Tiger Woods Appreciation

Tiger Woods really is/will be the greatest golfer to ever play the game. He just reached 70 career wins and has a long ways to go. A lot of people say JackNicklaus is better for having more majors but at the rate Tigers going, I think he'll soon pass that.

[table][tr][th=""]Rank�� [/th] [th=""]Name�� [/th] [th=""]Lifespan�� [/th] [th=""]Country�� [/th] [th=""]Wins�� [/th] [th=""]Majors�� [/th] [th=""]Winning
span�� [/th] [th=""]Span
(years)�� [/th] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Sam Snead[/td] [td]1912-2002[/td] [td]
22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]1936-1965[/td] [td]30[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Jack Nicklaus[/td] [td]1940-[/td] [td]
United States[/td] [td]73[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]1962-1986[/td] [td]25[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Tiger Woods[/td] [td]1975-[/td] [td]
United States
[/td] [td]70[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]1996-2009[/td] [td]14[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Ben Hogan[/td] [td]1912-1997[/td] [td]
United States[/td] [td]64[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]1938-1959[/td] [td]22[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Arnold Palmer[/td] [td]1929-[/td] [td]
United States[/td] [td]62[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]1955-1973[/td] [td]19[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Byron Nelson[/td] [td]1912-2006[/td] [td]
United States[/td] [td]52[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]1935-1951[/td] [td]17[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Billy Casper[/td] [td]1931-[/td] [td]
United States[/td] [td]51[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1956-1975[/td] [td]20[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Walter Hagen[/td] [td]1892-1969[/td] [td]
United States[/td] [td]44[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]1916-1936[/td] [td]21[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Cary Middlecoff[/td] [td]1921-1998[/td] [td]
United States[/td] [td]40[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1945-1961[/td] [td]17[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Gene Sarazen[/td] [td]1902-1999[/td] [td]
United States[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]1922-1941[/td] [td]20[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Tom Watson[/td] [td]1949-[/td] [td]
United States[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]1974-1998[/td] [td]25[/td] [/tr][/table]
http://www.youtube.com/v/vhWMfCtgPaY&rel=1http://www.youtube.com/v/vhWMfCtgPaY&rel=1http://www.youtube.com/v/vhWMfCtgPaY&rel=1 http://www.youtube.com/v/UTuk5Uloyjg&rel=1http://www.youtube.com/v/UTuk5Uloyjg&rel=1

Wrong forum. Regardless, he still is very much appreciated. Hope he can take it again this weekend.
pimp.gif

that chip in still gives me chills till this day...it was the perfect shot just perfect

how hard is it to win a tournment/major in golf? sorry I dont follow gof AT ALL, but for some reason I dont think tiger woods is that great simply because Idont see how hes being such a beast, can anyone put in equivelent terms with another sport how hard it is to win a tournment/major? is it like winningwimbledon? making the final four?

your playing world class competitors in golf...you've got to be on your a game..fairways all day..minimal bunkers...and your dying to get close putts....

Tiger Woods makes all that look effortless when it sure isn't easy to hit a golf ball straight and over 300 yards.

Take a look at those videos..look at Tigers putt's. The shot he made at the masters is no other shot anyone on earth would have been able to do.

So yeah to win a major pga tourney is pretty equivalent to wimbledon imo. But i mean all sports are kind of apples and oranges to me on skill levels it's adifferent skill set in diff sports.

^Step it up Crank. To me, what Tiger is doing in golf is greater than any other individual performance over the span of a career in the history of sports.That's how hard golf is.

Tiger, and this thread are appreciated, but OP...Barry Bonds as the avy when you're making Tiger Appreciation threads? Isn't that like being a huge fanof Mother Theresa and Lindsay Lohan at the same time?

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

how hard is it to win a tournment/major in golf? sorry I dont follow gof AT ALL, but for some reason I dont think tiger woods is that great simply because I dont see how hes being such a beast, can anyone put in equivelent terms with another sport how hard it is to win a tournment/major? is it like winning wimbledon? making the final four?

indifferent.gif
Golf is such a complex sport. It looks easy, but ask anyone who has seriously picked up a 9-iron just how difficult it truly is. There is a real science tothe sport. I am not implying that there isn't one in other sports but it's way different when it comes to golf.

Golf is multi-tiered. Meaning that there is much more than just hitting a ball really hard to make it go really far, (this is known as the log drive btw). Onemust be skilled at accurately hitting the ball a great distance. In order to do so, one must swing and aim the club at the appropriate speed. Then there'sthe mid-game, where one must calculate height and distance in order to place the ball as close to the hole as possible. Finally, there is putting. This mayappear to be the easiest aspect of it, but it certainly takes expertise to do well. One must take into account not only the slope of the course, but even thegrain of the grass and how that will affect your shot.

I never said golf was easy I just said I know tiger is a god but Im having a hard time understand what he goes through daily so I was asking if anyone can putwhat he has won in equivelence to another sport

so thanks for not helping

I'm not the greatest golfer but it requires a great deal of mental toughness. I cannot get over the fact how metally tough tiger woods is. Everytime hehits a bad shot he just bounces back from it. I dunno if it is just me but it's crazy to see how mentally tough pro athletes can be and how it seperatesthem from everyone else.

how hard is it to win a tournment/major in golf? sorry I dont follow gof AT ALL, but for some reason I dont think tiger woods is that great simply because I dont see how hes being such a beast, can anyone put in equivelent terms with another sport how hard it is to win a tournment/major? is it like winning wimbledon? making the final four?

eek.gif
first the blu-ray help thread and now this? Are you slow?

smh.gif

this dude will probably catch up with him pretty soon... Ryo Ishikawa
250px-Ryo_Ishikawa.jpg

dude is only 17 and becoming a beast in the game.

Originally Posted by sykwitit32

I'm not the greatest golfer but it requires a great deal of mental toughness. I cannot get over the fact how metally tough tiger woods is. Everytime he hits a bad shot he just bounces back from it. I dunno if it is just me but it's crazy to see how mentally tough pro athletes can be and how it seperates them from everyone else.
Ya mental toughness is truly what separates the good players from the great ones

Originally Posted by JDB1523

^Step it up Crank. To me, what Tiger is doing in golf is greater than any other individual performance over the span of a career in the history of sports. That's how hard golf is.

Tiger, and this thread are appreciated, but OP...Barry Bonds as the avy when you're making Tiger Appreciation threads? Isn't that like being a huge fan of Mother Theresa and Lindsay Lohan at the same time?
ya i would agree that he dominates the sport unlike any one athlete in any other sport. it really is amazing. and btw OPs avy isnt Barry Bonds.

youre buggin

golf takes skill, i can respect it even if i dont play it.

Tiger maybe good at golf but on a personal level hes a major herb. this guy went on Opra and said he was every other race besides Black. I dont respect that.it seems like he hates Black people so he hates himself. always wearing those goofy Nike hats cus their pimpin him like the slave he is. hes always showing histeeth for the man..lastly, he acts like a 2 year old having a tempertantrum when hes having a bad game(throwing clubs, freaking out and cursing) I dontappreciate Tiger Woods at all..booooooooo

watching gold highlights isnt that exciting...i think tiger is going to shatter the all-time wins record and the majors record. prediction - 90 wins 25 majors?

.i think tiger is going to shatter the all-time wins record and the majors record. prediction - 90 wins 25 majors

Whoa! Tiger is only 33, and this is golf he has at least 8-10 good years left. You think he's only going to win 20 more times?

Back
Top Bottom