This wedding is killing me!

...and I'm not even the one getting married.  I'm the best man.  Honestly I hate being in weddings. 

This dude is getting married to a chick I barely know.  Its going to be hell trying to pretend I'm super happy all day around both their families.  If I knew her as a person better things would be easier on all of us.  On top of that is a black, christian wedding and many of the families are "southern".  That means I'm gonna have to be around a lot "god bless", "gods plan", "in the lords hands", "lets pray" comments the whole weekend.  And these type of people are so damn nosy and love gossip.  I really don't feel like introducing myself to bunch of family members that I will never see again.  I honestly just want to get this over with. 

Also I hate public speaking.  I have to do a toast/speech for my man and his wife they I barely know.  Its going to be hard to come off genuine because I'm not good at that.  I'll probably end up practicing this thing 1000 times. 

Oh and the reception...I'm not big on dancing unless I'm trying to smash a chick which is usually when I'm drunk.  Other than that you can save your cha cha slides or whatever.  Another thing is they only having wine at the reception.  So basically nobody is getting wasted.  I'm not about to bring my own stuff and be turnt up while everybody else is sipping some wine.   I can see it now Random Aunt: "why aren't you dancing?".  Fall back lady
indifferent.gif

I sound selfish but so what.  I'm being forced to be part of an event that I don't have any control over. 

Wedding ain't about you...
laugh.gif
@ being forced &
laugh.gif
@ being mad your boy is marrying a girl YOU barely know....If you felt this strongly about this marriage, you wouldn't have agreed to be the best man. Sour grapes. Be happy for your boy and keep it moving.

then why did you agree to be the best man? its an honor to be asked, but if you dont even want to put forth the effort then why agree to it?

Only wine? That ain't no fun. Weddings is when you get drunk cause everybodys happy.

Any of her bridesmaids cute at least?

if thats not the simplest wedding complaints ive ever seen...

a few god bless you's and a toast? cmon dunny

Grow a set of balls bro. 1: if its christian doubt there be dancing. Other than the cha cha slide etc for the kids2: u act like shaking somebodys hand & stating your name is hell3: maybe some "God Bless You" will be good for u 4: If hes your "Man", grow up & go. If not, stay home.

I can understand how trivial and upsetting this can be when you are getting calls for work outs from just about every NBA team

Wheres my homie DC at.  He will understand my pain
laugh.gif

Don't ya'll understand everybody doesn't like being "in the spotlight" at social events especially around people you don't know. 

In this aspect I'm more LeBron than Kobe
laugh.gif
  *passes mic and wine glass to Haslem*  

Ol'debbiedowner you. Be happy for your boy and appreciate he chose you to be his best man.

True story a co-worker of mine who I became friends with asked me to be his best man. I accepted, knowing he was having his ceremony at the renaissance fair LOL I never met one person in his family and I was still there to support him with out any complaints. Not my scene but it was a cool/funny experience.

Fam, easy solution...give up the role of a best man, he made a wrong choice by choosing you and you should be a good enough friend to at least let him know.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Fam, easy solution...give up the role of a best man, he made a wrong choice by choosing you and you should be a good enough friend to at least let him know.

sw9tzn.gif

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by ksteezy

sw9tzn.gif
laugh.gif

wrong context, but #KoldWorld

Anybody else notices it cost major bread to be in a damn wedding!

Please don't sleep on the wine man, I did for a while too.

Weddings are mad fun, trust me you have a good time. Now the public speakin and not knowing his shorty, I'm with you on that.

Put em up wrote:
Anybody else notices it cost major bread to be in a damn wedding!

Please don't sleep on the wine man, I did for a while too.

Weddings are mad fun, trust me you have a good time. Now the public speakin and not knowing his shorty, I'm with you on that.

Yep but I don't wanna hear the #poor jokes from the NT trust fund babies and drug kingpins. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Wedding ain't about you...
laugh.gif
@ being forced &
laugh.gif
@ being mad your boy is marrying a girl YOU barely know....If you felt this strongly about this marriage, you wouldn't have agreed to be the best man. Sour grapes. Be happy for your boy and keep it moving.
QFT.  You're not a victim.  You agreed to it so it's up to you to either deal with it or let him appoint someone else to that position.

I'm feeling nice as *!*$ right now off some wine. Don't sleep on the wine man, I'm telling you.

If that's your dude, then it's your obligation to reach out to his soon to be wife and create a friendship. My best friend is getting married in July and I don't really know his chick that well but I reach out to her every instance I hear about a recent accomplishment of hers or anything of that sorts. You can't be bitter and use the lack of relationship with her as an excuse. It's your responsibility to make her feel welcome and comfortable to the circle, or else your circle will have one less member because she will feel unwelcomed and take him away. If that's your dude, then you should know the caliber of women he's gonna settle down with, and in the end, that's all you need to establish a bond.

And what you mean rehearse a best man speech. If that's your dude then it should just flow from the heart. Just speak about your bond. If it's real it don't need practice.

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

If that's your dude, then it's your obligation to reach out to his soon to be wife and create a friendship. My best friend is getting married in July and I don't really know his chick that well but I reach out to her every instance I hear about a recent accomplishment of hers or anything of that sorts. You can't be bitter and use the lack of relationship with her as an excuse. It's your responsibility to make her feel welcome and comfortable to the circle, or else your circle will have one less member because she will feel unwelcomed and take him away. If that's your dude, then you should know the caliber of women he's gonna settle down with, and in the end, that's all you need to establish a bond.

I don't agree at all.

I'm not reaching out to another man's woman.  I'm social and things have been cool the few times I've been around her, but I just feel like I should've been around her more.  I told him that too but nothing has really changed.  Its on him to bridge the gap between wife and friends not the friends.

Back
Top Bottom