ticket/license suspension question

Discussion in 'General' started by mcflyyy, Dec 25, 2009.

1. mcflyyy

mcflyyy

i received my first ticket 5 weeks ago ($115 for not having my lights on...aka driving while black) and i planned on going to court to detest it, but decidedagainst it at the last minute. i then paid the ticket a couple days online a couple days after the court date. but i just received a letter notifying me thatmy license has been suspended for the failure to appear in court or pay the ticket.. the letter was sent a day before i paid online and i'm wondering ifthe suspension will be revoked since i paid the ticket.

for the record, on the ticket, it says i must pay by a specific time or charges will be added accordingly.. i paid the ticket as well as the additional latefees.

2. dirtylicious

dirtylicious Administrator

how do you say you were driving without your lights on then claim that you got the ticket b/c you were black?
    [​IMG]

3. lil rell

lil rell

it would help to know what state you are in.

4. tfromthe617

tfromthe617

in most states you can request a hearing at the DMV. do that, and bring proof that you paid the ticket. hopefully you'll be able to get off.

good luck bro.

5. el cuco

el cuco

You should have went in person...next thing you know you'll have a warrant out for your arrest [​IMG]

6. mcflyyy

mcflyyy

i get followed every night i go out with another minority and most of the time when i'm alone. the police followed me for miles.. then i guessthey got tired of waiting for me to violate a law and decided to pull me over. when dude asked me for my license/registration, he didn't say anything aboutmy headlights. nothing...then after 30 minutes of sitting in his car, he came back and asked me if my lights work, gave me a ticket and never gave me back mylicense. and generally when you don't have your lights on and everything else in tact, they just remind you to turn them on and go about their evening.

7. cartier urkel

cartier urkel

You good G, as soon as the ticket is paid your license is good. They might give you a paper to ride around with for a few weeks until they clear it in thesystem

8. dacityslanga

dacityslanga

So you are driving around with out any license? R.I.P.

9. sure lock 510

sure lock 510

[​IMG] I was thinking "black", as in no lights, like blacked out.. not the skin color [​IMG]

10. mcflyyy

mcflyyy

you know i'm smarter than that. (c) jeezy

11. mcflyyy

mcflyyy

good looking out. i was kinda nervous about going out at night after that letter.

12. certifiedsw

certifiedsw

Woah, Dirty used an emoticon [​IMG][​IMG]