok, this is a forum. I'm not saying anything out of line to rile people up, my last post I asked nicely... what is the issue that I am not seeing? Did something happen before with a black woman sorta like the ending scene with Kendall?

Instead of taking **** like most of you do, why not explain the issue for those who obviously not don't know if this is based on something that has happened before

Since you couldn't resist throwing one last shot at everyone in here, lemme throw one back at you before I explain why some find this offensive.

First: You seem to have your head so stuck in the sand that your brain doesn't seem to be firing correctly to comprehend race issues in America. Many of the dudes banned of NT for bigotry all said they had tons of black friends, they were still bigots. Your living around minorities doesn't mean ****.

Now:

The commercial is a corny unity commercial but they are using the imagery of protest because it is timely. Most of the high profile protest that have been going on recently, especially involving the police have been because of the shooting of unarmed black men. They have been violent, they were not happy occasions, they didn't symbolize unity, they were a rebellion against injustice.

If you would like to dislodge you head some day you can read of how horribly black people get treated by the criminal justice system, police shootings are the most visceral examples of that injustice. So some people don't like the resulting protesting to be leverage to selling some damb soda.

And Kendall's scene is probably a play of this famous pick..............

RT_protests_ml_160711_12x5_1600.jpg

Where a young black girl got arrested for peacefully protesting after yet another black man was shot dead.

These are not happy occasion they using to slang their soda, so excuse some black folk if they don't appreciate a multibillion dollar company leverage **** like this. Especially when they are quiet when the violence pops off.

Clear enough for you. If you disagree, ok, but for once practice some damb empathy.

-And maybe instead of using the black people that surround you as a shield to defend your bubble, try to actually understand the world they have to live in. Just occupying the same space does little.

Last edited:

Since you couldn't resist throwing one last shot at everyone in here, lemme throw one back at you before I explain why some find this offensive.

First: You have your head so stuck in the sand that your brain doesn't seem to be firing correctly to comprehend race issues in America. Many of the dudes banned of NT for bigotry all said they had tons of black friends, they were still bigots. Your living around minorities doesn't mean ****.

Now:

The commercial is a corny unity commercial but they are using the imagery of protest because it is timely. Most of the high profile protest that have been going on recently, especially involving the police have been because of the shooting of unarmed black men. They have been violent, they were not happy occasion, they didn't symbolize unity, they were a rebellion against injustice.

If you would like to dislodge you head some day you can read of how horribly black people get treated by the criminal justice system, police shootings are the most visceral examples of that injustice. So some people don't like the resulting protesting to be leverage to selling some damb soda.

Where a young black girl got arrested for peacefully protesting after yet another black man was shot dead.

These are not happy occasion they using to slang their soda, so excuse some black folk if they don't appreciate a multibillion dollar company leverage **** like this. Especially when they are quiet when the violence pops off.

Clear enough for you. If you disagree, ok, but for once practice some damb empathy.

-And maybe instead of using the black people that surround you as a shield to defend your bubble, try to actually understand the world they have to live in. Just occupying the same space does little.

Well one, thank you for the post. Understand and knew a lot of it for the most part.

I know much about the police brutality and what not going on for quite a long time but increasingly more the last few years.

My only question is, if the commercial remained the same and just changed Kendal to a black female, would everyone still be complaining? That's all I'm really trying to understand, are people offending because a white female is being used to stop the hate/violence?

Last edited:
I'm well aware of the issues and injustices that plague our country. I'm a black male(not that matters) and I see while I can see how some would feel Pepsi is making light of these issues, I myself don't see a problem with commercial.

My take away from the commercial was one promoting unity between all walks of life, and between the citizens and the police. The handing off of the Pepsi to the police came off as a peace offering to show solidarity.

My only question is, if the commercial remained the same and just changed Kendal to a black female, would everyone still be complaining? That's all I'm really trying to understand, are people offending because a white female is being used to stop the hate/violence?

Why you keep going back to that? :lol: The commercial itself is dumb, pointless and watered down.

But yes having a white girl savior is another reason why it's corny.

Last edited:

First: You have your head so stuck in the sand that your brain doesn't seem to be firing correctly to comprehend race issues in America. Many of the dudes banned of NT for bigotry all said they had tons of black friends, they were still bigots. Your living around minorities doesn't mean ****.

Now:

The commercial is a corny unity commercial but they are using the imagery of protest because it is timely. Most of the high profile protest that have been going on recently, especially involving the police have been because of the shooting of unarmed black men. They have been violent, they were not happy occasion, they didn't symbolize unity, they were a rebellion against injustice.

Well one, thank you for the post. Understand and knew a lot of it for the most part.

I know much about the police brutality and what not going on for quite a long time but increasingly more the last few years.

That is not solely the reason. They are just bringing up that it adds to the ridiculousness of the the commercial because of the "white savior" stuff.

If it was a black girl, it would probably still be clowned, just look at memes. What is mostly being clowned is the giving of the Pepsi.

I mean imo the ad is just top to bottom ridiculous. Kendall being the hero just adds to the buffoonery, she isn't the sole reason, it is like the cherry on top :lol: :lol:.

Last edited:
I feel like Both u and the racist guy are doin too much

If you feel like I'm "doing too much" by calling out racism.... Then you might be the one with the problem. Now, I'm not saying arguing on a thread will solve anything, but I will always call it out. Especially if it's a serious topic such as this.

If you choose to ignore it, by all means. But please don't try to police how I handle it, especially if you have nothing to contribute. Thank you.

Last edited:
I'm well aware of the issues and injustices that plague our country. I'm a black male(not that matters) and I see while I can see how some would feel Pepsi is making light of these issues, I myself don't see a problem with commercial.

My take away from the commercial was one promoting unity between all walks of life, and between the citizens and the police. The handing off of the Pepsi to the police came off as a peace offering to show solidarity.

The problem i have is who the media says people are outraged or mad when all i see is people ridiculing it and clowning.

Anytime black or minorities voice any opinion other than gratitude its labeled anger or rage.

I get tired of someone doing that can been as offensive no matter the level to that offense, and when someone calls that out we're the ones taking it too seriously. Its a ******* cop out and bigots been using it forever

If you feel like I'm "doing too much" by calling out racism.... Then you might be the one with the problem. Now, I'm not saying arguing on a thread will solve anything, but I will always call it out. Especially if it's a serious topic such as this.

If you choose to ignore it, by all means. But please don't try to police how I handle it, especially if you have nothing to contribute. Thank you.

My bad. All of it is just so damn tiring honestly

Damn

I'm racist because I understand the commercial as coming together and bringing peace? That's how I saw the commercial and having difference races come together

I just assumed people were angry because it's Kendall Jenner but hey I'm a racist for seeing it how a lot of people saw it even in this thread.

Now since one knowledgeable NTer went out and explained what some might not see after watching the commercial and truly understand it right off the bat, I can fully understand why some would be disgusted with it.

The problem i have is who the media says people are outraged or mad when all i see is people ridiculing it and clowning.

Anytime black or minorities voice any opinion other than gratitude its labeled anger or rage.

I get tired of someone doing that can been as offensive no matter the level to that offense, and when someone calls that out we're the ones taking it too seriously. Its a ******* cop out and bigots been using it forever

Trust me I completely agree with you, it is frustrating, but in this case I don't see the issues. If I'm tripping please someone point out the issues in a articulate manner. I just based my thoughts on what I took from the video.

Listen, I was frustrated with Zyzz's original comment, but if the dude is willing to update is previous feelings and see the topic though someone else point of view, then he should be commended for doing at least that.

NT has had a ton of legit bigots over the years, I have argued with them for pages, they double down in the face of facts and alternative points of view, they don't do what Zyzz did.

I understand the frustration, but it might be worth it for us to take a step back especially when someone says they understand where you are coming from.

Last edited:

Damn

I'm racist because I understand the commercial as coming together and bringing peace? That's how I saw the commercial and having difference races come together

I just assumed people were angry because it's Kendall Jenner but hey I'm a racist for seeing it how a lot of people saw it even in this thread.

Now since one knowledgeable NTer went out and explained what some might not see after watching the commercial and truly understand it right off the bat, I can fully understand why some would be disgusted with it.

Next time take a moment, use your brain and assess. If you constantly jump out the gate dismissing issues (yes, you have a long history of it) you've fully earned the labels by your own jumpiness. You're a grown *** man, everyone won't have the patience to explain things to you like you're a child. Help yourself.

Trust me I completely agree with you, it is frustrating, but in this case I don't see the issues. If I'm tripping please someone point out the issues in a articulate manner. I just based my thoughts on what I took from the video.

Put it like this. My post was the first respone in here, i called ot shameless. I called it that cause not just a month or so back had one of the largest mass worldwide demonstration for women's rights and the civil rights of oppressed people worldwide. Millions hit the street that.

Where was pepsi then? Where was their sponsoring?

Where was kendall? So after watching people get out and making something happen, you decide to make a bubblegum version of said march? Thats my critisim of it. Its standing on a soapbox in front of your friends instead of out where everyone can see.

Then add in the reality of protests. People are hurt, assaulted and killed standing up for justice and whats right. You or I don't get smiles when we walk up with open arms.

Its a disney version of the fight freedom that is a joke to anyone who identify with that fight.

If They would have done some **** and had promotion where what you buy goes to some **** i would have been at least been like they trying. But naw they just want people to cop pepsi. Then do that **** with kendall coming out a pool or do some funny **** with some comedian.

Like i said shameless. They didn't even have the balls to stand behind it cause they knew it was tone deaf.

I totally understand and agree. Which is why I was done arguing with him after the "I have black friends" comment. Some people you just can't reach, and it takes away from real discussion that can be had. All it leads to is
I just saw maronzio vance in that lopez show trailer and now in a random gif.
laugh.gif

Wonder what he has to say about this...

Damn

This is my last time engaging you in this thread. Because I'm ready to drop it.

I explained to you why I called you out. You turn a blind eye to things that don't personally effect you, and chalk it up to "fake outrage", which in itself is a use of your own (white) privledge. If you can look past things such as; black face, Hulk Hogan's comments, and make oblivious comments to this topic and, use the "black friends" deflection, you sir are going to be looked at as ...yep, you guessed it.

Also, I'm not giving you the benefit of the doubt of not understanding why folks are upset with the ad. H2HK and several others have made posts explaining why this can be found offensive. You choose to ignore them, and continue on being oblivious with your condescending demeanor. (Again, this does not concern you, so who are you to give an opinion without full understanding of the issue. That is ignorant.)

This is what you do in race threads. As I said in my first response to you..if you're not going to be an ally (or at least try to understand from the start)..stay quiet or continue to be labeled as racist. I'm not calling you that because it's just something to throw around. I'm calling you that because you fit the description. If you don't like that, please try to evaluate yourself and LISTEN before speaking.

Goodnight

I legit read your post up to the hulk hogan part which is the second time you bought it up. I remember it, not much but I remember saying I felt bad for him... yes. Where exactly did I say he didn't do anything wrong? :lol: he's an idiot but yes I felt bad for him because everyone and everything he worked for especially wrestling wise was wiped clean at the time because of some comments he made I think. Don't remember exactly what was said or when.

I'm not allowed to feel bad for the guys life getting ruined, just because I said that doesn't mean I agree with what he said or did :lol: that makes me a racist for feeling a different way while still thinking that person was in the wrong?

the other thread you're referring to, I have no idea so I won't comment.

I was saying how I felt at the time of reading the comments and trying to trigger a conversation that would help me understand. U have no idea whether or not I had something to add and I wasn't policing.

I don't see nothing wrong with the commercial. I also don't drink soda therefore, I don't care

[h1]All 23 things wrong with Pepsi’s Kendall Jenner advert[/h1][h3]Enter the misguided character, Only Kinda Racist Cop.[/h3]
A new day, a new terrible thing on the internet. Yes, it is with a heavy heart that I must announce that the brands are at it again. Overnight, popular carbonated sugar water company Pepsi released their new advert featuring known attractive person Kendall Jenner.

Yes, we see Kendall doing some modelling, before a passing protester gives her a cheeky inclusive wink, and she puts the trappings of capitalism away to go on a march. There, she sees a police officer giving a black protester a dirty look. She offers him a delicious Pepsi[emoji]169[/emoji]. He drinks the Pepsi, and smiles, for racism is now dead.

Viewers were quick to point out the absurdity of this commodification of protest imagery and trivialization of police brutality:

Yes, this is definitely The Worst thing about this video. But there are so, so many Bad Things here. Let’s take a closer look at all of them, in excruciating detail, in chronological order:

1. Why is Kendall Jenner doing a shoot in a random doorway? What is it for? Homebase? Wickes?

2. Why has this person brought a cello to a protest? Did he not read the NYMAG guides? Because, mate, not bringing a really heavy musical instrument as you pound the streets all day is like, protesting 101. He gives her a not-at-all creepy nod that says, “Come, join us in the struggle over vague platitudes.”

3. The signs, oh good God, the utterly meaningless signs. “LoVE”, “PEACE”, “uniTY”,  the real kicker, “Join The conversation!” (How long do we think it will be before Pepsi responds to the backlash by saying “We wanted to spark a conversation, so thanks to all who engaged with out message.”) There’s also one that looks like a no entry sign behind a blue heart? What does that mean? No love?! I’m getting mixed messages here, guys.

4. Kendall looks at the crowd – her interest is immediately piqued. I’m not sure why, because those generic signs give absolutely no clue as to what they could be fighting for. This could be an anti-Kardashian protest for all Kendall knows. But it is of no consequence. Literally just seeing unspecified protests is enough for Kendall to get involved, she doesn’t give a flying one what it’s for, she just wants to get those heels on the concrete. She is a protest junkie.

5. So moved is Kendall that she immediately whips off her blonde wig and throws it at the nearest black woman. She can deal with it, right? Like, what else would she be here for?

6. The blonde wig reveals an identical haircut, but brown, because everyone knows brown hair is more serious.

7. She smudges her purple lipstick across her face, dramatically. How did that help anything, Kendall. Calm down.

8. The signs get even stupider. Because Pepsi wants to, like, be as cool as protesting, but not with any of that weird divisive stuff like “women and black people are human beings, too”.

9. Enter misguided character: Only Kinda Racist Cop.

10. Kendall has miraculously changed into a totally new outfit (we call this look, “I’m just like you, but better!”) complete with perfect make up and pale pink lipstick. This is not what happens when you rub purple lipstick all over your face, kids. Just FYI.

11. She exchanges a glance with Cello Man, one that says, “Yeah, I dig that you brought a cello here, that seems normal and not at all overly strenuous. We get each other, me and you.”

12. Kendall (sorta) fist bumps this guy with her Pepsi hand, which as we all know is code for “I’m not, like, a regular white. I’m a cool white.”

13. Which, of course, Only Kinda Racist Cop hates.

14. But Kendall spots his racism a mile off (see: cool white). Don’t worry, civil rights movements. Kendall’s got this.

15. The nearest woman of colour immediately begins to document this moment of white heroism. Like, what else would she be here for?

16. Kendall approaches the (inexplicably non-armed?!) police in a scene reminiscent of a famous #BlackLivesMatter image, only this time, your Friendly Neighbourhood Only Kinda Racist Cops are not armed (wow, armed, police, that would be scary!), Kendall Jenner is here instead, and there is no actual cause to speak of.

17. Only Kinda Racist Cop sips a cool refreshing Pepsi Max[emoji]169[/emoji], and the crowd goes wild.

18. Truly, world peace has been achieved at last.

19. Only Kinda Racist Cop turns to his buddie. “Hey man, what can I say?” his face says. “I’m only kinda racist, and this is a lovely carbonated soda.”

20. Live BOLDER, okay? Be MORE cheeky in your interactions with the police! Approach them MORE recklessly! Everything Will Be Fine (As Long As You’re White!)

21. Please tell me who thought “Live For Now” would be a good slogan for a drinks campaign riffing on police brutality.

22. That encourages interactions with the police.

23. In a country where minorities are murdered by the police.
http://www.newstatesman.com/culture...23-things-wrong-pepsi-s-kendall-jenner-advert

Back
Top Bottom