Thought this was funny

Was wondering if I was the only one to notice this..... new show coming out called "The Goldbergs".... A comedy about a family taking place in the 80's. This is suppose to be a family photo of them taken around 1985... they have the son wearing the 1's but they are the 2013 retro.

goldbergs.jpg

uhhh close enough... they prbly didnt care or want to shell out og money ..& they be yellowed so .....

C'MON peole get a clue. This is a new episode coming soon right? Well to make an 80's show

sem real, and up to date, he had to wear 2013's as if it were  OG pair.

I doubt the producer's main concern was what's on the kid's shoe's tongue.... most of the people who will watch the show won't know, notice, see, or care lol.

Jordans are everywhere in popular culture. That's the MAIN reason why they're not considered as stylish as they once were. They're just basic.  IMPO wearing Jordans with your clothes makes it less of a fit. If you're going to go with sneakers, come with something that the average person hasn't seen a thousand times before. This is the main reason the Diamond Turf II retro was so  popular. The average person would see those and go "WTF is that!!???"

On another note, I thought the 80's craze was over. We went through that for 10+ years. Now all the 90's stuff is coming back (hair styles, clothes ect.).

Im not trying to start a debate thread lol.... I just thought it was funny that they went far enough to have an accurate description of the shoe for the year... but didnt slap on a tag. The person who set this up obviously had some knowledge.anyway I agree its cool that they tried to impliment it.

Im not trying to start a debate thread lol.... I just thought it was funny that they went far enough to have an accurate description of the shoe for the year... but didnt slap on a tag. The person who set this up obviously had some knowledge. anyway I agree its cool that they tried to impliment it.
You're right, man. Everyone and their mom knows about Air Jordans (and by this I mean they are somewhat knowledgeable. My mom can identify sig models and she's nearly 70). It's not that they didn't know or figured that people wouldn't know or wouldn't notice, they just dropped the ball and got lazy. I think sometimes we forget that it's the most popular sig on the planet.

Last edited:
close enuff, like they are gonna drop 500+ when they can drop like 100 on the new ones. OP you trippn!

Last edited:
They could have kept artistic integrity and bought the OG High 1's that came out this year (Royals, Black Toes, or Shadows)... but I assume they started filming for this show last year.

But lettuce not get our panties in a bunch, this is a Tv show, they're not experts on sneakers. Besides, even the OG himself, Will Smith, was rocking 2003 Black/Gold patent 1s and trying to pass them off as OGs in his college flashback scene in Hitch...

They could have kept artistic integrity and bought the OG High 1's that came out this year (Royals, Black Toes, or Shadows)... but I assume they started filming for this show last year.

But lettuce not get our panties in a bunch, this is a Tv show, they're not experts on sneakers. Besides, even the OG himself, Will Smith, was rocking 2003 Black/Gold patent 1s and trying to pass them off as OGs in his college flashback scene in Hitch...
damn droppin knowledge

Strongly doubt they had sneaker enthusiasts in mind when creating his look. It's like watching a movie that's time period was set in the '70's, but you manage to see "newer" vehicles mixed in with vehicles/settings of that era.

Yep no they don't care bout none of that. It's a tv show from the 80s he's got ones on. Normal people are gonna associate the 1s with the 80s and be like "oh damn look at that". Not whether it has a Nike air tag or jumpman.

Yep no they don't care bout none of that. It's a tv show from the 80s he's got ones on. Normal people are gonna associate the 1s with the 80s and be like "oh damn look at that". Not whether it has a Nike air tag or jumpman.
Ya no kidding. Im just saying its a cool little implementation they did. Almost nailed it.

they thought it would be more authentic (to most people) if he has new looking ones than olddd looking ones with nike air.

99% of the people that will be watching this show won't even know that Jordan's used to have NA on them

Is anyone for NT even going to watch this show.... Doubt it

Back
Top Bottom