Thoughts on the confederate flag

It's illegal all throughout Europe to fly that hateful *** flag but guess what flag the Euro white supremacists flag instead? :smh:

exactly, they adopted the confederate flag because they both symbolize the exact same thing.

The story about the Brazilian village that celebrates the confederacy is one of insane irony. They celebrate the flag because a few old Confederate veterans left the States after getting their butts handed to them during the Civil war and ended up settling in that small Brazilian town. Of course they did what any good WS would do in the same situation and they procreated with the native Brazilians and now their descendants celebrate the flag as a tribute to their ancestry not knowing the actual meaning and purpose of it :lol:. How's that for irony :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
The story about the Brazilian village that celebrates the confederacy is one of insane irony. They celebrate the flag because a few old Confederate veterans left the States after getting their butts handed to them during the Civil war and ended up settling in that small Brazilian town. Of course they did what any good WS would do in the same situation and they procreated with the native Brazilians and now their descendants celebrate the flag as a tribute to their ancestry not knowing the actual meaning and purpose of it :lol:. How's that for irony :rofl: :rofl:

Crazy :smh:

Based on the title in the link alone, I can't bring myself to read that in good consciousness.

Last edited:
What do you guys think of this? http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...onfederate-flag-believe-slavery-was-a-choice/

I believe it should be gone, weren't the Confederates defeated?

:wow: at those people.... It's like...

They choose to ignore the meaning just to placate to the Masses.

The chick said "this group isn't racists because they let me in and I'm black!"

Dahell...

I hear folks say the civil wat was for slavery.

I do NOT think that's what cranked up the war.

I think black people were given freedom so the north could win... But the freedom of black people was merely a byproduct and not the main reason for war.

With that being said, the Confederate flag of today DIRECTLY stands for white supremacy...

Like... How do they not see that?

What do you guys think of this? http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...onfederate-flag-believe-slavery-was-a-choice/

I believe it should be gone, weren't the Confederates defeated?
Old racist heads looking at this broad reminiscing the good ol days when obedient negros served master.  This broad is so damn confused switching from the NOI to the confederacy.  how does that even happen lol? 

if slave owners were still able to breed the slaves they'd want... these 2 right here would produce the very best servant. 

wire_flag_20871811_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

CHATTANOOGA — A former Dunlap mayor wants to create what could be the largest image of the Confederate battle flag in the South to preserve what he says is an important part of American history and his own heritage.

The Chattanooga Times Free Press reports that Carson Camp wants to use the side of Fredonia Mountain in the pastoral Sequatchie Valley to paint the flag, which would be as large as two football fields.

Camp’s family owns several hundred acres on the Cumberland Plateau, including a portion of one of the Trail of Tears routes onto the plateau.

Camp, who is also a coal mining historian, said the idea for the flag monument came about when he and his son were discussing the impact of the recent fatal shooting of nine people at a black church in South Carolina. The white suspect, 21-year-old Dylann Storm Roof, posed in photos displaying Confederate flags.

The violent rampage sparked renewed debate over the flag. Many southern politicians have called for its removal from statehouses and license plates, and retailers such as Walmart and Amazon stopped selling it.

Some Tennessee lawmakers want a bust of Nathan Bedford Forrest — rebel general, slave trader and early Ku Klux Klan member — to be removed from the state Capitol, and plans to remove Forrest’s statue and gravesite from a park in Memphis are moving forward.

“My son said, ‘What can we do to stop this? They’re taking down every symbol of the South,’” said Camp, who is a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, and has Confederate battle flags and memorabilia scattered throughout his home.

“I said, ‘If we wanted to there’s nothing that tells me we can’t go up there and clean out 10 acres and put the world’s biggest Confederate flag up.’”

Camp said Roof’s actions were “horrible,” but connecting the Confederate symbol with the suspect’s own racist agenda is unfair to history and those with historic family ties to the Confederacy.

Camp said his great-great-grandfather, R.C. Camp, was 14 when he joined the Confederate Army and served in the cavalry under Forrest. R.C. Camp was captured in 1863 and sent to a Union prison camp in Chicago. He survived and returned to Sequatchie County, where he died in 1922.

NAACP Chattanooga chapter president Dr. Elenora Woods said the issue comes down to considering one another’s feelings and emotions alongside their historic experience.

“You’ve got two different life experiences. The life experience of African-Americans is different when you talk about the time upon which the Confederate flag was waved,” Woods said.

“It was a terrible time. But for those who were fighting for slavery, that’s the flag they waved. So if your life experience, or the window you’re looking out of was not the window that said, ‘I am a slave,’ you might not have a problem with it.”

Camp said the grid for the flag would be laid out using global positioning satellites, and it would be built from stones painted in red, white and blue water-based paint.

Dunlap Mayor Dwain Land defended Camp’s freedom of speech and said the small town of Dunlap could benefit economically from Camp’s plans.

“It’s his property, he can do what he wants,” Land said. “From an economic standpoint, if it turns out to be a sightseeing site like Mount Rushmore or Stone Mountain, Georgia, it’ll be a benefit for Dunlap.”

Dunlap, with a population of about 4,200, is some 30 miles north of Chattanooga in East Tennessee.
[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]  [/h1]

I don't get it. If you really want to rep being from the south why don't you just use the flag of your state? :lol: too easy/logical I guess

The battle flag may be removed...

That's what I'm hearing now. 

I'd be very surprised if it came down. Law makers debating now...
mean.gif

You talking about rednecks, now...

Is 'redneck' acceptable on NT?

Again, rednecks and racists are the same thing.

While they are frequently referred as the same its mostly untrue. There are some rednecks that are not racist.

I always considered rednecks hardworking people who just so happen to do "redneck" things.

"What most people call a redneck ain't nothing but a working man, who make a living by the sweat of his brow and the calluses on his hand"

I think you guys are confusing rednecks and white trash.

My neighbor's driveway on the 4th.  
mean.gif

The irony of flying that flag on Independence Day wasn't lost on me. 

Thankfully this truck belonged to some young kid that was just visiting for their pool party.  Still won't be ******* with my neighbors like that now though.  The company you keep.....

People really *****ing about taking down a non government flag from a government building. I swear people think they're so slick with their racist views. :x

Back
Top Bottom