Thoughts on the confederate flag

Bingo. I saw da draft upheaval that night and was reminded of it today with da flag in da back which indeed confirms that southern pride nuance people were explaining & addressing. (It also says southern pride right on da flag.)

It has nothing to do with "southern pride".....Laremy Tunsil played for the "Ole Miss Rebels". Dude is sitting in a random dorm with the old school logo flag behind him. It's actually the mascot. Gotta understand the context of the pic.

View media item 2032776
View media item 2032786
This is the pic. It has more to do with the School Logo...than Tunsil representing the confederate flag...or using it as some form of "southern pride". He's not taking up for the flag or some sht. Dude is just sitting a dorm room, with a football logo behind him.

The real problem is the history of racism at Ole Miss....and how their logo is a reminder of it.

Reaching here.

That flag has been a symbol of hate for the longest, masqueraded as "southern pride" to allow them to wave their hate directly in your face

screen-shot-2015-06-30-at-3-03-40-pm.png

Bingo. I saw da draft upheaval that night and was reminded of it today with da flag in da back which indeed confirms that southern pride nuance people were explaining & addressing. (It also says southern pride right on da flag.)

It has nothing to do with "southern pride".....Laremy Tunsil played for the "Ole Miss Rebels". Dude is sitting in a random dorm with the old school logo flag behind him. It's actually the mascot. Gotta understand the context of the pic.

View media item 2032776
View media item 2032786
This is the pic. It has more to do with the School Logo...than Tunsil representing the confederate flag...or using it as some form of "southern pride". He's not taking up for the flag or some sht. Dude is just sitting a dorm room, with a football logo behind him.

The real problem is the history of racism at Ole Miss....and how their logo is a reminder of it.

Reaching here.

Reaching? Gee i wonder who that cartoon is :lol:

Reaching? Gee i wonder who that cartoon is :lol:

I'm saying, dude isn't consciously representing the confederate flag. Don't know how that flew over your head. The confederate flag is a symbol of racism and hate.

*Waits for you to post lil Jon pic* to show that confederate flag is a symbol for "southern pride".

I'm not understanding. So because you can find some pics of black dudes wearing the flag that somehow nullifies wat it stands for ?

Lol wtf :lol:

Ain't you from NY ? Seem like your just doing this to incite a reaction at this point

Or maybe da Confederate flag means nothing to me because im a a product of Hispanic immigration.

Da 1st time i ever seen da rebel flag was..

dukes-of-hazzard-general-lee.jpg

And from da 80's-entire 90's-entire 00's..there was no problem with da flag.

From a NYC perspective I seen more southern rappers rock that flag then any white boy..

Symbolism and emblems only mean what da person who is using it makes it mean, hence why speech control is stupid be because, you can make everything mean anything.

For da record i could care less either way. Da bump was relevant to me cuz i was watching da NFL draft controversy early online and da background was relevant.

Last edited:
That flag has been a symbol of hate for the longest, masqueraded as "southern pride" to allow them to wave their hate directly in your face

What does the male Lauryn Hill that is the beta in his own group have to do with this? Pastor Troy and Lil Jon were waving those flags too. They fell for the same "southern pride" delusions as well.

^^^thats an interesting observation by ninja, where was all the uproar to abolish the flag In The 80s 90s and first decade of the 2000s

Last edited:
The Confederate Flag is the flag representing a movement that's main purpose was to defend the institution of slavery.

You know, to keep black people as property.

No matter if it wasn't a major issue a couple years ago, FROM THE JUMP, it represented something racist and disgusting.

No amount of black people displaying it, it being in pop culture, or not a "big deal" when we were children changes that.

The flag is a racist symbol, and has been that way from day one

Last edited:

What does the male Lauryn Hill that is the beta in his own group have to do with this? Pastor Troy and Lil Jon were waving those flags too. They fell for the same "southern pride" delusions as well.

Or maybe a symbol can mean more than 1 thing to different people? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

The Confederate Flag is the flag representing a movement that's main purpose was to defend the institution of slavery.

You know, to keep black people as property.

No matter if it wasn't a major issue a couple years ago, FROM THE JUMP, it represented something racist and disgusting.

No amount of black people displaying it, it being in pop culture, or not a "big deal" when we were children changes that.

The flag is a racist symbol, and has been that way from day one

I agree but all the time it's been around why just now are people calling for a ban on it?

I agree but all the time it's been around why just now are people calling for a ban on it?

Huh ? Maybe because people smartened up and realized wat it stood for ?

You realize it took 400 years to abolish slavery and another hundred until the civil rights act went into affect right

There have been people trying to get them taken down where I live and in surrounding areas for years but there are more people who want it than don't want it. We've had protest for AND against the flag.

They even started adding new ones, there's a huge confederate flag waving off 95 like 15 min from my crib.

It is no surprise to me, confederate generals are looked at as heroes to some here. We have roads, schools, and monuments named for them. It's a slap in the face to me personally.

You realize it took 400 years to abolish slavery and another hundred until the civil rights act went into affect right

So if thats da logic you wanna go with wouldn't...

fc8a3eb0-400c-44d9-9378-d95b7a2e94ac.jpg

Be just as "racist" and represent slavery too? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

That doesn't sound logical. As if people didn't always know what it stood for? Or they just figured it out in last 2 years?

Believe me I'm not some flag waving Patriot but if you can't see the difference between that and the confederat flag then your trolling ...hard :lol:

Where's the rally to have this statue removed in DC? Founder of the kkk

View media item 2032809

Like these:

View media item 2032813
And there has always been criticism for the Confederate flag as being racist. The Dixiecrats and Klan used it because they knew what it symbolized. But back then, folk were fighting a bigger battle so there wasn't time to chase that smaller victory.

It was a relatively fringe issue, that has become very mainstream now, just like with many things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom