Thought to Speech FAIL? Volume I suck at saying what Im thinking

Anyone else like this? I can get my thoughts down on paper just fine, but when I speak what I intended to say is never said. I'll be looking at asituation (maybe thinking bout what to say to some breezie) and I'll have some grade A dialogue going on upstairs. However, when I go and actually talk Ican never verbalize my thoughts the way I was thinking them. Anybody else like this...how to fix this?

It could be nerves or something? Just be calm when you talk to whomever you trying to say something to. Or take a speech class that makes you talk out loud toan audience. That helps ALOT! I had to take a speech class not only did it help me talk to a crowd but to talk to anyone without getting nervous.

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-

I don't think you should have a dialogue. Just go up there and do it.

It happens to the best of us. I've gotten used to saying "woah, excuse me..." and then starting all over jaja

take a speech class, they teach you mad tricks to the trade. Breezie game has been on point ever since, word to this guy
cover.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RuleOfThirds

The trick is to speak slow, trust me it works.
^ that. being able to articulate your thoughts well will is definitely an important trait. think twice before you speak but dont hesitate. reallyfocus on delivering each thought slow and precisely. harder you work at it, the easier it will become for you.

also the old advise of practicing in front of a mirror isn't just talk. it helps a lot of people get over being self-conscious about talking in front ofpeople, if you're comfortable looking at yourself in the mirror and talking confidently it will really show when you talk in front of people. exuding thatconfidence is key.

The problem is you're thinking about it. You need to stop thinking and learn how to react on the fly. Especially with girls. Stop trying to write the storyin your head before you act it out because when things go left of the path you thought out you won't know how to respond. All you need to know is thebeginning and the end, that is, how you'll spark the conversation and what you want to get out of the conversation. Everything in between should be improvimo.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

take a speech class, they teach you mad tricks to the trade. Breezie game has been on point ever since, word to this guy
I will be taking one either in the spring or next summer
laugh.gif

All great suggestions. I guess the key is to being "in the moment" so what I am saying is what I am thinking. If you ask females/people I come acrossconfident, eloquent, articulate and well spoken. I was the Vice Pres of Student Council...so it is not like a problem in terms of communicating with people. Itis more of a problem that I think differently than I speak. I'm not sure why and it has annoyed me for many years. Best example I can give: Find out I havean interview for so and so company. Immediately I think of what I want to say and it sounds GREAT in my head. Like speechwriter for a politician level great.Then I stop thinking about it and 100/100 times what I say in the interview is completely different. I can never take the really good verbage/conversationalskill I have when Im thinking about something and translate that ability to actually speaking. Sigh...can't even properly explain what I mean. Simply put,it is hella annoying when you think words in a certain order/phrase/style of speech and what you actually say is completely different. I can easily imagine howa british person speaks and emulate that in my mind..but when I go to try it with my voice i can never do it.

Back
Top Bottom