ticket/license suspension question

i received my first ticket 5 weeks ago ($115 for not having my lights on...aka driving while black) and i planned on going to court to detest it, but decidedagainst it at the last minute. i then paid the ticket a couple days online a couple days after the court date. but i just received a letter notifying me thatmy license has been suspended for the failure to appear in court or pay the ticket.. the letter was sent a day before i paid online and i'm wondering ifthe suspension will be revoked since i paid the ticket.

for the record, on the ticket, it says i must pay by a specific time or charges will be added accordingly.. i paid the ticket as well as the additional latefees.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

i received my first ticket 5 weeks ago ($115 for not having my lights on...aka driving while black) and i planned on going to court to detest it, but decided against it at the last minute. i then paid the ticket a couple days online a couple days after the court date. but i just received a letter notifying me that my license has been suspended for the failure to appear in court or pay the ticket.. the letter was sent a day before i paid online and i'm wondering if the suspension will be revoked since i paid the ticket.

for the record, on the ticket, it says i must pay by a specific time or charges will be added accordingly.. i paid the ticket as well as the additional late fees.
how do you say you were driving without your lights on then claim that you got the ticket b/c you were black?
alien.gif

in most states you can request a hearing at the DMV. do that, and bring proof that you paid the ticket. hopefully you'll be able to get off.

good luck bro.

You should have went in person...next thing you know you'll have a warrant out for your arrest
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

i received my first ticket 5 weeks ago ($115 for not having my lights on...aka driving while black) and i planned on going to court to detest it, but decided against it at the last minute. i then paid the ticket a couple days online a couple days after the court date. but i just received a letter notifying me that my license has been suspended for the failure to appear in court or pay the ticket.. the letter was sent a day before i paid online and i'm wondering if the suspension will be revoked since i paid the ticket.

for the record, on the ticket, it says i must pay by a specific time or charges will be added accordingly.. i paid the ticket as well as the additional late fees.
how do you say you were driving without your lights on then claim that you got the ticket b/c you were black?
alien.gif
i get followed every night i go out with another minority and most of the time when i'm alone. the police followed me for miles.. then i guessthey got tired of waiting for me to violate a law and decided to pull me over. when dude asked me for my license/registration, he didn't say anything aboutmy headlights. nothing...then after 30 minutes of sitting in his car, he came back and asked me if my lights work, gave me a ticket and never gave me back mylicense. and generally when you don't have your lights on and everything else in tact, they just remind you to turn them on and go about their evening.

You good G, as soon as the ticket is paid your license is good. They might give you a paper to ride around with for a few weeks until they clear it in thesystem

alien.gif
i get followed every night i go out with another minority and most of the time when i'm alone. the police followed me for miles.. then i guess they got tired of waiting for me to violate a law and decided to pull me over. when dude asked me for my license/registration, he didn't say anything about my headlights. nothing...then after 30 minutes of sitting in his car, he came back and asked me if my lights work, gave me a ticket and never gave me back my license. and generally when you don't have your lights on and everything else in tact, they just remind you to turn them on and go about their evening.
So you are driving around with out any license? R.I.P.

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

alien.gif
i get followed every night i go out with another minority and most of the time when i'm alone. the police followed me for miles.. then i guess they got tired of waiting for me to violate a law and decided to pull me over. when dude asked me for my license/registration, he didn't say anything about my headlights. nothing...then after 30 minutes of sitting in his car, he came back and asked me if my lights work, gave me a ticket and never gave me back my license. and generally when you don't have your lights on and everything else in tact, they just remind you to turn them on and go about their evening.
So you are driving around with out any license? R.I.P.
you know i'm smarter than that. (c) jeezy

Originally Posted by Cartier Urkel

You good G, as soon as the ticket is paid your license is good. They might give you a paper to ride around with for a few weeks until they clear it in the system
good looking out. i was kinda nervous about going out at night after that letter.

alien.gif
Woah, Dirty used an emoticon
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom