This vid might change your mind about eating at Golden Corral....

I don't rock with buffets due to unsanitary customers & sub-par food, but this gives me more reason not to go. 

Damn man. Our coach took us to Golden Coral before every time we had an away basketball game in high school. I loved that **** too :lol:

Like all business, not all establishments are created equal.

With that said, there's nothing wrong with going to a buffer and its quite unfortunate GC's image is going to suffer quite a bit given the distribution of this improper restaurant business practice.

If I spilled the beans on all the things, I've seen within this industry and others you wouldn't want to patronize plenty for ish (that includes some of the familiar brands you know and love).

Ignorance is bliss, in a mass materialistic and consumerist's society like the United States. Sometimes I wish we were more like other companies, when following standard business policies (eg: Japan).

The price of freedom, I guess that's the trade off. *kanye shrug*
theres a cook at the restaurant i work at and he used to work for gc. he's a pretty straight forward dude and told me the obvious, like they use crap products, the cheap meat, and use a heck of a lot of cheap oil to cook it in. But never said about bad about the work conditions or about poor food handling. Maybe it was just this particular gc?

sick.gif
thats disgusting......

How do I know they weren't just throwing that food away and were rushing for the inspection???

Look man, the standard of living everywhere in the country is not equal. The food standard here in the Bay Area is straight up higher than Golden Corral. 

I've never even seen one in CA, you'd probably have to go out to the central valley or something just to find it if there is one. 

I guess ignorance is bliss but you should come out to CA and bless your pallet  one time. 

There's a better option than Golden Corral no matter where you live

I've never heard of this place. And the Chinese buffet by me has their cooks preparing fresh food right behind the counter. So there is absolutely no way they'll spit in your food . Someone will see it.

The type of buffet where u order stuff and they cook it for you > *
Also. How do you not go out to eat things like sushi ? You guys make your own ? :lol:

^ MECKS you can make your own sushi. It has to be fresh fish, never frozen. I recommend it. Now it won't be 5 star quality unless you get really good at it which needs some training. Some fish you need to be certified to prepare, and studied for years under someone before being certified -- because if you prepare it wrong it could be fatally poisonous, i.e. blowfish.

I've made California rolls at the crib before. Wasn't the best I had by any means but was still pretty cool just knowing I did it.

Who eats that garbage place anyways? I went there once as a kid on a field trip, I barely ate. I'd rather eat Mickey D's

Look man, the standard of living everywhere in the country is not equal. The food standard here in the Bay Area is straight up higher than Golden Corral. 

I've never even seen one in CA, you'd probably have to go out to the central valley or something just to find it if there is one. 

I guess ignorance is bliss but you should come out to CA and bless your pallet  one time. 
You're too good for a place because you live in CA? LOL, yes ignorance is bliss.....

Real talk. These people could care less about your food. I've worked in numerous restaurants and the employees really don't care. Would you care if you were paid mininum wage to serve a dish with care and perfection? The only thing restaurants do is throw in extra butter, extra salt, and this qualifies them to charge 2 to 3 times what it would cost to make at home? Pathetic. Go to your supermarket, buy your own food, salt and pepper, and call it a day. Save money and save yourself from this ********
mean.gif

All the germs get killed when its cooked lol
They hid the food because most likely they are expired and if the inspector finds them, they will get fined and/or potentially closed down if it's bad enough. A common practice in smaller mom and pops places.

You're too good for a place because you live in CA? LOL, yes ignorance is bliss.....
:lol: Yes. As if CA has no low income areas. How is this place different than say, a Hometown Buffet, which has presence in CA?

:stoneface: @ thinking this happens everywhere.
A good number of my friends from undergrad went onto becoming county food inspectors and they are grossed out by what they find on a daily basis, even at the more upscale places. Lots of shady stuff happens too, ie manager tries to slip one of my friends $500 to give him a pass :lol:

There's a whole load of laws and regs they have to follow, ie the proper dimension of a cooling pan used to house certain items to adequately cool down the stuff in a proper manner, and how to properly stack trays of meats, ie chicken on top of beef so if the juice from the chicken drips down to the beef, it would be OK since you have to cook beef at a higher temp. (The meats may not be correct, but the principle is. It's been many years since I've learned about this in class, and don't work in this field).

Back
Top Bottom